South American Championship 2011

• The one exciting thing about the tournament is that it will decide who gets the 4th vice champion spot for the World Cup. The match between Peru and Colombia will be the biggest match for the Peruvians' hopes of qualifying. If they win, they'll probably end up facing Argentina in the crossover and have a good shot at beating them. If they lose, they'll finish second in the pool and have to play Brazil in the crossover which ends their qualifying dreams. Colombia has 3 fantastic pin hitters in Pino, Montano, and Ampudia. We'll see if they can pull off the upset.

• If they win, they'll probably end up facing Argentina in the crossover and have a good shot at beating them.

Oh, I don't know. Before the GP, I'd expect a balanced match between Peru and Argentina. After, I'd call Argentina a clear favorite. Unless Peru can pull a Germany

• Haha, I was trying to be optimistic for the Peruvians. By "good shot" I meant that it was a possibility where as they have absolutely no hope in beating Brazil. But you're completely correct, they were pretty awful at the WGP.

• the volleyball level in south america is patetic...boring game...glad European Championship is also going on!!!hehehehehe

lol... you know that even being boring I still missed last night when SporTV didn't show brazilian game.
    I swear I listened them saying they would show the games...

• Brazil - Chile : 3-0 (25-8, 25-9, 25-9)

Argentina - Paraguay: 3-0 (25-6, 25-10, 25-17)

Peru U-20 - Uruguay : 3-0 (25-13, 25-13, 25-13)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• what i like seeing here is fe garay almost securing her spot in the first six. she's playing so well. although it might be because their opponents are nowhere near their level...

• 09.30 results

Chile vs Paraguay 3-0 (26–24, 25–20, 27–25)
    Brazil vs Argentina 3-0 (25–19, 25–10, 25–8)
    Colombia vs Uruguay (25–13 25–10 25–22)
    -------------------------------------

Preliminary Standings

Pool A

1. Peru 2-0
    2. Colombia 1-1
    3. Uruguay 0-2

Pool B

1. Brasil 3-0
    2. Argentina 2-1
    3. Chile 1-2
    4. Paraguay 0-3
    -------------------------------------

10.01 Semifinals

Brasil vs Colombia
    Peru vs Argentina

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Do u know if there are any livestream / livescore from the semifinals, Joana (or somebody else) ? :)

Sportv will broadcast the final tomorrow. You can find live stream in internet.

Or u can also follow here I believe - http://www.teveperuana.org/

Brasil won today semifinal against Colimbia 3x0 (25/18, 25/7, 25/20)...so qualified to World Cup 8o shocking... :whistle: :P

• Sportv will broadcast the final tomorrow. You can find live stream in internet.

Or u can also follow here I believe - http://www.teveperuana.org/

Brasil won today semifinal against Colimbia 3x0 (25/18, 25/7, 25/20)...so qualified to World Cup 8o shocking... :whistle: :P

Thank you ! Wanted to see Peru - Argentina though, the final will be pretty boring I guess, when Brazil will win with how much they want...hehe

• Thank you ! Wanted to see Peru - Argentina though, the final will be pretty boring I guess, when Brazil will win with how much they want...hehe

I think the peruvian channel Frecuencia Latina is broadcasting the matches you can look for a live stream in the link above or in google, I think u can find it. ;)

• Argentina won the match against Peru 3-0. Korea therefore qualifies for the WC and Peru is out.

• Argentina beated Peru 3 x 0 and moved on to the final.

What does this mean for the WC spots? I'm a bit lost with all those rules about being this ranking or that ranking... This means Korea moves to the WC and Argentina is the worst ranked vice champion? (Assuming the obvious, of course.)