CEV Cup 2010/2011

• I did not mean to offend anyone, just shared my opinion based on what I've seen from CSKA in last 2 years.

U mentioned croatian clubs but probably u don't know financial situation in croatian volleyball. Financial situation is very bad, CSKA have bigger budget than all clubs in Croatia, both men and women. Last year Mladost played in Challenge Cup finals and those guys were without salaries over 9 months. So Croatian and Bulgaria through the prism of volleyball investment can not be compared :teach: Many players left Mladost this year and every guy signed contract with Italian clubs. Zhukouski (Macerata, signed earlier but was in Mladost on loan) now on loan in RPA, Galić - B.B.L Cuneo and Rajič . B.B.L Cuneo, loan in Ethnikos (Greece). In CEV Cup they faced Modena and played great match in Zagreb and in Challenge Cup lost to Unirea but coz big financial problems (maybe lost due further costs) and it's hard to concentrate on volley when you don't have anything to eat. I can ask you same question : where was Bulgarian women NT when Croatian was playing on WC in Japan :wavy:

To repeat once again : I shared MY opinion on CSKA,and I don't see anything offending or rude. Any discussion on this forum, if not about the same opinion, is undesirable :white:

U mentioned croatian clubs but probably u don't know financial situation in croatian volleyball. Financial situation is very bad, CSKA have bigger budget than all clubs in Croatia, both men and women. Last year Mladost played in Challenge Cup finals and those guys were without salaries over 9 months. So Croatian and Bulgaria through the prism of volleyball investment can not be compared :teach:

Just a brief note here - CSKA seems to be powerful in terms of money and sponsors, but actually that's not quite true! Last year they played all their games in the CL without getting any money for that, but none of them ever complained because of the chance to play against the best and represent Bulgaria. They got paid at the end of the season. This year the key players also mentioned several times that not all the salaries are paid yet, but again they are not complaining, they preserve the great spirit in the team despite the problems and trust the president of the club very much since he always finds a way to pay them at the end, even a bit later sometimes. So don't be so sure about the budget of CSKA even though I don't know how much money the key players are getting.. As you see same problems happen in Greece, we have them in Bulgaria as well, but sometimes you have to play and hope for the best! The team from Zagreb also showed it last year, this is how things should be in this crisis!

PS. I am perfectly aware of all the problems CSKA have with reception, block cover, attack predicitability, the mediocre Stefanov (even in his younger years as a part of the NT), but at least this team deserves some respect for the spirit shown!

• Just a brief note here - CSKA seems to be powerful in terms of money and sponsors, but actually that's not quite true! Last year they played all their games in the CL without getting any money for that, but none of them ever complained because of the chance to play against the best and represent Bulgaria. They got paid at the end of the season. This year the key players also mentioned several times that not all the salaries are paid yet, but again they are not complaining, they preserve the great spirit in the team despite the problems and trust the president of the club very much since he always finds a way to pay them at the end, even a bit later sometimes. So don't be so sure about the budget of CSKA even though I don't know how much money the key players are getting.. As you see same problems happen in Greece, we have them in Bulgaria as well, but sometimes you have to play and hope for the best! The team from Zagreb also showed it last year, this is how things should be in this crisis!

PS. I am perfectly aware of all the problems CSKA have with reception, block cover, attack predicitability, the mediocre Stefanov (even in his younger years as a part of the NT), but at least this team deserves some respect for the spirit shown!

I respect all volleyball teams with no difference :drink: I never said anything offending towards CSKA but for me there are much better teams, that's all :wavy:

• :white: I hope you are wrong. I will bet on Zaksa :lol: Go Zaksa!

I don''t have personal favorite for this couple, but the German team played strong game against Trento

• PS. I am perfectly aware of all the problems CSKA have with reception, block cover, attack predicitability, the mediocre Stefanov (even in his younger years as a part of the NT), but at least this team deserves some respect for the spirit shown!

Why do you consider him mediocre in his young years? Even now he has serve and reception, although his attack doesn''t have power ?

