2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• He missed on an empty net after a great Kaziyski serve, then Cuba (don't remember who of the left-handers did it, either Cepeda or Hernandez) aced the set. It's very harsh to judge a player based on a sole action like this, but I guess there are some moments that are going to stay with Todor Aleksiev even after his career ends, unfortunately.

We've discussed mentality issues many times, as well as Bulgarian fallouts during the years. Just as a note to this game with Cuba at the WCH 2010, Bulgaria didn't surrender back then, played equally well, in my opinion, and eventually lost against a very, very strong Cuban team. Yes, we have issues, now it's not the time to reopen the old box. I couldn't watch the match yesterday, I will download it and probably rewatch it later. I read Konstantinov made some tactical mistakes, probably true, I don't know. However, scratching the team off the Final Six list of favourites is not totally fair yet. Yes, I don't like the way they play right now, I don't quite approve the whole list of 14 players and you might call me an optimist now, but if there's something I trust, it is Konstantinov's judgement, proven right many times. He said he doesn't like the display of his team and before departing to Poland he said he took the risk with the preparation in a way that Bulgaria might be in a better shape for the second phase of the tournament due to the program he chose. Whether it is true and whether it will pay off, we will see. What I will be more pleased to see now is a full-points win over China, as weird as it may sound. In the second round there's Germany, Finland, Cuba or Korea - all teams that could steal/give points from/to Canada. Besides, Canada is a one-man team, Schmitt is not going to make 30 points in every game. There's still a chance Bulgaria makes it, but indeed they will need to show us that the system and the preparation chosen by Konstantinov are both working.

:D

So my memory is still good :) Konstantinov did great job until he didnt return Skrimov after Toshko got blocked and Lewis's dig on his 2nd attack. I didn't said Bulgaria wont be among TOP 6 teams. I also believe in Konstantinov's judgement, he proved as a good coach in Surgut and Nizhny Novgorod but it's hard to change some "common" things in just few weeks.

• A little info about a protest of iranian fans during/after Iran vs. USA mach. A german online volleyball magazin is reporting:

" .... After the match, a female iranian fan took the opportunity for her political message during a tv interview. She was wearing a shirt "Iranian woman enter their stadiums"....."

The protest is about discrimination of woman in Iran in general and particularly that they were not allowed in the stadiums for iranian world league matches. The TV interview, for unknown reasons, were cut from the "on demand" version on sportdeutschland.tv.

http://volleyball.de/nc/news/d…es-spiels-iran-gegen-usa/

• Fortunately, The Iran volleyball federation website has informed that maybe Shahram Mahmudi could able to participate in the today's match which is going to face with FRANCE. tnx god, go ahead guys :-)))

• 22-15 France :pinch: :pinch: This set is already lost. Guys, I'm begging you, pull yourself together!

• Very shaky start from Iranian guys. Hopefully they manage to recover. Come on guys, get cracking!

• Hahahaha, Ngapeth :rolll:

I tuned in at the start of the 2nd set. I really like how this Iranian team plays. Not many jump serves (if any), but they somehow pile up points on their serve due to an organised block and an excellent defence. France are helping a lot with their poor play as well. of course. Probably the only one I'm not that impressed with is the 55-year old taxi driver setter who sometimes gives inaccurate sets (I'm conscious that my basis for forming an opinion is just 1 set, maybe I'll think otherwise at the end of the tournament).

And what about France... I think most of the damage is done by Ngapeth, he is like a plague for his team. His efficiency is way negative, somewhere near the absolute zero. His attack is appalling, his serves in the net and he gets red cards. I can't see why Tillie is keeping him in the field. And the other OH, his son is not impressive as well. So they're left only with middles and opposites. Where's the leftie Lyneel? Is he injured?

• Ok, both teams switched roles and now Iran crushed France and tied the game :D Hopefully guys can keep it up! Go guys! :super:

• Excellent 2nd set by the Iranian team ! But some over-zealousness form the 1st referee ... Red card for N'Gapeth wasn't necessary, eventhough his behaviour can be sometimes quite dubious ... A yellow card would have been perhaps more appropriate, as the French OH didn't show any outbreak of violence.

• Hahahaha, Ngapeth :rolll:

I tuned in at the start of the 2nd set. I really like how this Iranian team plays. Not many jump serves (if any), but they somehow pile up points on their serve due to an organised block and an excellent defence. France are helping a lot with their poor play as well. of course. Probably the only one I'm not that impressed with is the 55-year old taxi driver setter who sometimes gives inaccurate sets (I'm conscious that my basis for forming an opinion is just 1 set, maybe I'll think otherwise at the end of the tournament).

And what about France... I think most of the damage is done by Ngapeth, he is like a plague for his team. His efficiency is way negative, somewhere near the absolute zero. His attack is appalling, his serves in the net and he gets red cards. I can't see why Tillie is keeping him in the field. And the other OH, his son is not impressive as well. So they're left only with middles and opposites. Where's the leftie Lyneel? Is he injured?

Yes, I think Lyneel is still injured.

• Could you guys share some good quality streams? Mine kinda sucks...

Use sportdeutschland.tv ;) There is a thread somewhere here explaining the what's and how's.

Cheers for the info about Lyneel, MikeDomitia :drink:

Now France are more concentrated and use Ngapeth as little as possible. The results are visible.

Btw, while checking Nicolas Rossard on the official website I came accross his position - 'Unknown' 8| That's not very professional from the web admins, is it?

• Iran are (what a 14 year-old girl would say) a 'cute' team, but they really need to step up with their serves. When focused, the French receivers are having no trouble with the Iranian floats. And you have to pressure and shake the reception of such a team like France or hope that Ngapeth gets involved a lot.

Edit: Thanks, Kaziyski :drink:

• Thanks guys!

Use sportdeutschland.tv ;) There is a thread somewhere here explaining the what's and how's.

Btw, while checking Nicolas Rossard on the official website I came accross his position - 'Unknown' 8| That's not very professional from the web admins, is it?

He's not the only one! There are plenty of other players with "unknown positions" :huh:

Anyway, I really hope they finally stop taking truns in losing sets :sos: Iran, stop it already. Very shaky game...