The 2011 Girls' Youth World Championship

• USA's twins Rolfzen prefer volleyball than basketball
    The only sisters playing at the FIVB Girls Youth World Championship running now in Turkey are 17-year old twins from USA Amber and Kadie Rolfzen, they play in Nebraska Juniors. It is their first international tournament and they are among the most successful USA players and have similar skills. So their coach can differ them only by a headband.

"To play in a one team is every time like a rivalry between us, but we like it," said Kadie, "it makes us perform better."

Girls had tried different sports before they chose for themselves volleyball. "We started to play volleyball in the fifth grade at school when we were 12. Before we tried every other but we preferred volleyball. Our family is a family of people loving sport, but it is a basketball family. Our father played basketball in college team," explain sisters.

It is sisters debut on international court and they share their emotions: "It is our first time when we play in an international tournament. It is awesome to play in the international arena, to see new people, to play with the best teams of the world. It is exciting,"

"In this tournament we play in head as opposites but at home we usually play as outside hitters," say twins. During this tournament Amber gained 20 points by the spikes and 8 by blocks and Kadie gained 10 and 2 respectively.

Girls are too similar so that it is almost impossible to differentiate between them. "Our coach can not differ between us, for the difference I put my head band so that the coach knows who is who," explains Kadie showing her headband.

Besides the volleyball they study at school but volleyball is also an inalienable part of their life. "I do not know what we would do if we do not play volleyball. It would be boring just to sit at home or go around."

"But for the future we are committed to college and to play volleyball as well, in junior league, in college," Amber shares their plans.

And to explain their choice for home club sisters have a lot of arguments: "And at home we play in Nebraska club. There are a lot of reasons to play for it: it is a College club, it is famous, it has a lot of fans. And it is close to home as well."
    FIVB

• “At 14 y I achieved my dreams with volleyball,” says Egypt’s Heidi
    Two years ago she was playing Tennis but one day the Egyptian child Heidi Kandiel was watching a volleyball match in her club Heliopolis in Egypt she decided to play that sport but she was not expecting that after two years she will represent his country in the World Championship and to have the record of being the youngest player here in the prestigious FIVB event in Turkey.

Born on July 1, 1997 Heidi is considered the youngest player among 192 registered player in the 16 teams playing at the 2011 Youth Girls World Championship in Ankara.

At 14 year Heidi achieved her first dream to play at the highest level of her age category but still she had a lot of dreams to achieve with her beloved sport volleyball.

“I was playing Tennis since childhood but when I saw a volleyball match in my club I decided to play this sport professionally,” Remembered the young girl. “I started with Maged Ibrahim the Mini volley coach of my club, Heliopolis in Cairo. He encouraged me and taught me the main the skills of the sport.”

She started playing with the under 16 team while she was only 12 and the first time she played an official match was in June 2010.

“I didn’t realize that I will achieve my first gold medal at 13 years. It was the Egyptian National championship under 16. At that time I was shocked when the head coach of the first team Ayman told me that I will represent also the senior women team of my club.”

“It was a critical day in my life when the Egyptian Junior team coach invited me to join the Girls” Youth team. At that team I couldn’t realize that I will achieve my dreams of representing my country so early even one year after I have been involved professionally in that sport,” Heidi added excitingly,”

Now Heidi is already the youngest player in current Girls’ Youth Championship in Turkey and the youngest to defend her country’s flag.

Outside the volleyball field she is very successful at school lessons as she is usually between the top marks in her school.

“My school manager encouraged me to continue my sports career as it enhances me to do more in my practical life. I want to be a doctor because this is my preferred job when I graduate, but I’m sure volleyball will help me to continue my social life dreams.”
    FIVB

• So Starnight like You wrote Me in private message today You wish defeat to Turkey. Hmm today Turkey will play against Argentina hmm who knows. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• No i didn't write liar Bartek :rolll:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• A play for the boys :lol:

Who is the most beautiful players of the Championship for you? :lol:

• Argentina - Turkey 25-14 25-18 25-18 :!: :!: :!:

Yes,but the winner is Turchia! :lol:

• A play for the boys :lol:

Who is the most beautiful players of the Championship for you? :lol:

Serbia : Cikiriz & Mirkovic
    Turkey : Ceylan & Ece
    Italy : (C) Perinelli if Bosetti would be here i could vote for Caty :flower:
    Poland : Tobiasz and Glaz
    Germany : Besa

:drink:

• Poland-Brazil 1-1 ( 17-25,26-24,16-11) Poland started to play very well after 1st set and seems like they will beat Brazil.

• Brazil 3-2 Poland.I declare Poland the most unbalanced team of tournament right now :lol: They were very close to win :teach:

• as a team poland is not greatest one but as individuals, i like lots of them, especially their MBs are impressive :win: ı believe that we will see many girls from this generation in senior national team soon

• Pool E
    Germany - China 0-3 (23-25 23-25 11-25) stats
    Turkey - Argentina 3-0 (25-14 25-18 25-18 ) stats

18-Aug ARG-GER
    18-Aug CHN-TUR

Pool F
    Japan - Serbia 0-3 (17-25 12-25 20-25) stats
    Poland - Brazil 2-3 (17-25 26-24 29-27 22-25 7-15) stats

18-Aug SRB-POL
    18-Aug BRA-JPN

Pool G
    Thailand - USA 0-3 (31-33 10-25 22-25) stats
    Egypt - Slovakia 0-3 (21-25 20-25 19-25) stats

18-Aug Slovakia - Thailand
    18-Aug USA - Egypt

Pool H
    Italy - Puerto Rico 3-1 (25-15 16-25 25-17 25-14) stats
    Algeria - Mexico 0-3 (18-25 16-25 15-25) stats

18-Aug MEX-ITA
    18-Aug PUR-ALG

• Congratulations girls :thumbsup:
    So semifinals will be Poland-China and Turkey-Serbia, right ?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Congratulations girls :thumbsup:
    So semifinals will be Poland-China and Turkey-Serbia, right ?

Yes :win: China beated Turkey 3-1 today.Turkey was leading 20-14 > 24-21 in 3rd set but lost 26-24 this set :white: