Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• I don't think Ulanova would have made the difference. IMO, you can't expect to win with just two people receiving and an OPP (Goncharova) occasionally participating. Russia needs to get Kosheleva back in top form for them to really shine.

• I am not sure is it early blame to Ovnichikov but i still have doubts that he was the best choice for russian team.RUS NT definitly needs a foreign coach especially from around asia.Russian coaches just can't teach to players how to make defence and reception.They just care about attack and high block with Kaprara they were playing a really close volleyball to other european teams.Well Sokolova learnt those things from abroad aswell.Bergamo and Jesi had a big effect to her talent.Same for Gamova she improved a lot in backrow after a year in abroad with Fener.I think all russian talents should play in abroad for some years especially to Italy or Turkey (Best italian coaches are working here now) Kosheleva was really close to Eczacibasi this season but she decided to play for Kazan.I wish her luck here but it would be a great chance for her volleyball to play in Eczaci together with Micelli.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Do they play a 3rd/4th place match?

• Actually, I didn't expect Turkey to beat Russia and I'm really happy right now :drink: Turkish players have some injuries as well, Gözde and Neriman have soulder injuries Özge is injured, Neslihan hasn't fully recovered from her ankle injury so injured players shouldn't be an excuse for other teams, Russia has one more chance, they will go to world qualification and I really don't care about Germany I think Turkey and Poland deserve to go to olympic games much more than Germany. If Russia wants to go to olympic games, they should solve their problems with each other first, they were even arguing during the time out, this is not good for them, Gamova should come back to Fenerbahçe to ease her nerves :D

I'm really impressed by Neriman today she has risen her game much more than last year even though she has a shoulder injury, I'm lookking forward to seeing her playing with Lobianco next season.

and about tomorrow, I think the most two steady teams of this tournament are in the final, I will support Turkey for sure but if Poland wins tomorrow I won't be sorry, I really really like Polish NT :)

• No, that would be sheer cruelty to the players since only the winner gets a ticket and world ranking decides who goes to Japan...

The reason I ask is because the NORCECA website has a 3/4 match scheduled between Puerto Rico and Canada :what:

• The reason I ask is because the NORCECA website has a 3/4 match scheduled between Puerto Rico and Canada :what:

I know, in their tournament there are even matches for 5th and 7th places :aww: Totally stupid...

Maybe I am biased because Germany is out, but I think it might be a good solution to take qualifier tournaments as base for who goes to Japan tournament instead of world ranking. Russia and Serbia knew from the beginning they'd get another chance, so they were not at 100% in this tournament. On the other hand, one of Poland and Turkey who both are playing a fantastic tournament will definitely not be in London. Maybe in 4 years they could let 2nd and 3rd ranked team from qualifier go to Japan...or simply increase the number of participating teams.

• IMO, you can't expect to win with just two people receiving and an OPP (Goncharova) occasionally participating. Russia needs to get Kosheleva back in top form for them to really shine.

agree with this. and I think it's the most important. Estes may receive, but her form is still questionable. Goncharova is good in attack but her reception is shaky. So Kosheleva is needed to fill that gap.

Congrats to Turkey! Impressive! :flower: May the team who plays the best volleyball win tomorrow :)

• Congrats Girls!! and Good luck for the final!
    second set was very crucial and we got it by Neriman's struggle.If we had lost it the things woud have been otherwise (who knows)
    Russia is a good team and they will be in G in Londan after Japan tournament.( i'D like it for Luba) .Sokolova and Libero played very well at receiveing.Goncharova damaged us after joining the game instead of Kosheleva.
    Congrats again!

• It isn't totally stupid.

NORCECA Teams have occasion to develop Their skills also because of more matches even here so it is very good idea.

NORCECA Teams have occasion to develop Their skills also because of more matches even here so it is very good idea.

That's a good point. Good for Norceca teams but I think not necessary to European teams. :)

• Volleyball matches can be so full of emotions sometimes, even for spectators like us. Your team wins and it bliss. :dance6: If they lose, it's such a huge downer. ;(

• Volleyball matches can be so full of emotions sometimes, even for spectators like us. Your team wins and it bliss. :dance6: If they lose, it's such a huge downer. ;(

Exactly.sometimes because of that feeling ,giving up watching volleyball matches passes through my mind just to avoide that stress....

Yes, Honduras is becoming a great volleyball superpower because they are playing matches for 5th to 8th places... :whistle: