World Cup 2011

• thank you Bella, you always make me feel better and less stupid :lol:
    Pereyra disappoints me most of the time... the other day against Serbia he did a nice match but I guess it's only because Serbia was bad :lol: he seems the one that suffers the most the pressure of important matches and gets nervous easily, omg :/
    seems to me that Ivan is getting better any time I see him play. I was really impressed today, I hope that he will be n1 instead of Pereyra very soon (I guess that the specific work he's doing now instead of playing for a team is really helping him...)

anyway thank you people, it was the first time I saw Italy winning against Brazil, in 2003 I maybe even saw it but I can't remember (my first volleyball memory is the Ech in 2005 lol), so it was so awesome :)

Yes! Ivan will be a key player in this team, like his colleague Facu or Luciano! I am absolutely team IVAN. :lol:
    Btw, after watching 3 matches of Argentina, I became more and more into Captain Rodigro. He is really great because he takes most of the hard jobs. Today all the teams know they should serve to captain but Rodigro handle the reception very well. Besides he spiked hard balls as many as Facu. Now I understand why Argentina is getting better after Rodigro took the captain place. He is indeed somebody.

• Dante not only makes Brazil stronger, it makes them more spectacular to watch. I hope he will return to the game, Brazil needs ballance between defensive and powerful OHs IMHO

• I disagree!. I think Japan's uniform is the most eye-catching. It looks so modern!. :thumbup:

• 5pts after 3 matches, not that bad :D

This tournament is a kind of preparation for Velasco, that's why he substitutes regularly. it worked against Serbia but didn't work against Cuba. he's already announced that he will change 2 players for the next match. to me these 2 players played OK against Serbia but he wants to put them out of the 12 men roster to test other players ! :S

• Dante wont play today still! :(

They made a test in the trainings in the morning but he still felt pains, so still no idea when he is coming back!

Big big lost for todays match! I fell Brazil will have many problems against Russia. :(

• I guess BRA will take 1st set.
    Disappointed by RUS: Butko plaing poorly, easily read by the opponents;
    RUS team does not appear 'on fire', too quiet ....
    PS: BRA won 1st set.. :wavy:

• Im so happy for Brazil!!! :) They did much better today, specially Giba!!! :super: And Murilo! I confess I was really afraid for Dante abstence today....but Guiba and Murilo worked very well (but I still hope Dante come back soon!!!!hehehe)

I still dont understand why Marlon is the starting setter! :huh: clearly the team plays much better with Bruninho! Anyway, congrats guys! Good job!
    We made few mistakes..and had patience.

I would give the MIP to Giba, a long time I dont see he making a game this level....but with Serginho is in good hands, he is incredible.

Russia definetly didnt play well specially cause their service, dispite some moments, didnt enter...like you guys wrote many mistakes over all.

• I still dont understand why Marlon is the starting setter! :huh: clearly the team plays much better with Bruninho!

Marlon takes no risk in his setting so he is more predictable, but he makes almost no mistakes. I think that's why Rezende starts with him just to keep the level equal until the second technical timeout when he substitutes him with Bruno. Bruno comes fresh so he is not expected to make mistakes and he sets more unpredictable which will eventually be in benefit for Brazil.

Before his tactics were to pull out the risky Bruno and Vissoto at the end of every tight set and put Marlon and Wallace. More safety in the most important points. I think now his tactics is to hit the opponent and build a lead in the points from 16 to 20.

But that's only my opinion...

• Poor Russia got destroyed. :D
    I wonder why would anyone expect Butko to play great? He is less than average., passing to the opposite almost all of thet time. It worked during WL final where Mikhaylov did all of the hard work but today he got stopped by the brasilian block-defense easily.