The 2012 CEV Champions League

• Volero is fighting ! come on :super:

Villa - Cannes 2:3
    so Cannes will finish obviously as 1st, Eczaci as a 2nd and Villa as a 3rd :D

• great defence by Merve & Fabiana. they saves Fener and Logan kills the ball :thumbsup:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Oksana's injury looks VERY serious, in the last slowmotion of the video posted here some pages ago it's clearly visible how the whole knee gives in :( I suppose she'll be out a long time...

Glad to see Schwerin doesn't finish CL with 0 points :) They could have won against for example Mulhouse, Crvena Zvezda and Constanta, but they were just unlucky with the draw. Of course Dresden had the two best teams in the competition in their pool, but with Mulhouse also a beatable team. I have nothing at all against Dresden, also glad to see that they put up a very good fight today, I just prefer the way Schwerin plays. I think Hanke and Apitz are quite equal as setters, also the liberos, Dresden has better MBs (at least they have 2 good MBs, Schwerin has only Kauffeldt), but as I said before I think Schwerin's OHs are better than Dresden's.

So we're looking forward to the DOL now :) Anybody knows the rules? Is it for example possible that two teams who won their pools meet in 1/8 final or will the winners surely play against 2nd or 3rd ranked teams?

• So we're looking forward to the DOL now Anybody knows the rules? Is it for example possible that two teams who won their pools meet in 1/8 final or will the winners surely play against 2nd or 3rd ranked teams?

As far as I know usually 1st ranked teams played against 3rd ranked teams in recent years :)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Participating Teams for 1/8 Finals

1st Ranked Teams: RC Cannes, Fenerbahçe Universal, Dinamo Kazan, Vakıfbank Türk Telekom, Dinamo Moscow

2nd Ranked Teams: Eczacıbaşı Vitra, Rabita Bakü, Atom Trefl Sopot, Azerrail Bakü, Scavolini Pesaro

3rd Ranked Teams: MC-Carnaghi Villa Cortese, Dresdner SC, Volero Zurich, Volley Bergamo, Bank BPS Fakro Muszyna

Best 4th Ranked Teams: VK Modranska Prostejov

Edited once, last by filedefener ().

So we're looking forward to the DOL now :) Anybody knows the rules? Is it for example possible that two teams who won their pools meet in 1/8 final or will the winners surely play against 2nd or 3rd ranked teams?

The principles of the Drawing of Lots for the Playoffs 12 are:
    • to avoid that teams stemming from the same League Round Pool will meet
    each other again;
    • to avoid that 3 teams from the same country will enter the Final Four
    tournament;
    • as far as possible to grant advantage to the better ranked teams of the
    various League Round pools.

• Vakıfbank finished in the top in Group D :super: :wavy:

• C. Bosetti 18 :super: :super: :cheesy:
    V. Diouf 21 :super: :super: :cheesy:

.....anyway congrats to the all teams qualified!!!! 8)

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• Matthias,
    Number 6 in Schweriner (played as opp.) She played well.What about her performance in German league?
    though she is very short for that position however she played well.

Number 6 Julia Retzlaff played as OH, the blond girl. If you mean her, she played unusually well yesterday, I don't remember her scoring more than 20 points ever before. Usually she is only playing well in defense but not in attack. If you mean the Opp Number 7 Patricia Thormann (short black hair), she was MVP of German league last season and after a knee surgery in summer now she is again a very important player for Schwerin in league.

• Thanks Mattias.I meant Retzlaff.I thought she was an opp.(i didnt pay attention to her as receiving) Thorman played better at the first match which was in Germany.Setter Hanke is a good setter and her serves are better watching live than watching through tv.

• Fenerbahce's fans caused big damage in Dresden's hall :thumbdown: They were standing and jumping on the plastic seats and a lot of them got destroyed...

Soccer supporters need to learn how to behave in the volleyball hall :thumbup: