Brazilian Superliga 2010/11

• PLAYOFFS!!

SESI São Paulo VS Medley Campinas (Murilo Endres, Sidão, Serginho, Wallace Jansen, T. Alves VS André Heller, A. Lukianetz, T. Gelinski)
    Cimed Florianópolis VS Vôlei Futuro Araçatuba (Bruninho, Éder, Jardel VS Ricardinho, Leandro Vissotto, Lucão, Mário Jr, Camejo) :cheesy:
    Sada Cruzeiro VS Pinheiros Sky (Wallace, Douglas Cordeiro, Ceola VS Giba, Gustavo Endres, Aureliano)
    BMG Montes Claros VS VIVO Minas (Salsa, Manius VS André Nascimento, Russel Holmes)

:woohoo:

• Playoffs in our league already started. Those are the results for the first round:

Sesi (1°) 3 x 1 Medley (8°) (19/25, 25/23, 25/22 e 25/15)
    Cimed (2°) 1 x 3 Vôlei Futuro (7°) (25/23, 21/25, 20/25 e 22/25)
    Sada (3°) 3 x 1 Pinheiros (6°) (25/14, 21/25, 25/18 e 25/21)
    Montes Claros (4°) 1 x 3 Minas (5°) (25/23, 20/25, 23/25 e 20/25)

Some of these results are pretty exciting, regardless of the team you support. Vôlei Futuro played their best game in the season to beat hot favorite, 4 times champion (3 in a row) Cimed, in Florianópolis. It's an upset, but I still think Cimed is gonna recover and qualify to the semis. I still think they're the team to beat.

Sesi and Sada won at home, as expected. Sesi has a good chance to close the series in the next match. In theory, Sada could too, cause Pinheiros relies way too much on their individual stars. Pinheiros is not a very good team, as a whole. Sada, by the other hand, is IMO the best "collective team" of this championship. However, sometimes they struggle a bit. They have an amazing setter (William Arjona), that plays with high speed, but their OH's are short and their opposite, Wallace, is a good promise, but still not completely developped. He needs to mature a bit. Maybe Pinheiros can force the 3rd match.

The other series, though it is supposed to be the most balanced, I think maybe will end in the 2nd match. It is REALLY hard to beat Montes Claros at their home and Minas achieved that in the first match of the series. Minas is the most improved team of the league. They started the championship very inconsistent and during the 2nd part of the regular phase, they progressed tremendously. IMO, Marcelo Fronckowiak, Mina's coach, is the best coach of the league, cause he doesn't have the best players, but he managed to transform those guys into a very good team. I think Minas has a good shot to close the series in the 2nd match. Montes Claros, this year, though very dangerous, is not as good as they were last year. They lack the fire power they had with Lorena, who's playing in Italy this year (in San Giustino).

I personally think it would be really cool if the finalists from this year were Minas and Sada. Not just because the final match will be played at their home state (Minas Gerais), but because I think those teams are very nice to watch. One is the most technical of the league, the one that has achieved the better defensive system. The other is the one that plays with a lot of heart, a lot of drive and is being able to surpass their limitations. Both teams do not have that much shining individuals, but are awesome collectively.

I don't think that's very likely to happen, though. But I do think that if Minas advances to the semifinal, they have a solid chance to beat Sesi (who's probably the one team that has the better odds to move on to that phase today).

• Playoffs in our league already started. Those are the results for the first round:

Sesi (1°) 3 x 1 Medley (8°) (19/25, 25/23, 25/22 e 25/15)
    Cimed (2°) 1 x 3 Vôlei Futuro (7°) (25/23, 21/25, 20/25 e 22/25)
    Sada (3°) 3 x 1 Pinheiros (6°) (25/14, 21/25, 25/18 e 25/21)
    Montes Claros (4°) 1 x 3 Minas (5°) (25/23, 20/25, 23/25 e 20/25)

and 2nd round
    Medley - Sesi 0:3 (17:25, 24:26, 24:26) (0:2) stats
    Vôlei Futuro - Cimed 3:0 (25:23, 25:17, 25:21) (2:0) stats
    Pinheiros - Sada 1:3 (28:30, 25:22, 23:25, 26:28 ) (0:2) stats
    Minas - Montes Claros 3:2 (32:30, 24:26, 25:20, 22:25, 15:12) (2:0) stats

• Semifinals (best of 3)
    Sesi - Minas 2:3 (25:16, 19:25, 25:21, 23:25, 11:15) (0:1) stats
    Minas - Sesi 1:3 (25:20, 13:25, 18:25, 18:25) (1:1) stats
    Sesi - Minas 8.04.2011

Sada - Vôlei Vôlei Futuro 3:2 (25:20, 25:22, 23:25, 23:25, 15:9) (1:0) stats
    Vôlei Futuro - Sada 15.04.2011

