Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Who is She :?: Curious that She never had chance to be in POL NT.

Her maiden name was Ilona Farkowska. She is 32 years old, 1.79 tall and she plays in Köpenick since 2004, before that she was in some other German clubs and in Poland she played in Czestochowa but I don't know exactly when. Her husband is team manager of Köpenick. She is a very experienced and solid player but she never was on the level to play NT.

• Some transfer news and rumors:

According to a newspaper from Sinsheim, Vilsbiburg signed ex-Junior NT MB Celin Stöhr from VCO Berlin.

Lousiane Souza Ziegler (Hamburg) and Luise Mauersberger are likely to play in Schwerin next season. Souza Ziegler already played there in 2009 and her husband is from Schwerin; Mauersberger had an intensive talk with Schwerin's coach Teun Buijs after Sinsheim-Schwerin match recently.

VC Wiesbaden wants to keep both setters Viestova and Kaiser and several other players from the current roster.

Ramona Stucki (Potsdam) finished her career.

• Matthias, Souza Ziegler is an OH, right?

So probably one of the current OHs (Topic, Retzlaff, Buijs) would leave Schwerin?

Are there rumors about that?

• Matthias, Souza Ziegler is an OH, right?

So probably one of the current OHs (Topic, Retzlaff, Buijs) would leave Schwerin?

Are there rumors about that?

Yes she is OH and I also think probably someone else is likely to leave, but there are no details about that yet. I think we won't get any details before the season is over, the rumor about Souza Ziegler returning to Schwerin was written some time ago in a newspaper from Hamburg.

• 24. März 2012
    Hamburg - Münster 1:3 (22:25 / 25:22 / 22:25 / 24:26)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2186.pdf
    MVP: Mareike Hindriksen / Linda Dörendahl

19:30 Stuttgart - Dresden 1:3 (18:25 / 22:25 / 25:21 / 19:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2183.pdf
    MVP: Nadja Schaus / Robin de Kruijf

Lonneke Sloetjes suffered an ankle injury in 3rd set and is probably out for the rest of the season :( That will be very hard for Münster, her replacement Kasperski is not nearly as good as Sloetjes.

• Very sad news..not only for Münster but also for Dutch NT...

I wish you a very good recovery, Lonneke :flower: :flower: :flower:

• I just watched the scene and I must correct myself, seems it was a knee injury. She collided with a teammate in defense and was limping off the court. I really hope it's nothing serious :(

Thank you for your correction.

• On Münster's website is written that Sloetjes is seriously injured but no details yet.

Bad news also from Schwerin: a indoor athletics hall beside the volleyball hall where Schwerin plays their home matches burned down completely on Friday. The volleyball hall didn't suffer any direct damage but some smoke and especially the burnt smell also got inside there and it's not sure yet if it will be possible to play Schwerin-Suhl in that hall on Wednesday :S

• First surprise of the playoffs: in an incredibly intense 2,5 hours match Suhl beats Schwerin 3:2, 24:22 in tiebreak. I watched just the last two sets, both teams were fighting really hard, Suhl did great defenses. In the end of 5th set (starting from 13:13) both teams were extremely nervous and made a lot of serve mistakes. Schwerin had two match points around 20th point, Suhl had 8 or 9 and finished the match with a block against Mira Topic.

More info later when the other match Wiesbaden-Vilsbiburg is over.

• And Wiesbaden completes the day of surprises:

25. März 2012
    Suhl - Schwerin 3:2 (20:25 / 25:23 / 28:26 / 23:25 / 24:22)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2185.pdf
    MVP: Martina Utla / Patricia Thormann

Wiesbaden - Vilsbiburg 3:2 (25:21 / 20:25 / 18:25 / 25:18 / 18:16)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/Women/&2184.pdf
    MVP: Regina Burchardt / Mirjana Djuric

Dresden will be very happy about these results, if Schwerin and Vilsbiburg really get eliminated they are definitely the favorite for Championship.
    Vilsbiburg played with Liana Mesa as OH, looks like Schoot couldn't attack due to her shoulder injury.

Return matches plus possible Goldet Sets will be on Wednesday.

• Thank you for your correction.

My first thoughts was : Her knee,oh noooooooooooooooo. But I spoke to her teammate Tess right after match and she told me it was her ankle. On that moment she was visiting the hospital to see how bad the injury was. After that I had no more information about Lonneke.

• Matthias: happy 3500th posting anniversary ;)

My first thoughts was : Her knee,oh noooooooooooooooo. But I spoke to her teammate Tess right after match and she told me it was her ankle. On that moment she was visiting the hospital to see how bad the injury was. After that I had no more information about Lonneke.

Thanks for info, please keep us updated when you hear something.

Julia Retzlaff (captain of Schwerin) and Sabrina Ross (ex NT player, captain of Stuttgart) will finish their careers after this season. Retzlaff will get married in summer and work in tourism management, Ross will work in the management of her club.