Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• You can find one in hahasport.com. Here we go again, 16-8 in favor of Cuba. Hope they can maintain momentum. Santos' serve is really fast. ^^

Thank you so much!!! ;) Now I can watch the match!

Successo viene prima di Sudore soltanto nel vocabolario.

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European League 2012

• You can find one in hahasport.com. Here we go again, 16-8 in favor of Cuba. Hope they can maintain momentum. Santos' serve is really fast. ^^

Hi Kabayan, I'd like to ask if your stream doesn't get interrupted? Do you also see this notification every few minutes that you need to be subscribed to get uninterrupted viewing? (BTW. welcome to the forum!) :drink: :)

• I seriously starts to think Wilma Salas spikes harder than Calderon...incredible power :white:

To me, all Cubans attack with the same thunderous power. and if ever there is someone who hits harder, I think the difference isn't too big. :)

Meanwhile Cuba crumbled in the 3rd set! 2-1 in favor of Japan.

• To me, all Cubans attack with the same thunderous power. and if ever there is someone who hits harder, I think the difference isn't too big. :)

Meanwhile Cuba crumbled in the 3rd set! 2-1 in favor of Japan.

I know, you´re right, and Salas dont have the same reach as Calderon anyway, but Im really impressed by her, and the other young cubans in attack. The problem is that their veterans is like "young talents" in another NTs :D so they are still lack very much in other aspects, and maybe mentally. Carcaces was their leader on court, thats a big reason she was so important I think.

• Cuba leading 19-23. Will they be able to maintain the lead and win the set? If so, it'll be the first time we'll be witnessing a 5-set match in this tournament.

• I know, you´re right, and Salas dont have the same reach as Calderon anyway, but Im really impressed by her, and the other young cubans in attack. The problem is that their veterans is like "young talents" in another NTs :D so they are still lack very much in other aspects, and maybe mentally. Carcaces was their leader on court, thats a big reason she was so important I think.

agree. if they can improve in other areas and gain more international experience, they can be a huge threat to the top teams.

• Im amazed how bad shape Nippon is in their own qualifing tournament for OG...their play this week is among the worst I have seen them play in years.

• Im amazed how bad shape Nippon is in their own qualifing tournament for OG...their play this week is among the worst I have seen them play in years.

True. I kinda expected them to topple Russia once they meet on court. It would be an interesting development if they were to lose this game. Makes it much harder to predict who will be in 3rd place.

• Cuban attacks are extremely powerful :box:

But the winner is Japan! :rose:

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• What a nerve-wracking, hair-raising tiebreak! Too bad Cuba lost. They were close to winning it. This could have been a match were raw power ruled over everything else. Unfortunately, their errors sealed their fate (40 compare to Japan's 11. That's almost close to giving 2 sets away for free!). Have they reduced that to at least 5%, it could have been a different result. :white:

• Judgement day coming up :cheesy:
    Japan still has Russia and Serbia to go. If they end up winning 0 points from those games, they may well miss out on qualifying, because there's a chance that Serbia, Korea and Thailand would surpass them. They will definitely be fighting for their lives.

For Serbia, it's clear. They need to beat Japan, and Japan has to lose to Russia.

Korea is basically a lock now.

• I didn't watch SErbia-Russia match but what I have seen from the stats impressed me a lot..37 year old Estes play like she is 25 years old :super: :super: :super: How great she is!!! :drink: :flower: I couldn't watch her greatest times but she still plays super well!! I hope next year Urolocka will have a Turkish opponent in CL so that I could take a photo with this living legend :win: :win: :heart: :heart: I will be very disappointed if I won't see her in starting six in London..

• Judgement day coming up :cheesy:
    Japan still has Russia and Serbia to go. If they end up winning 0 points from those games, they may well miss out on qualifying, because there's a chance that Serbia, Korea and Thailand would surpass them. They will definitely be fighting for their lives.

For Serbia, it's clear. They need to beat Japan, and Japan has to lose to Russia.

Korea is basically a lock now.

If Cuba won today, Serbia's chances would have improved. Still, Cuba took some precious points away from Japan. From what I saw, Japan is not playing to their level like in 2010 and 2011. If they continue to play like this for the rest of the tournament, I can see no reason why Russia couldn't beat them in straight sets. Korea, on the other hand, seems to have the best chance now to go to London among the asian teams.