How did YOU play?

• Yeah no the other profile picture was me, this is one of the most famous volleyball players in Dutch history: Ron Zwerver. I have dark blonde hair, in summer it is blonder than in winter.

Thanx for the compliment, Bartman is the shit :)

• What is the name of Your Club?

• De Spuyt from Amsterdam, hardly anyone in Holland knows it. I'm in our first team.

• Okay, well here's the long awaited video of my game :) In doesn't featue my famous all out jump serve though, only a held back variant.

I'm the guy with 89, doing most of the hitting in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OdqxCXMcfk

Anyone have anything to say about my game / style of play?

• HeelMooi, you have talent to write. I am serious about it

• Thanx RayLight, that's a very nice compliment.

So this saturday we played the number one in our poule. We lost 4-0, but each set was pretty close this time. It wasn't a very good match, both sides mades lots of mistakes and most points came form service aces, or so it seemed. They other team's best player has a really good jump serve and so do I and we kind of have some sort of mutual respect / rivalry going on. In the beginning of the match I defended two of his spikes, but then he hit one so hard that I didn't even have time to move my arms and it just hit my knee sending it off into the distance. Next rally I finish with an equally powerful cross court spike on that same player :) after which I exclaim "I can do that too" :P Played alright in reception, good in serve (had a lot of series on my jump serve again), but pretty bad in attack. I actually felt like my attack was in good shape, but kept hitting my spikes wide :( Especially from the right side. I need to pay attention to staying behind the ball a little again. Then in the final set I hit three really good spikes in a row, but they were ALL defended; I've never had that happen before, so that was new.

Sunday I played a beach volleyball tournament. Won the first 3 matches, which included two wins against men's teams (I played with a girl), but then in the stronger bracket we lost our two matches. I played well though. Good power attack and good shots. Also I'm getting better at coming back from behind through use of my jump serve (Matej style :P).

I also get sick of playing so much volleyball though. Like I love it, but I get sick of loving it so much. Every time you step on court you have to prove that you're a good player; it's never enough. Or well sometimes there's rare moments when I really don't care... and that's always when you play your best, which when you objectify it, leads to you caring again :S

• Thanx RayLight, that's a very nice compliment.

I also get sick of playing so much volleyball though. Like I love it, but I get sick of loving it so much. Every time you step on court you have to prove that you're a good player; it's never enough. Or well sometimes there's rare moments when I really don't care... and that's always when you play your best, which when you objectify it, leads to you caring again :S

The principle of the system and its feedback :)

• I also get sick of playing so much volleyball though. Like I love it, but I get sick of loving it so much.

Maybe because in a beach volleyball You play still with the same Girl so You still see the same buttocks 8)

• Yesterday we won both our matches 2:0, in the 2d set against Salonit Anhovo we we're 17-9 behind, and then i scored 8 aces on serve, to tie at 18-18, in the end we won the set 25-23, and the match 2:0. So with 2 matches to go, we are 1st in our group with 7 wins and 1 loss, and we only need one more set to be sure to advance to the final4 of the national youth championships. We will play our last 2 matches this sunday, against Calcit Volleyball Kamnik, and Marchiol Vodi Prvačina! :)
    And here are some pictures of our team:

• You got 8 aces too? Aweomse :) I guess things like that make it less of a team sport, but it's still cool :)

Nice pictures, this is turning into a pretty cool thread like this.

I'm sure you guys will do good in the F4. Will play other teams in it? From farther away I mean?

Bartek: I didn't see it was you, but when I read what you wrote, i could guess that it was you who wrote it :P

Raylight: Never heard of that principle, but it's a good way to put it.

• Well the system is like this:
    The "A" league is divided into two groups (West, East), and each consists out of 6 teams. The top 2 teams of each group then qualify for the Final4, and the semifinals are played like this: 1-2; 2-1.

• Right so definitely one and potentially two games will be against new opponents, which you haven't played in the league yet.

Played a great game on Tuesday! We won 3-1 against a low ranked team, but still (we lost 3 games in a row). Set we lost was 32-30. In my reception I got xprrT like percentages (around 80% excellent I would say). Jumpt serve was good, not excellent.. got a few series and not many mistakes. Had a monster game in attack though :) I think in total (plus block and serve) I must've been near 20 points.

Their block wasn't amazing as I scored a lot of points by just powering high into the corner of the court. At the beginning of the match I hit a few balls wide still, but at the end I felt as though I was nicely aligned behind the ball and could make some sharp cross court angles again. After the match the opponent asked me to come play for their club (same club as last time) and complimented me on being able to pass the two man block by hitting really cross court spikes. Also went over the block a few times and hit one spike via the blocked well across the court next to ours :)

As always I'll finish with some modesty. For now I have played a great match and it's everything I've been working towards for the last 16 years of playing volleyball, yet what do you do with it? What do you gain? I think about it for a while, which generates pleasure, which makes me lose modesty and gain arrogance and then the memory becomes more vague every day. Next time I will have to forget all about it, for if I compare my next game to memory, I will play badly.

On the other hand; my girlfriend was really proud of me! :)

• Correct! :) But ofcourse we wont be happy with one won set on sunday, we will definetly try to win both matches, so we can finnish 1st in our group so then we will play the 2d ranked team from the other group in the semi-final, although we've been told the other group isnt that good, but sometimes being the "favourite" is only a dissatvantage...

• Not the best weekend for me to be honest...
    In the first match against Calcit Volleyball we were leading 1:0 and 14:11, when I got injured. I was blocking the opposing attacker, who lander on our side, and I stepped on his foot, and was unable to play further...
    We ended up loosing the match 2:1, lost against Marchiol Vodi Prvačina 2:1 as well, but we still managed to qualify for the Final4 as the 2d team in the group.
    Today I went to a kiropractican, but he told me that he isnt too confident its only a sprain, so he didn't do any work on my ankle, and sent me to the doctor to do an x-ray, which reveiled that my ankle is broken... So now I need to have a plaster for 3 weeks, then 1 week of Physiotherapy, and then I can start training slowly, with a special program, I will be able to train with the team in about 5-6 weeks, and the Final4 will be on the 8.5.2011, so I hope I will be able to get back in form, as for the senior season, its bassicly over for me, I will only be able to play in the last 2 rounds...

• Not the best weekend for me to be honest...
    In the first match against Calcit Volleyball we were leading 1:0 and 14:11, when I got injured. I was blocking the opposing attacker, who lander on our side, and I stepped on his foot, and was unable to play further...
    We ended up loosing the match 2:1, lost against Marchiol Vodi Prvačina 2:1 as well, but we still managed to qualify for the Final4 as the 2d team in the group.
    Today I went to a kiropractican, but he told me that he isnt too confident its only a sprain, so he didn't do any work on my ankle, and sent me to the doctor to do an x-ray, which reveiled that my ankle is broken... So now I need to have a plaster for 3 weeks, then 1 week of Physiotherapy, and then I can start training slowly, with a special program, I will be able to train with the team in about 5-6 weeks, and the Final4 will be on the 8.5.2011, so I hope I will be able to get back in form, as for the senior season, its bassicly over for me, I will only be able to play in the last 2 rounds...

That sucks man. I've had my score of injuries too. Patience is the key word, don't start too early. Just see the rehabilitation as part of becoming a good athlete, because it definitely is part of it. Work at it as hard as you did at your sport :) It'll be alright. I was out once for 9 months with a knee ligament injury, but with patience I got it to be as good as ever, as you will :)

• Still nice work :P What kind of serve do you employ?

My team lost 3-1 to number 6 team, while I was skiing.

• Anyone have anything to say about my game / style of play?

Wow, really nice play, the game was quite fast and on good level, but all other things (like big mess in the sport centre and number of lines on the court) was disaster! Your team deserve for better conditions:)

• Wow, really nice play, the game was quite fast and on good level, but all other things (like big mess in the sport centre and number of lines on the court) was disaster! Your team deserve for better conditions:)

Good attacker ı)

İ prefer Jump serve...I am righty,but like to attack and serve mostly with left hand. And I am just 177!!!
    By the way I can be proud of that I attacked by the sets of legendary setter Paolo Tofoli,the coach of Scavolini Pesaro when they were in Baku!!!
    Martina Guiggi,Feretti and Usic liked my left hand attacks ;)