Germany - DVL 2011/12

• Schwerin-Suhl (parts of 5th set and Golden set)

What a bad way to end Golden set :thumbdown: And shock for Schwerin after match point: in a celebration jump, Anne Buijs lands on a teammate's foot and twists her ankle :white: You can see it at 13'30 in the video. I hope it's nothing serious but the way she goes down in pain looks bad :(
    I hope the full match will be uploaded to Sport in Schwerin website later...

• Schwerin-Suhl (parts of 5th set and Golden set)

What a bad way to end Golden set :thumbdown: And shock for Schwerin after match point: in a celebration jump, Anne Buijs lands on a teammate's foot and twists her ankle :white: You can see it at 13'30 in the video. I hope it's nothing serious but the way she goes down in pain looks bad :(
    I hope the full match will be uploaded to Sport in Schwerin website later...

Anne :white: :white: :( :(

• There are fotos on Schwerin's facebook page, she seems OK there...at least there is no ice on her foot or something like that, so I hope there's no bad damage. It would be a quite annoying way to get injured...the same happened to Köpenick's setter Leszczynska in their last league match but she was OK, I hope the same for Anne.

• Dates for semifinals:
    Play-off-Halbfinale Frauen (Hinspiele)
    04.04. 19:00 Schweriner SC - Rote Raben Vilsbiburg (ARENA Schwerin)
    04.04. 19:30 USC Münster - Dresdner SC (Sporthalle Berg Fidel)

Play-off-Halbfinale Frauen (Rückspiele, Entsch. ggf. im Golden Set)
    07.04. 18:00 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg - Schweriner SC (Ballsporthalle Vilsbiburg)
    07.04. 17:30 Dresdner SC - USC Münster (Margon Arena)

In a press article from Münster is written that there is a small possibility that Sloetjes will be able to play in semifinal...

• a press article from Münster is written that there is a small possibility that Sloetjes will be able to play in semifinal

Could you give the link? :win:

I almost can't believe it though.Bänderriss-recovery normally takes a few months, right?

• If all 3 ligaments are torn recovery usually takes about 6 weeks, but if only one is torn it can be much faster. The fact that her injury didn't look spectacular at all could be a reason to be optimistic...Friedrichshafen's Opp Oliver Venno suffered an ankle injury that looked much more serious about 2 weeks before Cup final but he returned very quickly...

• If all 3 ligaments are torn recovery usually takes about 6 weeks, but if only one is torn it can be much faster. The fact that her injury didn't look spectacular at all could be a reason to be optimistic...Friedrichshafen's Opp Oliver Venno suffered an ankle injury that looked much more serious about 2 weeks before Cup final but he returned very quickly...

Thanks.

We will see :win:

• Lousi Souza Ziegler wants to return to Schwerin next season, but her contract with Hamburg is valid until 2013 so Schwerin has to buy her out of the contract. It should only be a formality though...
    JP Staelens (Hamburg coach) is already planning the team for next season, he says he already decided which players won't get a new contract and he has some interesting candidates for next season. Hamburg will play in Challenge Cup then.

Kim Staelens will play in Wroclaw next season.

Sinsheim decided to apply for 1st league license despite their problematic financial situation. Their sponsors are working on a concept to make it possible for the team to play 1st league.

Full match Schwerin-Suhl from QF is now online at http://sport.inschwerin.de/ :)

• Lousi Souza Ziegler wants to return to Schwerin next season, but her contract with Hamburg is valid until 2013 so Schwerin has to buy her out of the contract. It should only be a formality though...
    JP Staelens (Hamburg coach) is already planning the team for next season, he says he already decided which players won't get a new contract and he has some interesting candidates for next season. Hamburg will play in Challenge Cup then.

Doesn´t Ziegler want to go back to Schwerin because her friend lives there?

Andreas Vollmer, head coach of Wiesbaden, said he wants to keep most of the players. Starting this monday, Vollmer will talk with every player and tell everyone the impressions he got during the season. "As far as i´m concernded, there will be no big changes regarding the roster", the 45-year old said.
    Wiesbaden is looking for a middle blocker as a super sub, substituting for Pan Hong, who returned to China in January. They are probably also looking for a new libero.

• Robin de Kruijf and Judith Pietersen will also stay in Dresden for 2012-2013 season :)

Congratulations, girls :flower: :flower:

• Robin de Kruijf and Judith Pietersen stay another year in Dresden :)

In Suhl, Pucarevic, Isailovic and Steger still have a contract for next season and the club wants to keep most of the team together in its current form.

Lonneke Sloetjes will start training today for Münster, but it's questionable if she will be able to play on wednesday. Her coach says he won't take any risk concerning her health. Also MB Andrea Berg couldn't train until today since the last match because of knee problems, and her backup Mindi Wiley suffered a hand injury in training yesterday. Probably both will be able to play on wednesday anyway.

• will german teams participate again on ECL next season ?

If so, how many teams will take part ?

Germany has one spot in CL, this year Dresden received a wild card so we had two teams. Dresden would surely play again if they get the chance, also Vilsbiburg is interested in playing CL. Schwerin is not sure about it because of the huge financial demands of CL.

• Germany has one spot in CL, this year Dresden received a wild card so we had two teams. Dresden would surely play again if they get the chance, also Vilsbiburg is interested in playing CL. Schwerin is not sure about it because of the huge financial demands of CL.

I think CEV will increase the teams spot , because they get money from them. So I am wuite sure, that besides Russia, Italy, Turkey, Poland will have 3 teams, France and Germany 2 and the others 1. So we have approx. 20 teams, which is not bad