Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Stuttgart's coach Jan Lindenmair says she proved great potential as Opp in her French club, so he wants to use her that way as well.

You are right, I just read the article at their homepage :win:

• KSC Berlin will announce their team in the next few days. They have signed 7 players and are waiting for 4 more players to send back the signed contracts. Steffi Golla, Ann-Marie Knauf, Lucie Vesela and Kourtney Edwards will not be in the team anymore. Golla and Edwards were very important players last season, I wonder where they will go...

• Allianz Volley Stuttgart signs Bulgarian setter Lora Kitipova, Spanish-Argentinian OH Silvana Olivera, Dutch MB Deborah Van Daelen (she will probably play as Opp) and young German players Lena Gschwendtner (L), Alessandra Jovy-Heusser (MB) and Svenja Engelhardt (OH). The club also wants to sign Serbian OH Jelena Vulin, there are still some details to settle but she will probably come.
    Nadja Schaus and Kim Renkema did not renew their contracts. Evelyn Delogu, Franziska Bremer and Tatjana Zautys will stay.

i'm surprised about Olivera. not sure that she's better than Renkema.

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• i'm surprised about Olivera. not sure that she's better than Renkema.

The club wanted to keep Renkema, but she refused their offer. Stuttgart's coach wants to have another OH in addition to Olivera, Engelhardt and Vulin (?) but probably the club won't have money for that because they still need a 2nd setter and a 3rd MB.

• Barbara Garcia Duarte will stay another year in Köpenick. I think Alicja Leszczynska will stay there as well, she was on photos of the presentation of Köpenick's new main sponsor together with Garcia.

Management of Schwerin said their team is almost complete, they're only looking for another attacker. They will have 12 or 13 players and the main goal will be to defend the champion title and do well in ECL. I hope they'll present their team soon...so far, the only sure players are Anne Buijs, Lousiane Souza Ziegler and Quinta Steenbergen.

• Barbara Garcia Duarte will stay another year in Köpenick. I think Alicja Leszczynska will stay there as well, she was on photos of the presentation of Köpenick's new main sponsor together with Garcia.

Management of Schwerin said their team is almost complete, they're only looking for another attacker. They will have 12 or 13 players and the main goal will be to defend the champion title and do well in ECL. I hope they'll present their team soon...so far, the only sure players are Anne Buijs, Lousiane Souza Ziegler and Quinta Steenbergen.

Thomsen, Hanke and Brandt already renewed for next season, right? So they are sure as well.

• Thomsen, Hanke and Brandt already renewed for next season, right? So they are sure as well.

Did they? :S I'm not sure...I just know Hanke's contract expired after the season, but I don't remember any news about renewing...

About Renkema, seems like Potsdam is building a stronger team than in the previous seasons. They already have Kathy Radzuweit and Nikol Sajdova as MBs, now Renkema and the other OHs Dörfler and Zülow also are not that bad, and I heard they are interested in another OH from abroad (but that is still not official, but would be a good transfer if she comes), so now they just need a good setter and Opp, seems like Fresco will indeed leave, she is no longer in the roster on Potsdam website.

• Matthias, which club does Geerties play for? Does she have a chance to play in starting six?

I think she is the future of German NT on OH position. She seems quite strong and can play well beside Brinker instead of Beier or Matthes.I watched her both in ECH and WCH in junior category and I must say I am impressed by her. Her reception doesn't look so good but she is so young so she can improve. I would like to see her in NT as soon as possible.And there isn't any meaning to play with Beier anymore. Germany needs a young OH who can lead the team to Rio Olympics.

• Matthias, which club does Geerties play for? Does she have a chance to play in starting six?

I think she is the future of German NT on OH position. She seems quite strong and can play well beside Brinker instead of Beier or Matthes.I watched her both in ECH and WCH in junior category and I must say I am impressed by her. Her reception doesn't look so good but she is so young so she can improve. I would like to see her in NT as soon as possible.And there isn't any meaning to play with Beier anymore. Germany needs a young OH who can lead the team to Rio Olympics.

She is playing in VCO Berlin which consists only of Junior players. We have this project since about 10 years, every 2 years (and sometimes even more often) the Junior NT plays together as VCO Berlin in 1st league. The current Junior NT already played last season, mixed with some players from the previous generation. Unfortunately, in the last years there never was the complete JNT because some players are in other 1st league clubs, for example in Dresden are Magdalena Gryka, Lisa Stock and Juliane Langgemach, in Vilsbiburg Anna Pogany and Lena Stigrot, in Münster Alisha Ossowski. But Geerties is in Berlin and I am sure she will play in first six, she already was main player last season but got injured towards the end of the season, but I think she's recovered now.

• Jennifer Todd and Mirjana Djuric do not stay in Vilsbiburg. Todd leaves due to knee problems and the club couldn't negotiate successfully with Djuric.

Vilsbiburg signs Brazilian MB Cristina Alves as replacement for Todd. She played in Spanish league last seasons as far as I know.

• Jennifer Todd and Mirjana Djuric do not stay in Vilsbiburg. Todd leaves due to knee problems and the club couldn't negotiate successfully with Djuric.

Vilsbiburg signs Brazilian MB Cristina Alves as replacement for Todd. She played in Spanish league last seasons as far as I know.

