Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• what do you mean official? if you say FIVB news will be the official names, then i seldom get information from there...

but i seldom give wrong information here as well...

actually korea has decide the roster very early in April, pls refer to http://www.kva.or.kr/korean/viewtopic.php?t=90379

I understand.
    I thought that other teams would send more than 12 players like Russia NT.
    I have the same information of Cuba and Peru, but no from the rest.

• So there's a chance she can play? THAT is the right attitude! Not like certain other stars :whistle:

Her intention is to play for sure, but right now, nobady knows if it actually will happen. I agree, her fighting spirit with this is very impressive!

• pappi

Where's the japan roster ?

Japan 17 Roster

S - Takeshita Yoshie, Nakamichi Hitomi
    WS - Kurihara Megumi, Kimura Saori, Ebata Yukiko, Yamaguchi Mai, Ishida Mizuho, Shinnabe Risa, Kano Maiko, Sakoda Saori
    MB - Araki Erika (C), Iwasaka Nana, Otomo Ai, Inoue Kaori, Hirai Kanako
    L - Sano Yuko, Zayasu Kotoki

the above players have been to China in the end of April for 4 friendlies. now they have 17 players for intensive training...
    the roster will be announced around May 18. lets wait for a while.

the rest teams attending the tournament brings 12 players, apart from Russia with "14 + 1".

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• thank you :flower:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Sokolova also skipped WGP and ECh, and both of those tournaments were very important in terms of qualifying to the Olympics. Now she's skipping the WQT. Basically, Sokolova has missed the whole Olympic qualifying process. If Russia does qualify in the end, Sokolova will have had contributed to that at all.

It's fine if she's tired after all those year of playing on NT, but she should say it in advance and just make up her mind already. Her drama-queening has got old a long time ago.

• Sokolova also skipped WGP and ECh, and both of those tournaments were very important in terms of qualifying to the Olympics. Now she's skipping the WQT. Basically, Sokolova has missed the whole Olympic qualifying process. If Russia does qualify in the end, Sokolova will have had contributed to that at all.

It's fine if she's tired after all those year of playing on NT, but she should say it in advance and just make up her mind already. Her drama-queening has got old a long time ago.

That's exactly what I mean. She says she wants Olympic Gold, but she doesn't really seem ready to sacrifice anything to it. I don't like this attitude of "let the others do the qualifying work, I'll just play the big thing" :thumbdown:

I remember, many years ago in Italy, Anna Mello wanted to take a rest in 2003 and not play ECH, so Bonitta said if she doesn't play ECH she won't play Olympics and that's what happened eventually. What I want to say is that Sokolova surely is a great player and without her Russia wouldn't have won the last two WCH, but it's no good attitude to choose all the time when you want to play and when not.

• That's exactly what I mean. She says she wants Olympic Gold, but she doesn't really seem ready to sacrifice anything to it. I don't like this attitude of "let the others do the qualifying work, I'll just play the big thing" :thumbdown:

I remember, many years ago in Italy, Anna Mello wanted to take a rest in 2003 and not play ECH, so Bonitta said if she doesn't play ECH she won't play Olympics and that's what happened eventually. What I want to say is that Sokolova surely is a great player and without her Russia wouldn't have won the last two WCH, but it's no good attitude to choose all the time when you want to play and when not.

Maybe after know the teams that are participating, she's absolutely sure Russia will qualify to Olympic Games.

• Did Ai Otomo divorce with Mr. Yamamoto? Now she is listed everywhere as Otomo and in previous years there was Yamamoto.

yes, she officially released the divorce statement in the middle of March, 2012. besides, Ai won the custody of her 5 year old daughter.
    therefore, she renewed her Maiden name of Otomo.

to be me...

its not fair to continually expect Sokolova to do something for the NT.She is 35 year-old and they couldnt depend on Sokolova forever.They should respect Sokolova if she doesnt want to be invited to the Nt anymore.BUT its also not fair if Sokolova join the team and go to LOndon after Russia qualify..

• I'm sorry that I cannot find any information about why Shih Ting Chen is not in roster
    In Taiwan, not many people pay attention to international volleyball, there are few volleyball news
    There is no protection job for them, so they have to think about their future after study...
    As you can see in roster, most of our players are study in college. Because after college, the environment of volleyball is so bad
    Sometimes I'm really disappointed and feel sad about the situation in my country ;(

I see, sad to hear that :(

• Russia Final Roster:

Setters: Evgeniya Starseva, Marina Akulova
    Atackers: Ekaterina Gamova, Natalia Obmochaeva, Evgeniya Estes, Lesya Makhno, Tatiana Kosheleva
    MB's: Maria Borisenko, Maria Perepelkina, Yulia Merkulova
    Liberos: Svetlana Kryuchkova, Ekaterina Ulanova

source: championat.ru

• and finally....

Japan NT Roster of 12

S - Takeshita Yoshie, Nakamichi Hitomi
    WS - Kimura Saori, Ebata Yukiko, Yamaguchi Mai, Shinnabe Risa, Kano Maiko, Sakoda Saori
    MB - Araki Erika (C), Iwasaka Nana, Hirai Kanako
    L - Sano Yuko

the following players are eliminated for this tournament:
    Kurihara Megumi, Ishida Mizuho, Otomo Ai, Inoue Kaori, Zayasu Kotoki

to be me...

• wow...a lot of important names left out...why do you think it is, are Inoue, Kurihara and Ai physicly bad?