Germany - DVL 2010/11

• Yes I agree, and my experience as player is that reception is more than 50% a matter of concentration, so in Golden sets the teams with better nerves should have advantages.

Korobkova's attacks are amazing, she always finds a gap somewhere!

• Schwerin - Vilsbiburg 3:1 (25:20 / 24:26 / 25:14 / 25:19)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2010/Women/&2301.pdf

The level of the game was not really good, but both teams were fighting really hard, a lot of long rallies and great defenses on both sides. Everytime I watch Lenka Dürr I am impressed by her reactions!
    Mira Topic won 3rd and 4th set almost alone for Schwerin, I can't understand that Gallardo didn't nominate her as MVP (he chose Julia Retzlaff).
    Once again I am disappointed by Sarah Petrausch and Lena Möllers. They are world champions, considered great talents, but they simply don't improve :( Petrausch can't kill a ball to save her life, just block-outs and every once in a while a successful tip, but she never really HITS! I hope she watched Mira Topic closely today.

• @ Matthias

Didn't you say lately, Topic must leave Schwerin, like the other foreign OH, at the end of this season ?? Would be strange, if she performs so well..

• Well, what can i say other than Schwerin deserved to win this game. Schwerin didn´t really have much to do, ´cause Vilsbiburg´s reception was...well, was there any reception, anyway? Also blocking. There´s almost no blocking from Vilsbiburg.
    Vilsbiburg was on the up, playin´ very solid in the last couple matches, so i didn´t expect ´em to play the way, they played today. They made it really easy for Schwerin.
    Vilsbiburg can still win the semifinals, but tonight Schwerin was the better team, no doubt about it.

• @ Matthias

Didn't you say lately, Topic must leave Schwerin, like the other foreign OH, at the end of this season ?? Would be strange, if she performs so well..

No, I didn't say that ;) I think that either Topic or Adlerova will leave because the club signed Anne Buijs. Both have performed well this season, but unfortunately almost never both performed well in the same matches :D I'd like both to stay, both are among the best OHs in our league, but on the other hand certainly both also are among the most expensive players in our league...

• No, I didn't say that ;) I think that either Topic or Adlerova will leave because the club signed Anne Buijs. Both have performed well this season, but unfortunately almost never both performed well in the same matches :D I'd like both to stay, both are among the best OHs in our league, but on the other hand certainly both also are among the most expensive players in our league...

Sorry, I remembered wrong :D Well, I think Anne isn't expensive at all..she just wants to play in a stronger league and train two times a day (which wasn't the case in Belgium), to improve herself. In my opinion she is the most talented Dutch player since/after Manon Flier :teach: So maybe Schwerin could buy some extra young players!

• matthias, when will you post statistic? ;)

• They will be available at this link: http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2010/Women/&2301.pdf
    But I can't post them before they're online :D
    I wonder how many points Topic scored...in the first two sets she was not that great but in the last two really amazing.

ok, thank you :)

• And the sensation continues:
    Suhl - Dresden 3:2 (21:25 / 25:14 / 25:16 / 19:25 / 15:10)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2010/Women/&2302.pdf

I hope SatanClaus will tell more about the game. Looks like Suhl's OHs played very well today. What happened to Frieda Thieme, why didn't she play 5th set despite the good numbers?

what's happened with Dresden!?!? but it will be exciting play-offs round...
    recently Dresden can't win...so I don't know which team will be a champion... FUN to focus :-)

What happened to Frieda Thieme, why didn't she play 5th set despite the good numbers?

As far as i could see it, she collided with a teammate and pulled a muscle. Bad luck for Dresden, given the fact that she was one of their best receivers at this point.
    The game was mainly a defensive battle, and Ivana Ostojic had a great day, Vendula Merkova and Claudia Steger were in good shape too.
    First set was characterized by lots of errors on both sides. Dresden found their rhythm more quickly and gained the set. Second and third set, Suhl with good pressure from the service, some great blocks too. Dresden fought back in the 4th. Apitz with some strong services, 11 mistakes from Suhl, but also great defensive action from Dresden.
    Tiebreak - VfB with great start and kept the aggresiveness until the end. Almost no errors and that made it tough for Dresden to close the gap.
    Photo and video footage will follow soon. At least i hope so... :whistle:

• Me too ;) You guys are certainly more reliable than CPM :D

Maybe CPM was sabotaged by the magenta giant? ;)

Here are the pictures taken at the game yesterday: Gallery
    The video will take a while to process, because we're dealing with some problems with the audio stream. We definetly need a "real" camera...

• Maybe CPM was just too lazy to broadcast 4 matches within 6 days :roll: The "missing wires" excuse is so obviously stupid...

Considering that you don't use a "real" camera your videos are very good, I always enjoy watching them, it gives a good feeling of the atmosphere in the hall and also a good impression of the match even when it shows just some parts.