World Grand Prix 2011

• Very strong teams indeed.

Italy and Russia may win those 2 tickets although Netherlands, Germany and even Turkey are strong teams as well.

Yeah, what about Bulgaria? Or you think mediocre teams are also allowed to partcipate in WGP qualifications?

I personally consider Russia the only strong team to easily advance wih other 5 really battling it out. :super: We'll see what happens. :win:

• Maybe a wild card for brasil?

Cause Ary Graça, president of Brasilian volleyball Confederation gave an interview, saying is impossible for Brasil to stay out of WGP 2011 :S

• According to this newpaper next Grand Prix (2011) will have 16 teams. In that case, South America will have 2 places (Peru and Argentina)

http://www.clarin.com/deportes…rix-FIVB_0_316168599.html

Anybody knows something about this?

I think this teams shouldn't be Argentina or Peru..I think in World Grand Prix there must be more Euroepan teams..The strong teams from Europe(such Russia,Serbia,Turkey) can't participate WGP because of the rules(in WGP there must be 4 European Team)..I hope that in WGP 2011 there will be more European teams!!! :drink:

• If there will be something like 16 teams there shuld be:

NO African team

many of Europe (POL, NED, TUR, ITA, RUS, SRB , GER and maybe BUL, AZE)

from Asia JPN , CHN , THA (maybe KOR, KAZ or TPE but after seeing this year WGP they are sooooooooo weak)

and from Americas: USA, CUB, BRA, DOM (and maybe PUR, ARG or PER)

I think the best 16 is - BRA, USA, DOM, CUB, CHN, THA, JPN, POL, ITA, RUS, NED, TUR, GER, SRB, plus some of KOR, KAZ, BUL, AZE, PUR - 2 of them)

there are really no other strong teams maybe in Europe but i counted those 7 best and Bulgaria and Azerbaijan and there is no chance for more probably

:) but i think there is no chance for that

• I agree almost totally with you!

16 strongest teams currently worldwide in my opinion:

Europe (9): Italy, Russia, Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria.
    Asia (3): China, Japan, Thailand.
    America (4): Brazil, USA, Cuba, Dominican Republic.

• Argentina and Peru are weaker than Brasil, but they have been better in last panamerican (Peru 2nd and Argentina 5th). That's the reason they'll play next GP. If Brasil wanted to be there, they should have taken their best players.

• In that interview that Joana mentioned, Ary Graça mentioned that they decided not to take the main NT to the Pan-American Cup as a retaliation to the fact that in the year before, the physical structure of the whole event was very bad - bad hotels, bad food service, stuff like that, and that they complained, but nothing was changed for this year. He said this is why they chose to put the junior NT instead.

Personally, I can understand why they would make such a stand, although I think it's funny - to say the least - that he's only claiming that after everyone starts to freak out due to the fact that Brazil didn't earn a spot on court to play GP next year. No one mentioned the absence as a symbolic gesture before.

Still, I think it's silly that there are these "mini tournaments" to determine the spots regionally. The best system, really, is still how they do things in the World League. It's just not right that the best teams stay out of the competition - I think this applies to Russia this year, Italy last year, etc...

What bothers me is his arrogance. He says "Of course Brazil won't stay out of the GP, are you kidding me? There's no way." Surely he'll make his way that Brazil won't miss the GP next year, no matter what. Anyways, it's not like the whole thing it's not a political game in FIVB. We're used to it, nothing new about it, I'm sure none of us is really shocked about it.

• I totaly agree with you!

And I really cant understand why World League and World Grand Prix have different formulas, makes no sense in my head....

But I think it can be a great thing to start to rase the number of NT playing it!

• What bothers me is his arrogance. He says "Of course Brazil won't stay out of the GP, are you kidding me? There's no way." Surely he'll make his way that Brazil won't miss the GP next year, no matter what. Anyways, it's not like the whole thing it's not a political game in FIVB. We're used to it, nothing new about it, I'm sure none of us is really shocked about it.

Maybe Peru will withdraw and then Brasil will get one spot

as i remember Per \u withdraw from OG Qualifying in Japan in 2008

• At least. Last week our journalist say about this but I forget write it here ;-) He say that from Europe will be 6 Teams, 2 from South America and 1 with Wild Card. You know Wild Card=Money for FIVB.

• Peru and Kenya withdraw from 1st round to Tournament to Japan. Winner from this 2 Teams had chance to play with other Teams in Japan.
    Probably the formula in 2011 about qualif to Grand Prix 2012 will be the same like in World League but let's wait what FIVB say.

• Maybe Peru will withdraw and then Brasil will get one spot

as i remember Per \u withdraw from OG Qualifying in Japan in 2008

Yeah, but, as I recall, Peru only did so 'cause they lost the spot from South American to Venezuela, and they realized their chance of qualifying against Japan, Poland, Serbia and so was very slim, besides being in financial problems. I think this year they got really excited to get the chance to take part in the GP.

• At least. Last week our journalist say about this but I forget write it here ;-) He say that from Europe will be 6 Teams, 2 from South America and 1 with Wild Card. You know Wild Card=Money for FIVB.

More teams from Europe is very goog idea :win: 2011 WGP will be very good..I hope we will watch good and hard matches!! :drink:

• In World Grand Prix 2011 will play 5 Teams from Europe, 3 from Norceca, 2 from South America with Brazil as 3rd Team, 4 from Asia and 1 from qualification Asia-Africa...In Finals will be Eight Teams.