• Resovia should go through. ZAKSA has a strong opponent, but I think they also have chances to be in the next round. Friedriechshaffen are favorites, although I hope ZAKSA will be able to stop them.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I respect all volleyball teams with no difference :drink: I never said anything offending towards CSKA but for me there are much better teams, that's all :wavy:

Well, this is something we all know very well :D

Why do you consider him mediocre in his young years? Even now he has serve and reception, although his attack doesn''t have power ?

He is supposed to be a good receiver, but you see often he is not, in fact I've watched him earlier, even then he wasn't that good in reception, his attack is more or less a matter of luck, only his serve is OK.. if you consider a good receiver in our NT apart from Konstantinov, the only name that comes to my mind is Danail Mihaylov, but he had a shoulder problem throughout his career, so he could only receive. Stefanov is not a bad player, only mediocre.

• about the match Friedrichshafen - Kedziercin: I've seen both teams playing this year. And I think Kedziercin is the stronger team...

• CSKA 2 x 0 Ziraat Bankasi :what: CSKA always play good games at home.

Great performance bij CSKA so far...because Ziraat Bankasi has a very strong team !!

• Yes, the result was the most common - 3:2. :thumbsup: Great play from the Middle Blockers :set: . Salparov was not so good on reception this time, the team lacked synchrony in certain stages, but Todorov and Portuondo made it. And Mayo with fantastic win ace when I expected for him to make mistake :lol:
    P.S. Rodrigao played well, but this is not the first time when he looses with strong team in Bulgaria. In 2006 at the group stage of Champions League Levski beat Macherata 3:2 with big difference in the first two sets. Macherata was the current Italian champion, with Miljkovic, Geric, Rodrigao in their roster. Levski was with NT players Todor Alexiev, Boyan Yordanov, Krasimir Gaydarski, Metodi Ananiev. They beat Skra Belchatov too in the beginning of 2007 - 3:1. Gaydarski had 23 points - 10 blocks and became the best blocker of the group stage. Good times for Levski. Now is CSKA turn to win games in Europe

• in short tragic match, I'm sorry because I wasted time on watching this.. both teams played poor. congrats on CSKA for big fighting spirit ;)

P.S. fans were tragic, throwing lighters, papers etc. on field :down:

• CSKA - Ziraat was a real drama :white:

I almost got a heart attack while watching...

In particular Ziraat coach - Plamen Konstantinov became extemely emotional during the match and got first a red card and then a yellow and a red card and watch the rest of the game from outside....

The whole match was very intense...the public was insine also...Pfff I am extremely emotional at the moment will report later on what happened in details...

• in short tragic match, I'm sorry because I wasted time on watching this.. both teams played poor. congrats on CSKA for big fighting spirit ;)

P.S. fans were tragic, throwing lighters, papers etc. on field :down:

These are football fens. We are glad they didn't blow anything :lol:

• Where can I find stats of the game? There is no pdf icon in cev.lu site here;
    http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…=p_prj_game_summary&key=0

• What a pathetic management! CSKA site http://www.cskavolley.org/ is stopped for not paying the hosting :lol:
    I'll have to report Todorov's stats by memory:
    Serve - quite a lot of serves with 3 mistakes and one ace, most of the others were received poor by Ziratbank. Had 7/10 in attack with 2 mistakes and at least 5 blocks, may be 6 or 7, had some good work as a setter !, one good defending of strong spike, which resulted in good pass for Portuondo, who scored. MVP for the first two sets in my opinion. Portuondo and Mayo decided the tiebreak
    Platenik and Rodrigao played very well. Platenik was amazing on reception. The other receivers were not so good. Tisher had good moments
    The poor moments - obviously CSKA have no real coaching, so if Ziratbank had Celitans, the game would be devastating for them. No tactics, no adequate interruptions of the game, poor synchronization of the players, poor reception. Even Salparov had bad moments receiving, and he is a top libero. They don't train properly that element, obviously. The organization improved a bit at the tiebtreak, which let CSKA win, but overall was poor in my opinion. CSKA could have won 3:0 with better coach, especially with the absence of Plamen Konstantinov

• According to sportal.bg Philip Mayo scored 26 pts, Yasser Portuondo - 18 pts, Teodor Todorov - 16 pts. From Ziratbank Peter Platenik with 20 pts

Edit: Official stat of the game: