Polish NT 2011

• That was Piotr! :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Are there some news from the Polish team? Are they ready for tomorrow, great will to win the cup maybe? :whistle:
    Are we gonna see Zagumny as a starter this time?

Pesho is priceless :roll: :heart:

Just good news :D

Our guys have a really great attitude from the beginning of this tournament, they still strongly believe that we can won this WC.
    They all said that it's a real shame that we lost against Brazil, 'cause we were so close, but they still have a positive attitude before tomorrow's match.
    Winiar said that we're gonna play without any tension or pressure for a 3 pts victory. :drink:

• Btw, latest news from Travica:

After the match you had a little quarrel at the net with our players. Can you explain what it was about?

There were some bad words from their side. This is sport, and it is known that after such a match there can be some tension about some things, but you have to be a man above all.

:what:

• Mmmm, Kubiak, my little instigator :D

• Sounds like he was totally innocent :rolll: :rolll: Drago is so hilarious- 'You have to be a man above all' ;( Admirable.

• My mum wants Nowakowski to be my husband. I want it, too :rose: :lol: :lol:

:lol: After that words I feel that we will be kicked into our sweet tread sooner than we expect :lol:

Our guys have a really great attitude from the beginning of this tournament, they still strongly believe that we can won this WC.
    They all said that it's a real shame that we lost against Brazil, 'cause we were so close, but they still have a positive attitude before tomorrow's match.
    Winiar said that we're gonna play without any tension or pressure for a 3 pts victory. :drink:

+ Zibi added in his seventh part of ZIBI CAM (which finally appeared today), laying in his bed (I guess he wasn't able to speak to us it sitting :lol: ) that guys are extremely tired, they're only able to still stand and walk thanks to our fantastic medical staff, they won't have time to do some training tomorrow. And the best part was when Zibi said with such a joy that they'll fight for a cup tomorrow, they like to play with Russians so it will be a piece of really good volleyball and he asked fans to wake up to watch a match and support. Oh, and in the end he was sorry that he hadn't any special guest but they'll be back tomorrow with nice videos full of tomfoolery :D

• Nice joke but the truth is that Kubiak was coming to Andrea(s) to give them a hug and then he heard some words behind so he turned back to react. It was clear to see. Winiar said that him and his teammates said to each other before yesterday's match that if Italians start to "freakin' out" after the game, they will react "properly" and even make the atmosphere hotter :D So I guess that our guys were pretty sure that "friendly" meeting with Italians at the net was inevitable :D

• Nice joke but the truth is that Kubiak was coming to Andrea(s) to give them a hug and then he heard some words behind so he turned back to react. It was clear to see. Winiar said that him and his teammates said to each other before yesterday's match that if Italians start to "freakin' out" after the game, they will react "properly" and even make the atmosphere hotter :D So I guess that our guys were pretty sure that "friendly" meeting with Italians at the net was inevitable :D

Sure, that's why Dragan sounds at least funny. I have also seen this situation, and it was just like you said. It was Travica who unleashed this little quarrel. I knew they won't leave it like that :D We're always first to fight :D ahaha

• My mum wants Nowakowski to be my husband. I want it, too :rose: :lol: :lol:

May I be the best man? :rolll:

That's great, they really have no reason to be nervous for tomorrow, cause they already did what they had to :win:

btw, damn, I'm sooo sleepy that reading your post I initially took the abbreviation WC with the other meaning and almost waked up :aww: "What, what they wanna win?!"" :lol:

:what:
    I thought that Trevica was the provoker (and I still think it actually :P )

Zibi added in his seventh part of ZIBI CAM (which finally appeared today), laying in his bed (I guess he wasn't able to speak to us it sitting :lol: ) that guys are extremely tired, they're only able to still stand and walk thanks to our fantastic medical staff, they won't have time to do some training tomorrow. And the best part was when Zibi said with such a joy that they'll fight for a cup tomorrow, they like to play with Russians so it will be a piece of really good volleyball and he asked fans to wake up to watch a match and support. Oh, and in the end he was sorry that he hadn't any special guest but they'll be back tomorrow with nice videos full of tomfoolery :D

Yeah ,the guy was sooo tired as he hints in the CAM - that's why he couldn't even sit and had to lie :( But in such a situation I would be more worried if he had a special guest, better not :D

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Some words after WC, Zbigniew talking:

We are all in good moods, for sure. I hope that not only a small group of people from Tokio is gladden, but whole Poland, because we won the olympic qualification. Too bad we lost against Brazil, but we're trying to find positives in everything.
    We have qualification, and besides that Italians won't enter the OG from this tournament, and we are terribly happy because of that.

Nasty boys!!! :rolll: :heart:

• http://sport.onet.pl/siatkowka…93,fotoreportaz-duzy.html

Our guys are finally home :) They look so happy...and tired :D Too bad they won't have any rest, at least not my guys, Lorenzo missed them a lot ;)

Second picture with Andrea and Zibi is unbelievably lovely ^^

Where is Igła? Did he jump with a parachute in Rzeszow or what? :huh:

Some words after WC, Zbigniew talking:

We are all in good moods, for sure. I hope that not only a small group of people from Tokio is gladden, but whole Poland, because we won the olympic qualification. Too bad we lost against Brazil, but we're trying to find positives in everything.
    We have qualification, and besides that Italians won't enter the OG from this tournament, and we are terribly happy because of that.

Nasty boys!!! :rolll: :heart:

Yeah, he already said sth like that in ZIBI CAM part 7. ("okrutnie szczęśliwi" i ta bezcenna mina :lol: )

• Nice interview with Andrea! Enjoy!

This year Poland achieved 3 medals of huge events, but in 2010 we reached just 13th place on WCh and 10th in WL. You made a miracle?

Those were a crazy months, but I wouldn't call it a mircale.

So maybe you had just a fluke?

Don't piss me off! If we would hace achieved one medal, then alright, luck helped us. We have shut mouth of everyone who was taking away our joy of winning.

What is the secret of success?

It lies in the fact that you have players who want to fight for the flag. I also felt that being the coach of white-and-reds is something more than a job. Together with the team, we represent people who have fought in 'Solidarność' and contributed to the collapse of communism. I am proud that I came to a country, which has such a rich history and know how to fight to a finish. Just like my team.

Is it enought to achieve gold medals in London?

It's enough to fight with the best. However I have the impression that we still need to improve a lot of things, to stand on the podium of OG.
    Podium is our goal and I can already say today that we're going on OG for medal. However we don't think about gold. I appeal for a little common sense.

The worst is already behind us? World Cup is supposedly tougher than Olympics.

First stage of Olympics can and probably will be easier than killing World Cup, but since the quaterfinal, the fight to the death will start. The secret to success in London will be reaching the quaters with maxiumum exengry, motivation and willingness to fight in a good physical shape. I know this secret and I'll try to use it.

Do you alerady have the dream squad for the tournament in London?

I'm not a fool, I won't say now, that I have the squad for London. I will take those, who will be needed the most and will be in the best disposition. Only the good of the team counts for me, not individuals.

Will you take Mariusz Wlazły?

I'm not closing the door in front of anybody. This is the only right rule.

When the operation London starts?

It has already started, because I had some problems with sleeping lately. I have prepared the initial plan after the match against Brazil. When I sent it to my colleagues before the match against Russia, they said I was crazy. And I just couldn't sleep, I was filled with pride and joy so much. Moreover I still have problems with sleeping, because after coming back to Warsaw, instead of resting, I cleaned the flat...

Some people say that you are the only leader of this team. Do you feel like that?

I don't know if I'm the only leader. Of course I realise that my job is important. I don't think I'm a dominator, because between me and guys there is understanding, we trust ourselves. Besides that, we have Bartek Kurek.

He is the leader?

The most important link of the team, for sure. He didn't play perfectly in Japan, because earlier he was fighting with an injury and generally for a trip. World Cup has shown that white-and-reds can count on him. In addition, he's not avid for indivudual awards. He was fighting for London not for awards for the best spiker or scorer. I'm proud of him.

We are also proud of advancing on OG, but there is still the end of the tournament and this unfortunate defeats against Brazil and Russia.

These volleyball miracles, because it must be called like that, were due to the hardships of the World Cup. Only those who were in Japan, know what I mean. It was a real dudgery.

Match against Italy was weird as well. We were losing 0:2, but managed to win.

Coming to Tokio, we felt a huge pressure. We still could have lost our tickets to London and it seemed to be real. The key was the match against Italy. It started badly for us, throughout first two sets we were not recieving. Then I changed the strategy and used my substitutors. Michał Ruciak started to recieve brilliantly, and with such reception we could face the Italians. Rivals got lost, the were devastated. I knew we will win in tiebreak.

What about Brazil? You were leading 2:0 in sets and 13:8 in 3rd...

Think about what this match meant to us. We needed a point to go on the Olympics. And we started perfectly. The first set was unbelievable! Unfortunately we were gradually losing our energy, concetration. However, I know what was the result of it. Throughout all days we were thinking about advancement only. When it has been already guaranteed, it was difficult to start thinking about something else.

What about tiebreak against Russia? We were leading 14:9!

I cannot be happy, because we didn't take our chances, but let's not forget that in the end we took the 2nd place. Besides that, we fought. I will say like that: we needed the last two matches just to get a point. And that's it.

Or maybe we should hunt our an agreement? With Brazil?

There was no agreement, it's a nonsense! Neither with Italians, nor with Brazillians. What would we give to Brazillians? Advancement? It's ridiculous, because they would advance to London from continental tournament. European teams will have some problems. That's why we were thinking only about ourselves.

You were also thinking only about Poland, if you contributed to Italy's loss, NT of your motherland?

I realise that our victory over Italy isn't beneficial for my homeland. I have read in the Internet the Italian media, and they were interested in Mauro Berruto's team, not Anastasi. I'm not the first anyway. What Giovanni Guidetti, coach of German female NT should say?, who has beaten Italians in semifinal of latest ECh.
    That is the way Italian coach's life, who works outside his country is. And I love working in Poland. I hope when we play against Italy again, even on the Olympics, we will win!

You will be the public enemy in your country?

No, because Italians don't have any problem with me. I think they have respect for me, I was playing for my country for many years and later led them to medals as a coach. I deserve respect.

After winning against Italy, there were some scuffles. This won't spoil your realations in Italy?

There was a huge pressure in Japan. I didn't like these whole scuffles at the net. We should have lots of respect for each other, both players and coaches. Unfortunately too many words were said, there were some tension, and then the emotions prevailed.

You are the first coach since years, who having Paweł Zagumny doesn't make him a basic setter of NT.

Łukasz Żygadło has been with me whole season and got to know my strategy of the game. In some moments I decided that he will execute it better. In the following season, when we have more time to work together with Paweł, this barrier will disappear.

What Michał Winiarski's come back brought to this team?

He played brilliantly in this tournament, because he is incredibly creative player. He brings balance to the team. He has unbelievable technique, which distinguishes him from the rest. I think he will do even better, because this season he just came back to his health. But World Cup showed that we have anoter key player for London 2012.

• Great interview, I've read it earlier, but I did it again :lol:
    I know, that Andrea doesn't feel it like we are, but he made a huge success for polish volleyball. We waited for it maybe not so long, but whole 2010's year and a part of 2011. It's really impressive, when you're looking at podiums of all the most important tournaments this year and everywhere you can see Poland. I can't stop think about our guys sometimes, I'm addicted! :cheesy:

But THIS is totally crushing!
    http://mistrzowie.org/370403

In english, Wlazly said:
    -Knock, knock.
    -Who's there?
    - Not Italy for sure!
    And then some guy answered:
    -Knock, knock.
    -Who's going on Olympic Games?
    -Not Wlazy for sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Andrea and "Don't piss me off!" :lol: No words can describe how much I love this man! I already had a good premonition when I heard for the first time he is our new coach. And I wasn't wrong at all. Now I feel like after WCh 2006 and ECh 2009. Priceless.

