Hello from Australia

• Hi My name is Hugh and I'm from Australia. Volleyball isn't as big here as it is in Europe but there are some of us who love the sport and follow our Australian players playing overseas. Hope to read a lot from passionate volleyball supporters!

• hi Hugh.
    your NT is really improving lately and Igor Yudin is an amazing player :super:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Thanks guys. I'm from a city called Adelaide in the state of South Australia. We are excited about the national team: they have qualified for the world championships now for the third time in a row now, qualified for the 2007 world cup and the 2004 olympics. IT's a small community that plays and enoys volleyball so i know a couple of players on the team. I saw Igor Yudin play as a high school student, and I travelled a couple of times with Nathan Roberts, and shared a room with him once! I hope we will do well at WC. Unfortunately, there's always every chance that they will close down the NT programme that trains up these guys from an early age. Our women's NT is not well funded, and most of the athletes aren't full-time professional athletes. I used to play volleyball when i was younger, but now coach a lot of junior volleyball for local clubs.

• Welcome to this forum, Hugh! :)