European League 2011

• Can you tell me who plays in Slovakia now?

Masny, Sopko, Kmet, Divis, Zatko, Hupka, Ondrousek, Chrtiansky. They played a match against Romania, which Slovakia won 3:0.
    No brilliant Martin Nemec this year :(

• Masny, Sopko, Kmet, Divis, Zatko, Hupka, Ondrousek, Chrtiansky. They played a match against Romania, which Slovakia won 3:0.

I am not surprised. Masny is a first-class setter and what about Sopko & Divis I personally know what they are capable of :whistle:

• Slovakia is actually a really solid team, we can't ignore them. We had some tough battles against them :)

• Masny, Sopko, Kmet, Divis, Zatko, Hupka, Ondrousek, Chrtiansky. They played a match against Romania, which Slovakia won 3:0.

dont worry, Nemec will be there this year, he had broken finger, is alerady on the training camp but he is not in form already :)

• although im not a big fan of our volleyball :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: , congrats !

• congrats Slovakia
    I was a bit dissapointed that the hall was not full, though :whistle:
    but I guess volleyball is not that popular in Slovakia yet.

nadejda, i was surprised that there was so MANY people in Kosice... :lol: :lol: but its a big gym in Kosice, for 10 000 people and that would be miracle if 10 000 will come ..volleyball is absolutely not popular in my country...on the league matches there are going only another players, relatives and friends - im speaking about Bratislava, in the east Slovakia there have a good fanclubs in Humenne and Svidnik

• nadejda, i was surprised that there was so MANY people in Kosice... :lol: :lol: but its a big gym in Kosice, for 10 000 people and that would be miracle if 10 000 will come ..volleyball is absolutely not popular in my country...on the league matches there are going only another players, relatives and friends - im speaking about Bratislava, in the east Slovakia there have a good fanclubs in Humenne and Svidnik

Oops, sorry, I've juste read there were 4000 spectators in the hall :thumbsup: not bad, just didn't realise how big the hall is!

• nadejda, i was surprised that there was so MANY people in Kosice... :lol: :lol: but its a big gym in Kosice, for 10 000 people and that would be miracle if 10 000 will come ..volleyball is absolutely not popular in my country...on the league matches there are going only another players, relatives and friends - im speaking about Bratislava, in the east Slovakia there have a good fanclubs in Humenne and Svidnik

I don't really know how popular volleyball in Slovakia is, but in the annual European university tournaments I was participating there were always 2-3 Slovakian teams, which made some decent results and left me with the impression that a lot of young people play volleyball there. I also think the level of Slovakian volleyball is nice, so I am not surprised at all to seem them winning the EL this year, I've been following their team and it was about time this happened! Especially on home soil :)

• Oops, sorry, I've juste read there were 4000 spectators in the hall :thumbsup: not bad, just didn't realise how big the hall is!

yes its the hall for hockey, where this year were WCH ..but i think that 4000 is not true, they always make the number higher :lol: about 3500 maybe...and the capacity of the hall is 8300, not 10000 sorry

• I don't really know how popular volleyball in Slovakia is, but in the annual European university tournaments I was participating there were always 2-3 Slovakian teams, which made some decent results and left me with the impression that a lot of young people play volleyball there. I also think the level of Slovakian volleyball is nice, so I am not surprised at all to seem them winning the EL this year, I've been following their team and it was about time this happened! Especially on home soil :)

hm, and which team you played against or dont you remember? :) yes quite many people play volleyball, but in slov. popular is hockey, football, tennis, basketball (which is in big trouble now), handball and volley is only after them...and the level of our league is not that high and if you want to play volley profesionally, you need to go abroad...on really quite profesional level there are 2-3 teams in mens category and 2 in womens

• hm, and which team you played against or dont you remember? :) yes quite many people play volleyball, but in slov. popular is hockey, football, tennis, basketball (which is in big trouble now), handball and volley is only after them...and the level of our league is not that high and if you want to play volley profesionally, you need to go abroad...on really quite profesional level there are 2-3 teams in mens category and 2 in womens

of course I remember ;) We played the first year (my first university year, 2007) against Commenius Bratislava, we we re just getting to know each other then, with only 4-5 practices, we lost 0-2. The next year (2008 ) we played against University of Economics Bratislava, we beat them 2-0 (despite being the underdogs then) and reached the quarterfinals ;) The Economics Uni in Bratislava is traditionally strong, or at least they used to be back then.

I know there are almost no good professional men's teams in Slovakia, that's an issue, but you have a good NT because of all the players going abroad. I still think they are doing a great job, besides Slovakians have never had problems playing in Poland, for example, which is a perfect stage for your best players :)

• of course I remember ;) We played the first year (my first university year, 2007) against Commenius Bratislava, we we re just getting to know each other then, with only 4-5 practices, we lost 0-2. The next year (2008 ) we played against University of Economics Bratislava, we beat them 2-0 (despite being the underdogs then) and reached the quarterfinals ;) The Economics Uni in Bratislava is traditionally strong, or at least they used to be back then.

I know there are almost no good professional men's teams in Slovakia, that's an issue, but you have a good NT because of all the players going abroad. I still think they are doing a great job, besides Slovakians have never had problems playing in Poland, for example, which is a perfect stage for your best players :)

hehe Commenius (my alma mater :P ) ...and i guess you played against some roster of the whole university, not only faculties? because in Bratislava there is an Academic league in which faculties of Commenius, Technic and economic universities play...but i didnt saw any match, i just played few times with boys from our faculty team, so i cant tell you if economics are still good ;)
    now many players are playing in the czech league, which is also stronger than ours, but yes without players going abroad we didnt had so good NT team