It's so cruel!
    I hope that everything change in 180 degrees and Mariusz in a good atmosphere will be back in NT. It will be difficult to forget what was happening around this guy but I hope we can at least try to forget.

• Very interesting interview. We know a lot of secret from it!

Obviously Anastasi offered the best to welcome Wlazly's back. Is anyone still waiting for Wlazly's reply?

Giovanni is too innocent to be Anastasi's excuse. I'm wondering how is Giovanni and Andrea going, are they also friends?

• Obviously Anastasi offered the best to welcome Wlazly's back. Is anyone still waiting for Wlazly's reply?

I'm waiting! :D And I will be waiting no matter how hopeless the situation is. Wlazły in the roster can make the big difference just like having Zagumny and Winiarski back.

Btw I've just read nice interview with our hero Captain Planet.
    http://aktualnosci.siatka.org/…anse-na-wygranie-turnieju

At the end of the tournament I had the impression that, despite the tiredness you have been on the court to fight for the blocks and win in this classification.
    - It was in the match against Russia. Then coach even took me off the court for a while in the third set, but later he told me to stay to the end to win this award.

After each of your block the joy in the team was so great like you'd have won the match.
    - Then it was just about it. The whole team fought for my award, for which I thank my teammates. For the first time in my career happened to me a match like that.

How much I love such attitude in our team when every single guy would jump into the fire for his teammates. When everybody help each other. When they are just like the one big family. :roll:

• ^ This what team is all about. Proud of such attitude and waiting for more.

As Martee and Aga said, Andrea revealed some interesting things. I always enjoy this man talking, interviews with him are always fun to read/listen to and translate of course! That's why I decided to translate it, 'cause it was a pleasure and a lot of nice things were mentioned here. Although reading it now, I've noticed that I made some silly mistakes, sorry but I'm again terribly sick and I feel like my head is about to explode in a second.

About Wlazły topic...still no changes, my attitude hasn't changed...now let's just see what's gonna happen next year.

'Change is come. Keep your dignity' :whistle: Donnu why, just because.

• Following the link Bella provided, I found another news saying Seba is injured again and to absent at least for one month.
    Damn, when can we meet him next time. :(

• Following the link Bella provided, I found another news saying Seba is injured again and to absent at least for one month.
    Damn, when can we meet him next time. :(

Yes, I wrote about in PlusLiga thread. Awful news. I started to be happy that I'll see again Seba and Jurek but unfortunately Sebastian is out ;(

A few minutes ago I watched League magazine on tv where Wanio spoke with Magiera. I watched another nice interview with Andrea who told something more about WC, about tiredness in the end of this tournament, how it looked from the inside. Andrea said that in the last match with Russians Misiek Winiarski was extremely exhausted that's why he put him on the bench and Winiar was thankful for that 'cause he just wasn't able to play anymore. Andrea said also a few words about match with Brazilians that after scoring this one missing point all guys looked at him telling: "Coach, we've got it!". And he was proud of them 'cause they kept playing. The thing is that Brazilians started to play much better and that's why we lost the match.
    Of course, Olympic Games is the hottest topic now. I was surprised in nice way 'cause Andrea mentioned about Grześ Kosok, that he don't know how it will look like but he want him back in NT. He said that Kosok was for such a long time with the team this year and he liked his strong mentality. So I guess that Andrea is gonna have a HUGE problem if it comes to middles :P I wish we could have more such "problems" ;)

• Zibi told something interesting in this video. It's hard to believe he was not into beach volleyball but for fun. From this side, Kubiak seems more hardworking than him. And the "working hard" part, his tone when saying "we should keep walking, walking... working hard" is so familiar because I always have such difficulty too. :lol:
    But, am I taking him wrong, or he just missed Kurek in his talk about best outside hitters?

Edit: I got it, he said one of the best outside hitters Winiarski. Kubiak is also a great player. I think this video was shot on the first day when Kurek still couldn't play.
    It's very weird, I have seen for very little times that Zibi and Bartek mentioned each other or communicated together. They were in one position and they were supposed to talk alot.