Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Per Montano, I know that is not your intention Anton but that is a horrible rumor and what would it have to do with playing in big leagues? They would only be able to figure that out in Europe and not Korea? Absurd!

Yes, I dont belive it either as I said, but shouldnt have said anything at all...however, I guess it should be some reason more than the money, but we can only speculate.

• I'm sorry for Peru because they haven't got even chances to play in Japan. According to this article in Japan will play bet ranked non-qualified team from CAVB/CSV: Kenya is 15th and Peru is 17th so Kenya will go to Japan, unless they resign.

Now the squad of Japan is this: Japan, Korea, Thaiand, Chinese Taipei, Russia, Serbia, Cuba, Kenya
    Due to financial problems instead of Cuba in Japan could play Puerto Rico, but situation isn't solved yet. As someone posted Cuba can play if they find some money.

Kenya resigned, and Peru will go to keep improving. We have to learn and practice a lot!

• Kenya resigned, and Peru will go to keep improving. We have to learn and practice a lot!

yeah, but I dont understand, If FIVB will pay for Cuba to play, should they not pay for Kenya to play as well? I mean, to be fair, If they finace one team with money problems, they should do it to all.

I know Cuba has a lot of tradition, but finacing them can open a trouble precedent to FIVB! It is sad a team is out due money problems, but unfortunetly the world is like that. If FIVB pay to one, than they should pay to all, that would be fair, in my opinion.

• yeah, but I dont understand, If FIVB will pay for Cuba to play, should they not pay for Kenya to play as well? I mean, to be fair, If they finace one team with money problems, they should do it to all.

I know Cuba has a lot of tradition, but finacing them can open a trouble precedent to FIVB! It is sad a team is out due money problems, but unfortunetly the world is like that. If FIVB pay to one, than they should pay to all, that would be fair, in my opinion.

I think there's a confusion because as I know, NORCECA is paying everything and not FIVB.

• I think there's a confusion because as I know, NORCECA is paying everything and not FIVB.

I thought that too first, but then, here in Brazil all medias started saying FIVB togethe with NORCECA would pay...so.

So there is why I wrote what I wrote.

I think the best choice for FIVB indeed was not to take part on this, It is sad, cause of course cant sound mean not to help them, but I think If they do help one team, then they should help all of them, cause everyone wants a chance to shy of course.

• yeah, but I dont understand, If FIVB will pay for Cuba to play, should they not pay for Kenya to play as well? I mean, to be fair, If they finace one team with money problems, they should do it to all.

When legends like Mireya Luis and Yumilka Ruiz wants something, its easier to get things done...thats how it works. Then if its not right or not, another question. Everything is not fair in the world and will never be. Its not like FIVB ever stated they are like Mother Teresa.

Then I really wonder what the Cuban legends wants to get done with it, because already when Kenia Carcaces passed away from the team, it was clear their chances in olympics was zero. Now they wants to get paid to a tournament they most likely will not qualify in, and then if they against the odds, qualifies, they need even more money to play in olympics for living in hotels, preparation, sparringmatches, travels etc.

• Its a very good question Mr., but I guess only Montano can answer. Even if K-League is a joke in comparison to almost all other pro leagues, its good organisation there, good crowd, and she earns VERY much money, but still, she could probably earn even more in Europe and get more challanges, I mean even if she earns good it cant be esp. fun for her to play in Korea and have to attack 24-7 against teams that almost cant defend/block her.

I heard some rumor that she is afraid of playing in bigger leagues because she could be hermaphrodite, but I have really NO IDEA if its true or not. Probably not.

Where did you hear this bullshit?Montano she is married in Greece with a greek basketball manager and has got a kid of 6 years old...Montano is a high level player and better for sure than Flier,Brakocevic,Aguero etc.The last season played in Korea because they paid her a lot!!!!Modena kept Aguero because she is not so expensive,Gaijc in Rabita decided to keep Starovic instead of her and everybody knows the results of that decision.Montano can give the championship in every team she goes.

• Where did you hear this bullshit?Montano she is married in Greece with a greek basketball manager and has got a kid of 6 years old...Montano is a high level player and better for sure than Flier,Brakocevic,Aguero etc.The last season played in Korea because they paid her a lot!!!!Modena kept Aguero because she is not so expensive,Gaijc in Rabita decided to keep Starovic instead of her and everybody knows the results of that decision.Montano can give the championship in every team she goes.

What you are saying is that she earns a lot, which I also wrote...then you write that she is a high level player (that is obvious and I dont say against). I said nothing about that she cant be the decisive factor in any team. I dont know what your are trying to say with it to be honest. I said that stupid rumor yes, I apologize for that, I also said I thought it wasnt true, so whats the problem?

• What you are saying is that she earns a lot, which I also wrote...then you write that she is a high level player (that is obvious and I dont say against). I said nothing about that she cant be the decisive factor in any team. I dont know what your are trying to say with it to be honest. I said that stupid rumor yes, I apologize for that, I also said I thought it wasnt true, so whats the problem?

If it's not true don't say it or give us your source.

• It is confirmed by FIVB that the participants in Japan are :

Japan (host country)
    Korea (2011 Asia Championship best team after China (qualified at World Cup) and hosts Japan)
    Thailand (2011 Asia Championship second best team after China, Japan and Korea)
    Chinese Taipei (2011 Asia Championship third best team after China, Japan, Korea and Thailand)
    • CEV1 Serbia (Best ranked team on world rankings as of January 4, 2012)
    • CEV2 Russia (Second best ranked team on world rankings as of January 4, 2012)
    • NORCECA1 Cuba (Best ranked team on world rankings as of January 4, 2012)
    • CSV1 or CAVB 1 Peru(Best ranked team on world rankings as of January 4, 2012)

Source

• So all rumours as I expected were not true and ... no surprise :teach:
    my favourites : Russia, Serbia, Cuba and Japan

I'd add Korea to that list if they bring all their best players, and judging from their roster for GP it seems they will...with Y.K.Kim they have one of the best players worldwide and if she can get the best possible teammates, Korea can finish Top 3.

• I think Korea will definitely benefit from having back their starting sette Sa-Nee but they're very weak at the middle blocking and opposite position. I don't think Russia or Serbia will have any problems with them outside of containing Y.K. Kim.

• At the end of the match Peru-Colombia, Mauro Marasciulo Colombia NT coach, said that it will be good if Montaño plays in Brazil at Superliga because she's been playing 3 years in Korea.
    I think he will do something and Montaño will play at Superliga. I'm pretty sure.

• I think Korea will definitely benefit from having back their starting sette Sa-Nee but they're very weak at the middle blocking and opposite position. I don't think Russia or Serbia will have any problems with them outside of containing Y.K. Kim.

I think Korea has a decent chance more because Serbia right now is pretty weak, rather than Korea is strong. When Nikolic and Popovic is out, Molnar and Brakocevic totally out of shape, I think they are vulnarble for a team like Korea that has a so decisive player like Kim. But obviously Serbia has a good chance too, would be stupid to say something else.