The 2012 CEV Champions League

• Volleyball matches time limit will be for sure.
    One of the main internet tv channels probably will stop transmite volleyball matches because of no limit time and problems because of too short or too long match and in there cases money away.
    So in future will be like I want or won't be tv transmission.

• Gosh, golden set causing heart attack :sos: I supported Cuneo to the end though Vissotto really pissed me off with his attitude :thumbdown: Great Omrcen, the only guy from Macerata who deserved to win this battle.
    Thrilling end of this freakin' long match... After spoiled serves by Omrcen and Mastrangelo I had a strange feeling that Savani "ace" on the opponent... :whistle: And voila :D

Btw. I've just read that Tours didn't make it. No way... :mad: I bet on them.

• Gosh, golden set causing heart attack :sos: I supported Cuneo to the end though Vissotto really pissed me off with his attitude :thumbdown: Great Omrcen, the only guy from Macerata who deserved to win this battle.
    Thrilling end of this freakin' long match... After spoiled serves by Omrcen and Mastrangelo I had a strange feeling that Savani "ace" on the opponent... :whistle: And voila :D

Btw. I've just read that Tours didn't make it. No way... :mad: I bet on them.

Tours was very poor in both matches, VfB deserved to qualify :whistle:

• Omrčen and Maxim best opposite in the world atm :whistle: Omrčen beat Cuneo alone, Savani did nothing until ace on MP, finally Travica started to use Igor more :obey: Cuneo - Omrčen 2:3 :drink:

Well, this was made in an emotional moment, it is a bit exaggerated ;) But it still true that Omrcen beat Cuneo mostly all by himself. Several remarks from me. First, I expected a more prepared Macerata after such a first game, I expected a lot more from Giuliani tactically. He brought back Stankovic as a starter, but apart from that Macerata was still playing difficult at times, in the same way we have seen them struggle in the last games. The big difference came from the skills of a single player, so it is a fact indeed to say that Omrcen had much more individual contribution to the victory than Giuliani as a coach. I also don't know what is wrong with Parodi, he is not the same player he was in Cuneo, he is just not as efficient as back then, Kovar is gaining more play time because of this. Macerata has a lot to improve if they want to have chances against Trento. If they leave Omrcen alone again, the result won't be the same this time around. You saw what happened to them in the first game, when Igor didn't have such a good day. Macerata was good enough yesterday to reach the next round, but is still far away from the F4.

I also can't figure out what is giong on in Wijsmans' head. His reception has always been a problem, but in attack he has been a monster when he is needed. Now, just like Parodi, this guy seems absent on the field. Blocked so many times in so many games, with very low attack percentages, this guy is at times hampering Cuneo. They don't have a proper replacement and it was obvious yesterday that they lack attack power. Vissotto was weaker than in Macerata. To me, Cuneo would have won this match despite all the problems if they could use Grbic full time. Baranowicz had a decent game, but he was way too predictable most of the time, Grbic is a must for Cuneo.

It is quite unfortunate to see one of Trento and Macerata eliminated before the F4.

• I think right now Macerata is far away from the team that amongst all other teams is considered to be closest to Trentino. Their receivers are not stable at all. I think Parodi has zero confidence in himself, maybe because he is a substitute to Savani and Zaytsev in NT, maybe because the previous injuries that led to the loss of his physical condition. That's very clear, especially in his attacks. He is not that antilope that was in Cuneo. Savani is the weakest link in reception and he sometimes is also bad in attack. I don't like Dragan Travica, maybe I'm subjective, but I can't see how can a team be a pretender to any trophy with a starting setter Travica and without the best players in all other positions. The other positions are OK, especially in the opposite position. I see not only Trento beating them, but also Loko and Zenit. The two Polsih teams SKRA and Jastrzebski are at the same level as Macerata. But we won't see Macerata against some of those teams I think because it will be a very big surprise if they eliminate Trento. They can win the Italian Cup but I doubt they can proceed in the CL. Final Four imo: Loko, Trento, Zenit and SKRA of course. I really like Loko Novosibirsk. Sanchez is not far from Omrcen and Mikhaylov and they have really good players in all positions.

About Wijsmans. I think it's his age that ruins his attack. He is getting tired easily and he is making the steps before the jump really strange, I don't know if he has always done that. The lack of confidence is also a reason.

• Hmm, I don't really know, because I am not an internal man, but I personally think that Wijsmans and Parodi don't have confidence problems, especially Wijsmans ;)

• I thought, that this match will never end... :pinch: I feel sorry for Cuneo, 'cause they won in first match 'easier', Macerata had a knife at their throats and it was very tough for them to win this match and this golden set. Lucky day for Lube - just few actions decided.

• Trentino - Noliko CHL 2011-2012 Highlights

http://vimeo.com/36511129

• Premiere in Lodz as challenge system will be used in men's final four

2012 CEV Volleybal Champions League - Men

Belchatow, Poland, February 12, 2012. With the city of Lodz and the club of PGE Skra BELCHATOW going to host the final four of the 2012 CEV Volleyball Champions League this coming March 17-18, the event is likely to turn into a milestone in the history of Volleyball. The innovative system gradually developed in Poland whereby the decisions of the referees may be challenged by the teams will be adopted also in the last act of Europe’s most elitist club competition.

Similarly to the “hawk-eye” computer system used in tennis, cricket and other sports, by using the support provided by some special slow-motion cameras installed at different locations around the area of play as well as on the net, the team captains will have the possibility to challenge – only twice per set – the decisions of the referees. If the team asking for the challenge eventually wins it, two chances will remain at their disposal for the remainder of the concerned set. Moreover, once the decision of the referees is challenged, the video footage will be reviewed by the second referee and the captain of the “challenging team”.

The system has been successfully tested and implemented in the PlusLiga, i.e. Poland’s highest division. While last year it was used only for the matches of the Playoffs as they were all televised, such special cameras are being used also for all matches of the regular season.

Having traveled this weekend to Poland to start the preparations for the final four, the President of the European Cups Commission, Riet Ooms, enjoyed the opportunity to attend the match starring the local heroes of PGE Skra BELCHATOW and AZS Politechnika WARSZAWA where the above system was being processed. She could testify that via that challenge a very important rally was eventually assigned differently than as per decision of the referees as the score stood at 23:22 in the third set of the game that ultimately finished in a 3:2 win for PGE Skra. “I am really positively impressed by the system” says Mrs. Ooms. “It helps control emotions and nervousness out there on the court. The players stay cool and on the other side the referees are always sure that finally the right decision is being made. Additionally, the system does not influence the normal pace of the game as all discussions are quite quickly finalized” she stressed. Mrs. Ooms confirmed that the President of the European Refereeing Commission, Jan Rek, will visit Poland very soon together with two of the referees nominated to officiate at the final four in order to get a better understanding and knowledge of the system.

After attending that game and knowing more about the challenge system, Mrs. Ooms visited the venue of the final four, the splendid “Atlas Arena”, accompanied by the Chairman of PGE Skra BELCHATOW, Konrad Piechocki, Final Four Executive Director Natalia Kostulska and PGE Skra Financial Director, Mr. Grzegorz Stawinoga. “The preparations for the final four are running well and the sports hall is always magnificent. I am happy that Europe’s best teams will be battling for the trophy of our most prestigious competition in this great arena as they already did in 2010” said Mrs. Ooms after visiting Lodz. “We are pleased with the interest and trust showed by the CEV and the adoption of the challenge system will make this final four even more interesting. I am sure that all Volleyball fans from Poland and Europe will be attending an unforgettable Volleyball party”, so Mr. Piechocki.

• Perrin as libero is tottaly a big fail :teach:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Novosibirsk 3-0 Arkas :thumbdown: Hansen played very bad today his connection with Bravo was really terrible.Bravo had to move like an acrobat :lol: Anyway there is a still chance in Izmir.I hope there is nothing serious with Nuri Sahin :aww:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: