2011 WNBA

• Angel McCoughtry named the WNBA’s Eastern Conference Player of the Month :cheesy:

Go Angel :super:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Phoenix Mercury 95-96 Connecticut Sun

Penny Taylor had 13 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds as the Mercury lost for the fifth time in the last six games.

Atlanta Dream 70-53 Seattle Storm

Angel McCoughtry scored 17 points :super:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Atlanta Dream 72-70 Washington Mystics

Angel had 19 pts 5 asist 3 rebaund

Minnesota Lynx 80-85 Phoenix Mercury

Penny Taylor had 13 pts 6 reaund

Phoenix Mercury will play against Atlanta Dream on Thursday.. i think, will be an interesting match for Fener fans :teach:

• Phoenix Mercury will play against Atlanta Dream on Thursday.. i think, will be an interesting match for Fener fans :teach:

Actually it is not an interesting game for me, i don't like Phoenix at all. That team irritates me a lot even though they have Penny :lol: I will support Atlanta!!! I hope they will win.
    Run with the Dream :super:

• Players of the week

East : Slyvia Fowles (Chicago Sky)

West : Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury)

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• My team Atlanta :heart: is 4th in Eastern conference right now. With 11 wins and 12 loses. Except tonight's game against LA Sparks, they will play 10 more matches and 3 of them against Indiana and 3 of them against Connecticut (2 best teams from East) other 4 games are easier of course.

Chicago Sky will play 9 more games and their opponents are Minnesota(1) Indiana (1) New York (2) Seattle(1) Washigton(2) .And one match between Atlanta and Sky. I think even under the worst of conditions Atlanta win 2 or 3 more matches than Chicago and will qualify for the Play-Offs. :super:

• I've just watched the Atlanta-Connecticut match. It was a thriller :cheesy: . Angel, as the commentator on Nba Tv said, was the difference maker. First of all at the end of the 4th quarter when score was tied at 78-78 and only few seconds left, she blocked Hightower.
    And in OT she stole the ball from Tina Charles (by the way she did 8 turnovers :what: ) and made the jump shot and few seconds later she made a last second shot and made the score 88-83 and the game ended up 94-88. This win was so important for Atlanta. I'm so happy :woohoo:

Atlanta Dream
    Angel McCoughtry 12 rebounds 4 assist 26 points
    Sancho Lyttle 5 rebounds 3 assist 20 points
    Lindsey Harding 5 assist 21 points

Connecticut Sun
    Tina Charles 11 rebounds 3 assist 8 turnovers 15 points
    Asjha Jones 9 rebounds 21 points

• Atlanta's Angel McCoughtry and Los Angeles' Candace Parker Named WNBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week

For the season, McCoughtry ranks second in the league in scoring (20.4 ppg). Her 5.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists per contest are 11th and 12th best, respectively, in the Eastern Conference. The Player of the Week award is the third of the year for McCoughtry and the fifth of her career. Parker, meanwhile, earned the honor for the first time this year and the fifth time in her four WNBA seasons. For Parker, the 2008 league MVP and Rookie of the Year, the Player of the Week award capped a solid return to action after she was sidelined for 15 games due to a knee injury.

• Atlanta won against biggest opponent for the play-off ticket Chicago Sky 83-80. :super: This was a very important match for both teams and the game was at Chicago so Sky should have won, actually they were doing very well until the last 2 minutes they did 5 turnovers and meaningless fouls so Atlanta didn't miss that chance. There are a lot of good games in Wnba nowadays before play-offs, i really recommend you to watch some games so maybe i don't talk with myself in this thread :lol:

Angel played with a very low shooting percentage again (6/17) made 22 points and 7 rebounds.
    Fowles was the best player of the game for Sky with 12 rebouns and 20 points.

• Last 15 games for regular season then Play-Offs will start :cheesy:
    My prediction about play-offs are:
    In West conference Minnesota will crush all the teams and will be in WNBA finals.
    In East i think and hope Atlanta and Connecticut will be in Conference finals. Indiana is not playing well lately. They lost 3 regular season games against Atlanta if they meet in Play-Offs Atlanta will win again.I have no prediction about who is going to win in East ?(

• The WNBA Playoffs is a best-of-three elimination tournament between the top four teams in the Eastern and Western Conferences to determine the two teams that will play in the WNBA Finals

Dates to Remember
    September 11: Final day of the regular season
    September 15: First day of the WNBA Playoffs
    October 2: First day of the WNBA Finals
    October 12: Last possible day of the WNBA Finals

The Format
    At the conclusion of the regular season, the top four teams in each conference qualify for the playoffs and are seeded one to four based on their regular season records. The team with the best record receives seed one, the team with the next best record receives seed two, and so on. If two teams have an equal record, tiebreaker rules determine which team receives the higher seed (see below for full explanation).

The seedings are used to create a bracket that determines the match-ups throughout the playoffs. The first round , also know as the Conference Semifinals, consists of two match-ups in each conference based on the seedings (1-4 and 2-3).

The two winners advance to the next round, the Conference Finals, with a match-up between the 1-4 and 2-3 winners. At the conclusion of the Conference Finals, the winners of these series advance to the WNBA Finals.

The Conference Semifinals and the Conference Finals are each best-of-three series. Series are played in a 1-1-1 format, with the team with home-court advantage (better record) hosting Games 1 and 3, while their opponent hosts Game 2.

The WNBA Finals is a best-of-five series played in a 2-2-1 format, with the team with home-court advantage hosting Games 1, 2, and 5 while their opponent hosts Games 3 and 4

• Angel McCoughtry scored 35 points and the Atlanta Dream moved into third place in the Eastern Conference with an 85-74 victory over the Connecticut Sun on Tuesday night.

Go Angel :super:

• If the playoffs started today Seatle leads 2-1 against Phoenix and Connecticut vs Atlanta series tied 2-2

• :D

Tulsa Shock vs Phoenix Mercury on tonight at 10.00 PM live on NBA TV. Good luck Penny :wavy:

• Play-Offs
    Indiana- New York (New York)
    Connecticut-Atlanta (Atlanta)
    Minnesota- San Antonio (Minnesota)
    Seattle- Phoenix (Seattle)

My favourites are in blue.

Diana Taurasi has led the WNBA in scoring the past four years, and five of the last six.Congratulations to her but I'm very angry at Atlanta Coach about this. :mad: She doesn't let Angel play and score more points in last 3 games.(Atlanta already clinched the play-off spot) She could be the leading scorer of regular season. :teach: On the other hand, Phoenix Coach let Diana use 19 balls in Seattle game and tonight he kept her in game until she secured the first spot in the leading scorers. Atlanta coach should have helped Angel McCoughtry, :hit: