The 2011 Girls' Youth World Championship

• Actually Puerto Rico has the tallest player in Alba Hernandez (207 cm!!!)

Oh God :cheesy: :white: :white: :white: Well i didn't check Puerto Rico's roster it's my fault :drink:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Brazil has a very good team, much more promissing than the last generation. The best of this team are the wing spikers: The 1,85 OPP Rosamaria Montibeler is the keyscorer, but also have all around OH Gabriela (1,76) and Paula Mohr (1,87). The bench has also as OH Carla Fell (1,85) and Natália (1,91). The MB still have way to go, but Valquíria (1,91) is promissing, followed by Raquel (1,88 ) and also Stephanie in bench. Setters Nayara and Naiane (both 1,79) do a good job.

It's gonna be a tought championship for sure. Very competitive teams, especially from Europe (Italy, Germany, Serbia and Turkey) as well as China in Asia. Hope Brazil can achieve a good result...

• @ vblover:
    Bosetti won't play at the Youth WCH. It would have been pretty weird, since she's just played at the Girls'; besides, on her fb page she's stated she's about to go on vacation (well deserved, I'd say...).

GuiBrazil:
    I saw Brazil a couple of months ago, in the tournament you mentioned in a previous post (that with Italy, Germany and Russia). Among the spikers, Gabi is definitely the one who impressed me the most (not by chance she got the MVP award): sometimes, when she was to attack, I had a kind of "money in the bank" feeling... On the other side, Rosa seemed to lack a bit of continuity. Anyway, it's a very promising team.

• Italy's roster:

S: Carraro, Scacchetti
    OPP: Gobbi, Sylla
    OH: Lestini, Perinelli, Fiesoli, Maruotti
    MB: Danesi, Melandri, Furlan
    L: Bruno

Unfortunately, Bosetti aside, we'll have to do without MB Chirichella too: an injury at the rectus femoris is gonna keep her away from the court for 3-weeks, just enough to miss the tournament... :(

• Turkey playes a friendly match with brazil and the result is 25-15, 25-20 25-19 for turkey :drink:

Wow good score against another favorite team for championship :drink: Do you have any info about Turkey's roster? It's nice that our girls took some lessons from EYOF.They minimized their opponent in my opinion after become european champion but they lost 3-2 to Serbia after beating them twice in ECH.I heared that Turkey changed their 2nd setter 3rd times :white: Cagla Akin will play as first setter for sure but after Kubra Kegan (ECH) and Cemre Kuzuloglu (EYOF),Sahin Catma probably will bring Nursevil Aydınlar as 2nd setter who is 1.87 Tall ?( :lol:

• Wow good score against another favorite team for championship :drink: Do you have any info about Turkey's roster? It's nice that our girls took some lessons from EYOF.They minimized their opponent in my opinion after become european champion but they lost 3-2 to Serbia after beating them twice in ECH.I heared that Turkey changed their 2nd setter 3rd times :white: Cagla Akin will play as first setter for sure but after Kubra Kegan (ECH) and Cemre Kuzuloglu (EYOF),Sahin Catma probably will bring Nursevil Aydınlar as 2nd setter who is 1.87 Tall ?( :lol:

New Rondon is coming? :lol: :lol: By the way it is really a good score against one of the biggest candidates for the title. I belive our girl can become the World Championship.. :super:

• The photo gallery of Turkey-Brazil friendly match = http://voleybolx.com/galeridet…ldiz-kiz-hazirlik-maci%29

Just saw this photo,our forum member Damla Cakiorglu (179cm) jumps insane in block :white: :what:

• Does anyone know if it will be possible to watch the matches somewhere, via online streaming? :sos:

Voleyboltv.com will show the matches live from hall but in ECH the website has been closed for foreign countries,hope this time it won't :down:

ye ye We will beat You in the 3rd match :lol: :lol:

Well Female volleyball is open to any score but Poland match is important for only group ranking coz there are already Algeria and Egypt at the same group.No doubt that Turkey and Poland will rise to final groups :win: But Turkey seems stronger Last meet EYOF Turkey 3-0 Poland :thumbsup:

• Voleyboltv.com will show the matches live from hall but in ECH the website has been closed for foreign countries,hope this time it won't :down:

Thanx, StarNight. I've seen that already now they're broadcasting live from the Baskent Hall, although the tournament hasn't started yet (there's just a team training on the court). So the good news is that I can see it; the bad is that the other hall (where pool D will play) doesn't seem to be featured... I hope they'll add it tomorrow...

• USA-Puerto Rico game has started (6-1 for USA) in voleyboltv.com but i have no idea is it open for foreign countries or not :gone:

http://voleyboltv.com/canliyayin.php?salon_id=2

• USA-Puerto Rico game has started (6-1 for USA) in voleyboltv.com but i have no idea is it open for foreign countries or not :gone:

http://voleyboltv.com/canliyayin.php?salon_id=2

I'm from Italy and I can see the match! :D

• Alba Hernandez is tall but plays awful :lol:

• Brazil and Turkey are the biggest candidates for final match in YWCH this year. But we cannot forget Italy, Serbia and China, always strong teams...

looks like we all forgot one team which looks like machine with those resuts:

China 0–3 Japan 21–25 20–25 14–25
    Japan 3–0 Thailand 25–14 25–17 25–15

Finals and semis of asian youth champs :whistle: :roll: :cheesy:

and ATM Italy is looking like they will be trashed as china (bolded teams) and thais too... Japs leading 2-0 and 14-10 :what: :mirror:

• Brazil had a very good start against Slovakia, 3x0, but unfortunately no statistics of the game until now. Italy surprised with a poor start and lost to a well-cordinated Japan. Maybe the abscence of Caterina Bosseti is turning a big problem for Italians. Now they have to pass against a very good German team, with their go-to hitter Jennifer Geerties.

I also liked Polish team. They are not big favourites, but still have some good players that can surprise in senior level, like Chojnacka and Wojcik...

• The two missing players in Italian team makes a lot of difference for them, specailly Caterina Bosetti.

the girl was simple the MVP from Junior World Championship....so you can imagine how much miss she makes to her girls team! ^^

I think Brasil and Turkey are definetly the main candidates for the final ;)