The 2012 CEV Champions League

• She deserved rest after TOP VOLLEY INTERNATIONAL, she was impressive!! :)

• Robin plays, Karg is on bench like Matthes and Thieme. The last two have small injuries, don't know about Karg...but it seems Stoltenborg is the only healthy substitute they have :white:
    Dresden plays with 3 potential liberos and NONE of them can receive :thumbdown:

Dresden defeated Mulhouse..Dresden has advanced to the Playoff Round

If Rabita & Fener can win the last two matches with score 3-0, probably Dresnder will complete the group as third rank. I think it's possible

First of all CEV looking at the general goal average, Am I right ?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Another good set for Rabita, 25-17 again!! We need to win next set to stay in contention for 1st place in group, goooo Rabita, your fans are proud of you!!! :heart:

• Another good set for Rabita, 25-17 again!! We need to win next set to stay in contention for 1st place in group, goooo Rabita, your fans are proud of you!!! :heart:

I hope Mulhouse will win at least 1 set :D

• I hope Mulhouse will win at least 1 set :D

Even if we win both matches 3-0, if they don't lose 2 sets in 2 matches we'll bee 2nd, so they gotta lose more!! :D

• Even if we win both matches 3-0, if they don't lose 2 sets in 2 matches we'll bee 2nd, so they gotta lose more!! :D

Then, go Mulhouse ! :D

Another 3-0 win, Rabita! :love:

• Yeahhhhhhhhhh RABITA won!!!!!!!!!! Very good game, congrats girls!!! Another win,another dominant performance!!! It was such a pleasure to watch them, and Baku fans were great and supportive!!!! :woohoo: :dance6:

• Absolute MVP of match ----- Natalya Mammadova !!! :dance6:
    Best scorer with 20 points, 15 spikes + 3 blocks + 2 aces !!! :)

• Absolute MVP of match ----- Natalya Mammadova !!! :dance6:
    Best scorer with 20 points, 15 spikes + 3 blocks + 2 aces !!! :)

I think it is the main difference of Mamma, even she wasn't good at reception today, she is still good attacking :) her bad performance in reception doesnt effect her attacks

• WTF :white:

10.01.12 DSC-Damen erleben in Baku Verfolgungsjagd

Dresden (DNN). Bevor die DSC-Volleyballerinnen heute ihren nächsten Champions League-Auftritt bei Klub-Weltmeister Rabita Baku bestreiten, erlebten die Dresdnerinnen bei der Anreise einige „Kuriositäten“. Nach ihrer Ankunft in der aserbaidschanischen Hauptstadt bestiegen sie gestern den Bus, der schon auf sie wartete. Doch gleich bei der Abfahrt rammte der Busfahrer einen Mercedes, fuhr dem Auto sogar den Spiegel ab – und setzte dennoch seine Fahrt einfach fort. Da der PKW-Fahrer die Szene aber wohl noch gesehen hatte, setzte er sich in seinen Wagen und düste den Volleyball-Damen hinterher. Auf der Autobahn stoppte er den Bus und führte einen heftigen Disput mit dem Fahrer. „Wie sich die beiden Herren geeinigt haben, bleibt aber wohl ihr Geheimnis“, berichtete DSC-Geschäftsführerin Sandra Zimmermann nach der Verfolgungsjagd. Noch während der Bus stand, bekamen die Dresdnerinnen die nächste Kostprobe von den Verkehrsverhältnissen im 3500 Kilometer entfernten Baku. Wilde Geisterfahrer kamen plötzlich auf das Mobil zu, schwenkten gerade noch auf die gegenüberliegende Fahrbahn ab, um dort erneut in entgegengesetzte Richtung weiterzufahren. Alles andere verlief aber zum Glück planmäßig. Gestern Vormittag schwitzten die DSC-Mädels beim Athletiktraining und am Nachmittag machten sie sich mit der Spielhalle vertraut. Leider kann Trainer Alexander Waibl bei der schweren Partie heute wohl erneut nicht auf die Dienste seiner beiden Außenangreiferinnen Friederike Thieme (Fußbeschwerden) und Anne Matthes (Rückenprobleme) zurückgreifen. Dazu plagt sich Kapitän Stefanie Karg auch noch mit Oberschenkelschmerzen. Deshalb steht auch hinter ihrem Einsatz ein dickes Fragezeichen.

Dresdner Neueste Nachrichten, Astrid Hofmann

• Villa Cortese will play in Schwerin without Berg, Guiggi, Wilson and Lucia Bosetti. Barborkova will play as MB...
    I guess in this case Schwerin really has a chance to win, they've been playing quite well recently and all their players are healthy now.

Dresden, after winning the last matches in German league, thinks they have a chance against Rabita today :rolll: We'll see reality in 10 minutes...

Matthias, do you mean that Cortese's players didn't travel to Schwerin?

Or that they are there but are just not going to play the usual lineup?

Thanks!

• Villa Cortese will play in Schwerin without Berg, Guiggi, Wilson and Lucia Bosetti. Barborkova will play as MB...
    I guess in this case Schwerin really has a chance to win, they've been playing quite well recently and all their players are healthy now.

Dresden, after winning the last matches in German league, thinks they have a chance against Rabita today :rolll: We'll see reality in 10 minutes...

There are still Pavan, Cruz, Catharina Bosetti :win: I agree, Schwerin has a real chance now; I think it's 50-50 now.

• For the non-German speakers, the bus who collected Dresden from the airport hit another car while leaving from the airport but drove on, then the bus was followed by the damaged car and the drivers had an argument on the road :lol: Sounds like an American movie...

Matthias, do you mean that Cortese's players didn't travel to Schwerin?

Or that they are there but are just not going to play the usual lineup?

Thanks!

As I understood the news on Volleyball.it, they didn't even travel, but I'm not 100% sure. We will see if Pavan and Cruz are enough...Cruz will be the captain tonight btw.
    Krystle Esdelle can't play for Schwerin due to illness but she wouldn't have been in the starting line-up anyway.

• the bus who collected Dresden from the airport hit another car while leaving from the airport but drove on, then the bus was followed by the damaged car and the drivers had an argument on the road

The Dresdner-bus collided with a parked car (Mercedes), while leaving the airport, crushing the side-mirror of the car. The bus driver didn't stop and drove on. The owner of the car, seeing what happened, jumped in his car and followed/chased the bus. Eventually he succeeded in forcing to stop the bus on the highway :!: . The two drivers both went out and had a fierce conversation/argument with each other. Eventually the bus could drive to the hotel.

I think Borat was there :lol:

• Thormann is amazing so far for Schweriner. Her one foot attack remind me of Oksana Alparsan.(She used to play for Vakifbank years ago) Both of them perform all their attacks on one foot no matter if it's back row or front. Has Thormann ever played for Germany NT?

• Congratulations to Villa Cortese :flower: :flower: Even without Berg, Guiggi, L. Bosetti they won in straight sets.

Weak match by Schwerin. No defense at all, no fighting spirit, too many unforced errors..a game to forget soon!

I recommend Topic and Buijs to take a rest for a few weeks...recovering from their injuries. I heard Anne still has problems with her knee. She rested a few matches in Bundesliga, but the injury is still there. You can see she can't play 100 %

• In the day of her birthday, Aury Cruz was the capitan (because of Berg's absence) and she leads the team to the victory!
    Good job Villa

"Cantare sempre Villa Cortese"

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.