• SESI-SP management really sucks. I called to their office last Friday to ask for tickets for the final game of the semi Play-off with Minas. They told me that the ticket will be given free on Thursday at the gymnasium starting 6pm and no reservation is allowed. So I went there yesterday, I arrived before 5pm and there was already a line, I think I was on the 70th person on the line. Then they told us that they will only be giving tickets for 50 persons. Because 700 of the tickets were already reserved for SESI managers and directors. That totally pissed me off. It would have been OK to find out that I couldn't get tickets because all the fans already bought or if there is atleast 800 people who arrived earlier than me in the gym but NO it was reserved by managers and directors. Before, I thought SESI is cool but I think I will be cheering for Minas then. The SESI management should have known how to pay respect to the fans.

• Yeah I heard about that history from SESI, indeed ridiculous....how come the supporters can not go to the game, its incredible what some teams can do, a lot of lack of organization....something like that do not exist.

• Yes what SESI did is indeed ridiculous. I talked to an old lady who was there at 4pm she said she took a 1 1/2 hour bus just to get to the gym and she also wasn't able to get any tickets. To add more insult to the injury, after a while SESI posted a tweet on their twitter account asking for apology because they didn't expect that much people for the tickets distribution. But there were only about 150 people in the gym that time, they should have given the tickets first to all the people who spent their time and money to go to the gym to get tickets and then give the rest to their rich managers and directors and their families.

• SADA Cruzeiro won today the third match of semifinal against Volei Futuro, by 3x0, and advanced to final. The MB Douglas Cordeiro was elected teh best of the match.

They played really well, gave no chances to Volei Futuro.

The final will be played in one game 24/04 in Mineirinho gym, in Belo Horizonte (MG), between SESI and SADA Cruzeiro.

• In the semi that was played between Sesi and Minas, I was rooting for Minas, cause they're the team that improved the most during the League. That had a really good shot to make it, since they won the first match in São Paulo. Too bad they couldn't carry the momentum and played a really bad game in BH. Sesi, as a very experienced team, took advantage of that in the third match, even if they couldn't count on Murilo being physically 100%. I really hope Murilo gets to rest after the end of the tournament, cause the guy's been on threatening non-stop these last months.

One of the good surprises to come out of this League this year is Minas's OH Luiz Felipe (Chupita). Though his reception still needs to improve a lot, he's clearly a monster in attack, his fast pipes are almost invincible. I strongly hope Bernardo gives him a chance in NT. At this point, I think he could be our 4th OH in NT. Unfortunately, Minas greatest stars couldn't play very well in the last games - Marlon and André Nascimento.

The other semi was more balanced, I feel. I actually like both teams, so regardless of which one would have made it, I'd be ok with it. I actually thought Vôlei Futuro would have edge, as they were riding high, after beating Cimed in the quarters. But Sada is a really good team. You can't help but admire the amazing work that coach Marcelo Mendez have done with those guys. Setter William Arjona is at the best shape of his career. (I can't stop being amazed at how much really really great setters we have at this point. There's like 6 or 7 setters that could be in NT.) Opposite Wallace Souza, from Sada, has amazing potential to become one of the best opposites in the world. I still think he's green. He's not all the way there yet, needs to be more consistent, but you can't deny he's a force to be reckoned with.

But, really, Sada is the most collective team of our League. For that alone, I think they deserve to become champions. I hope they do. It's not gonna be easy, though. Sesi's players, though having quarreled with injuries all throughout the season, are real fighters. I think it's gonna be a really cool final to watch. Let's hope at least somewhat more exciting than last year's final.

• SESI 3x1 SADA Cruzeiro (25/19, 19/25, 27/25, 25/17)

Giovanni is the first Brasilian NT player to win the Superliga as player and as coach.

Serginho is really emotional at the end of teh match, he said last year was really hard for him cause of his back. He could not even able to put his shoes on. He is not playing with 4 screws in his back. It is the first time that him and Murilo are champions of Brasilian league.

I think Vini and Wallace were the best players in this final for SESI. Wallace was the biggest scorer, and Vini did amazing in block. Maybe the second set was decisive, cause Cruzeiro was a little bit shacked in the fourth, let SESI open a lot in the beggining of it, still tried to catch uo, but was to late.

Anyway, congratulations for both teams! ^^

• BEST PLAYERS AWARDS:

Best Service: Sidão (SESI)
    Best Spiker: Wallace (SESI)
    Best Blocker: Acácio (SADA)
    Best Reciever: Murilo (SESI) - Jaqueline deliver the award to Murilo
    Best Defense: Serginho (SESI)
    Best Setter: William (SADA)

MVP of the Final: Murilo (SESI) - Murilo then gave the award to Vini Really cool of him, cause indeed Vini played a lot.