Polish NT 2011

• Zibi told something interesting in this video. It's hard to believe he was not into beach volleyball but for fun. From this side, Kubiak seems more hardworking than him. And the "working hard" part, his tone when saying "we should keep walking, walking... working hard" is so familiar because I always have such difficulty too. :lol:
    But, am I taking him wrong, or he just missed Kurek in his talk about best outside hitters?

Edit: I got it, he said one of the best outside hitters Winiarski. Kubiak is also a great player. I think this video was shot on the first day when Kurek still couldn't play.
    It's very weird, I have seen for very little times that Zibi and Bartek mentioned each other or communicated together. They were in one position and they were supposed to talk alot.

We put this video somewhere here earlier and also laughed at Zibi's stutter :lol: Well, maybe he played beach volleyball rather for fun but he has been successful in it too and I wouldn't tell that Kubi won the medals by himself :P Anyway, Zibi works very hard indoor. But I guess you already know that ^^

It was quick interview and that he didn't mention Kurek doesn't mean anything. They support each other for sure. I remember how it was in "Castellani's times" when they were rivals on the position. On the studio before matches experts always asked the same question and it was like Jurek Mielewski: "Irek, tell me who should play, Bartman or Kurek?" and Irek answered "Kurek". As well as Bosek and many others. So Zibi was losing the competition and I didn't like these moments 'cause I wanted both of them to play. Since they have weaker reception it was always the combination Kurek & Ruciak or Bartman & Bąkiewicz. Now I just love the idea to have Kurek & Bartman on the court at the same time :D

• Now I just love the idea to have Kurek & Bartman on the court at the same time :D

We'll see how long it will last that way...I mean Bartman as OPP, Kurek as OH on the court at the same time, 'cause Zibi has to make a decision, well...I guess he has already done it. He said that he has to focus just on one position, the only person who knows Zibi's decision is Andrea so far.

• We'll see how long it will last that way...I mean Bartman as OPP, Kurek as OH on the court at the same time, 'cause Zibi has to make a decision, well...I guess he has already done it. He said that he has to focus just on one position, the only person who knows Zibi's decision is Andrea so far.

I have some suspicion that he has chosen OPP position... :whistling:

• I read that there was a sports-review-poll sportsman of 2011 stuff now and Bartek finished the 2nd place of sportsman of the year.
    I can't wait for further details after I find these pictures on facebook:

Obviously being too tall is embarrassing...

Question 1: Why did Bartek so blushed. :lol:

Captain Planet tried his best to lower his head (look at his legs and back and neck :rolll: )

So we have...
    Mozdzonek, Klos, Zatorski, Kurek, Kubiak, Bartman, Winiarski and Anastast...
    Question 2: Why were there only Skra players and Skra fan club members on the awarding ceremony.
    (Anastasi can be ignored, or supposed a Skra fan)

• I'll try to answer your questions :D

I guess that Bartek blushed probably because of those emotions and because all the audience was laughing :lol: Jurek Dudek gave Bartek this award and decided to pick up the microphone so he can say a few words. And Bartek was glad about that Jurek helped him and he said "That will be the best" and the whole audience started laughing. And when Dudek said that he was only 188cm tall, Bartek said: "The most expensive tripod in the world" and thus he provided the audience another reason to laugh. His thanks were short and very concrete. He thanked the teammates and said it was an honor to run on the court together with them. Here you have some video, rather poor but you can still hear how Bartek amused the audience :D

Our volleyball players won the award for the team of the year (it's a pity that Andrea didn't take an award for the best coach). As you can see at the ceremony were players from Skra and Jastrzębski. And you know why? Because Skra played the match in Cup of Poland two days ago and Jastrzębie played yesterday but earlier than other teams. I guess that guys from Resovia and Zaksa didn't manage to get to the ceremony. And Kuba Jarosz, Łukasz Żygadło and Piotrek Gruszka were in Italy so it's clear why they didn't appeared. I was surprised that guys from Jastrzębie managed to get on time after the match but I guess they didn't have enough time - for example Zibi didn't have enough time to smarten up and he lost a tie somewhere :lol: but no matter what, he looked like the most relaxed man in the world - I mean all guys were dressed black-white and Zibi wore a purple shirt and seemed to be smug :D Captain Planet of course amused the audience because of the trouble with the microphone :rolll: Anyway, he became a real captain. He spoke on behalf of the whole team, I'm proud of him, seriously :D And when he finished, those two gentlemen leading the ceremony asked if some other guy wanted to say something and I had an impression that all of the guys tried to mix up Zbyszek and Captain was confused 'cause he didn't know what to do so it all looked so funny :lol:

They made my evening 'cause I had a big homework to do and I haven't seen an end. And when our guys appeared on the stage everything looked at once a lot lot better. They're so amusing :roll:

• Thank you bella, I just have downloaded the whole awarding ceremony and skimming it (because I don't know what they talks). And thank you for your explanation.
    Actually what I was stressing is "Skra fan club members", i.e. Kubi & Zibi. :lol:

• This gala was shitty. Not because Bartek got award, our lovely team got award(they totally deserved - the best team in Poland), but I had an impression, that TVP, which broadcasted that tried not to talk about volleyball. They called players at the scene, gave them award and goodbay. Kurek had 5 seconds to say something, 'cause before his performance they had to talk about some stupid things, previous sportsmans, who were in best 10 talked and talked and talked. If PGE wouldn't be a sponsor of this gala I don't think, that our national team would get this award.

• Actually what I was stressing is "Skra fan club members", i.e. Kubi & Zibi. :lol:

Yeah, I got it :lol:

This gala was shitty. Not because Bartek got award, our lovely team got award(they totally deserved - the best team in Poland), but I had an impression, that TVP, which broadcasted that tried not to talk about volleyball. They called players at the scene, gave them award and goodbay. Kurek had 5 seconds to say something, 'cause before his performance they had to talk about some stupid things, previous sportsmans, who were in best 10 talked and talked and talked. If PGE wouldn't be a sponsor of this gala I don't think, that our national team would get this award.

Aga, this gala is always shitty ;) If it wouldn't be shitty I would probably cry that Andrea didn't take the award and that Kurek didn't won the plebiscite. But in this case... I don't really care. And I think that our guys don't care about it too. Missing Zibi's tie can tell everything what our guys probably think about this "show" :P And Kurzajewski together with Babiarz are not funny, as they probably think, they interrupt people who want to say a few words so I thanked God that Kurek and Możdżonek were such diplomats and tried to speak briefly and to the point.
    Imagine how this gala would look like if Wanio would be leading that party :D then volleyball would be like a neverending topic.

• Yeah, I got it :lol:

Aga, this gala is always shitty ;) If it wouldn't be shitty I would probably cry that Andrea didn't take the award and that Kurek didn't won the plebiscite. But in this case... I don't really care. And I think that our guys don't care about it too. Missing Zibi's tie can tell everything what our guys probably think about this "show" :P And Kurzajewski together with Babiarz are not funny, as they probably think, they interrupt people who want to say a few words so I thanked God that Kurek and Możdżonek were such diplomats and tried to speak briefly and to the point.
    Imagine how this gala would look like if Wanio would be leading that party :D then volleyball would be like a neverending topic.

Yes, this couple, Kurzajewski&Babiarz wasn't funny, I can reading from script what I have to say, too, it's not a challenge. I'm fucking angry, when people are laughing at Mozdzonek, 'cause he's sooo tall, and he have to sit on the floor to say something to microphone. My God, maybe I'm weird, or something, but what it's funny in this? :pinch: Behavior of all these people, who were at this gala was like they never had a chance to see a volleyball player. They are so tall, oh my Gosh, unbelievable. I was pretty embarrassed. I'm waiting for volleyball gala. I will just pray, that there won't be any DODA... 8|

• Yes, this couple, Kurzajewski&Babiarz wasn't funny, I can reading from script what I have to say, too, it's not a challenge. I'm fucking angry, when people are laughing at Mozdzonek, 'cause he's sooo tall, and he have to sit on the floor to say something to microphone. My God, maybe I'm weird, or something, but what it's funny in this? :pinch: Behavior of all these people, who were at this gala was like they never had a chance to see a volleyball player. They are so tall, oh my Gosh, unbelievable. I was pretty embarrassed. I'm waiting for volleyball gala. I will just pray, that there won't be any DODA... 8|

Eh... Are you sure there is such possibility, like, people were teasing at Mozzie? I don't rather think so, because I thought volleyball players were welcomed in Poland.
    Well, I admit that Kubi had a bad face. I thought it was from fatigue.
    Anyway, this is the event of your country, you may know it better.

PS: who was the microphone holder?

• Eh... Are you sure there is such possibility, like, people were teasing at Mozzie? I don't rather think so, because I thought volleyball players were welcomed in Poland.
    Well, I admit that Kubi had a bad face. I thought it was from fatigue.
    Anyway, this is the event of your country, you may know it better.

PS: who was the microphone holder?

They were laughing, 'cause he was much taller than all guys on the scene so it was funny ?( Their reaction on it wasn't negative, it was positive, of course, because performances by volleyball players are always funny. You know, problems with microphone, etc. For me it's not, maybe that's why this situation pissed me off.

• PS: who was the microphone holder?

Which one?

They were laughing, 'cause he was much taller than all guys on the scene so it was funny ?( Their reaction on it wasn't negative, it was positive, of course, because performances by volleyball players are always funny. You know, problems with microphone, etc. For me it's not, maybe that's why this situation pissed me off.

Chill out, Aga. Like if Możdżonek even cared that people were laughing :D He was calm like a see during gentle breeze :P Generally, our volleyball players show their class in any situation. And they are funny because they just are funny not becausethey try to be. That's why I love them so much.

• The prize won Justyna Kowalczyk, cross-country skier. She won three times in a row, today she also won Tour De Ski third time in a row :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• He looks like Jerszy Dudek. Btw who won the prize best Polish athlete?

That's right, it's Jerzy Dudek, I wrote about him in my report from the plebiscite when you asked about details, Martee ;)

• That's right, it's Jerzy Dudek, I wrote about him in my report from the plebiscite when you asked about details, Martee ;)

Yeah.... I read it now. Sorry I was watching the video so I didn't read your post carefully.
    Actually as soon as I saw that picture, I estimated this guy's height was 188. And surprisingly, I am exactly right. :)