And she was best blocker last 2 seasons, playing for Jamper Aguere and Universidad de Burgos. Good transfer! ^^

• Cristina Alves Oliveira Ferreira, middleblocker, 29 years old, 1.85m, played for Universidad de Burgos last season. From 2008 ´til 2011 she played vor CV Jamper Aguere where she was teammate of Renata Cristina de Jesus Benedito. So, they´re now back together in Vilsbiburg.

• SC Potsdam posted on their website that the news about signing Kim Renkema are "definitely wrong".

VT Aurubis Hamburg finally announced the transfer of Belgian OH Els Vandesteene from VDK Gent.

FINALLY !

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• It's not officially confirmed by our league, but a newspaper article quoting Friedrichshafen's manager says that DVL will be broadcasted next season by spobox.tv who already broadcasted matches in 2009/10. There also was an offer by Laola, but it would have been more expensive for our leagues and Laola demanded more rights (whatever that means...).
    In total, about 40 matches of men and women leagues will be broadcasted, so probably 1 per week during regular season and some more during playoffs.

Mirjana Djuric is playing next season in Norway or that area. She told me herself she wanna have a familylife with her boyfriend,who lives there. She said level of volleybalcompetion is very low there,but that's her choice, family is more important than her volleybalcarreer at this moment.

• I'll just post 100% confirmed players and in brackets very likely players...

Schwerin:
    S: (Denise Hanke), (Tanja Joachim)
    Opp: (Patricia Thormann)
    OH: Anne Buijs, Lousiane Souza Ziegler
    MB: Quinta Steenbergen, (Anja Brandt)
    L: (Lisa Thomsen)
    Coach: Teun Buijs

Dresden:
    S: Mareen Apitz, Magdalena Gryka
    Opp: Judith Pietersen
    OH: Martina Utla, Anne Matthes, Friederike Thieme, Katharina Schwabe
    MB: Robin de Kruijf, Stefanie Karg, Laura Heyrman, Juliane Langgemach
    L: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lisa Stock
    Coach: Alexander Waibl

Vilsbiburg:
    S: Lena Möllers
    Opp: Liana Mesa, Luise Mauersberger
    OH: Jana Franziska Poll, (Myrthe Schoot)
    MB: Renata Benedito, Cristina Alves, Celin Stöhr, Lena Stigrot
    L: Lenka Dürr, Anna Pogany
    Coach: Guillermo Gallardo

Münster:
    S: (Michaela Jelinkova), Tess von Piekartz
    Opp: Lonneke Sloetjes
    OH: Hana Cutura, Sarah Petrausch, Ines Bathen, Sina Fuchs
    MB: Andrea Berg, Lea Hildebrand, (Mindi Wiley)
    L: (Linda Dörendahl)
    Coach: Axel Büring

Hamburg:
    S: Femke Stoltenborg, Mareike Hindriksen
    Opp: Vendula Merkova, (Paulina Gomulka)
    OH: Sarah Ammerman, Els Vandesteene, Saskia Radzuweit, Julia Hero
    MB: Imke Wedekind, (Eva Michalski)
    L: Julie Jasova
    Coach: JP Staelens

Suhl:
    S: Marija Pucarevic
    Opp: Natalia Cukseeva, (Dominice Steffen)
    OH: Claudia Steger, Silvia Sperl
    MB: Ivana Isailovic, Anna Kalinovskaya, Christina Speer
    L: Stefanie Golla
    Coach: Felix Koslowski

Wiesbaden:
    S: Martina Viestova, Meredith Schamun
    Opp: Heather Meyers
    OH: Regina Burchardt, Ksenija Ivanovic, Steffi Lehmann, Anna Hoja
    MB: Micheli Tomazela, Julia Osterloh, Barbara Wezorke, Rebecca Schäperklaus
    L: Erika Carvalho
    Coach: Andreas Vollmer

Stuttgart:
    S: Lora Kitipova
    Opp: Deborah van Daelen
    OH: Tatjana Zautys, Silvana Olivera, Svenja Engelhardt, (Jelena Vulin)
    MB: Franziska Bremer, Alessandra Jovy-Heusser
    L: Evelyn Delogu, Lena Gschwendtner
    Coach: Jan Lindenmair

Köpenick:
    S: (Alicja Leszczynska)
    Opp: ?
    OH: (Ilona Dröger), (Sandra Sell)
    MB: Barbara Garcia Duarte
    L: ?
    Coach: Gil Ferrer Cutino

Aachen:
    S: ?
    OH: ?
    MB: ?
    Coach: (Stefan Falter)

Potsdam:
    S: ?
    OH: Josephine Dörfler, Anika Zülow, Lisa Gründing
    MB: Nikol Sajdova, Kathy Radzuweit
    L: Lisa Rühl
    Coach: Alberto Salomoni

VCO Berlin:
    S: Denise Imoudu
    Opp: Carina Aulenbrock
    OH: Jennifer Geerties, Nele Barber
    MB: Melanie Keil, Nadja Glenzke
    Coach: Han Abbing

Players who are likely to stay in German league but haven't signed anywhere yet:
    S: Doreen Engel
    Opp: Kristin Kasperski
    OH: Patricia Grohmann, Laura Weihenmaier, Pia Walkenhorst
    MB: Nadja Schaus
    L: Diana "Pitu" Castano