2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Why is Muserskiy playing as an opposite now? Surely that's killing his knees?

Edit, now I see Moroz in the field. But Musersky was definitely defending in 1. What's Voronkov trying to do?!

He's using a different kind of sub and putting in Makarov + Volvich (as MB) and leaving Muserskiy as OPP, I think?

• OH! Moroz! He twisted his ankle! ;(

• Two bad injuries, a very unlucky second set. What happened to Moroz seemed very, very painful. Probably the most severe injury so far in the tournament, in my opinion. Yes, Muserskiy was rotated to spike as an opposite, Volvich was brought in to cover his usual position.

• I never understood people like you who expect fans to tolerate when players are not giving their best for their NT's and are saving it for their clubs, when they play without desire, without courage, without ambition. They wear the Bulgarian jersey and they OWE eveything to their country, to fight for it. We are not their mothers, we don't support them in crime.

No they don't. They pay their taxes in their countries and live under its laws. That's it. We're not in the 18th century anymore. You don't miss out summer holidays and time with your family while you work your ass out without getting paid for something as vague as 'your country'. Nationalism is a thing of the past and if it is still lurking aroung in some countries, it will eventually die out by the next 50-100 years. Whether you like it or not.

And yes, I'd totally understand if a player refuses to play for his/her NT so he/she can rest and have some more time with his/her family. And most of all, people who have done less for 'their country' cannot say a thing to them! They can just marvel at them, support them or keep quiet.

• Seems Moroz's ankle twist was quite bad - its not nice to see someone crying out like that in pain. At least Russia are well equipped to deal with such a problem because Muzersky is versatile - Brazil without Wallace... that's a big problem. Visotto cannot carry a game - and with only one attacking outside player and Murillo there for passing - it will now be hard for them to get through this.

• No they don't. They pay their taxes in their countries and live under its laws. That's it. We're not in the 18th century anymore. You don't miss out summer holidays and time with your family while you work your ass out without getting paid for something as vague as 'your country'. Nationalism is a thing of the past and if it is still lurking aroung in some countries, it will eventually die out by the next 50-100 years. Whether you like it or not.

And yes, I'd totally understand if a player refuses to play for his/her NT so he/she can rest and have some more time with his/her family. And most of all, people who have done less for 'their country' cannot say a thing to them! They can just marvel at them, support them or keep quiet.

I don't know why people still argue with him. What are you trying to achieve?

• I don't. There are only two links indeed. Finland-Bulgaria and Serbia-Iran I found in sportlemon, we won't watch them in sportdeutschland.tv today.

Gradinarov in the starting six for Bulgaria. Uros Kovacevic and Nemanja Petric starting for Serbia. Both countries with disappointing finish of this tournament, for Bulgaria even tragic. Now perhaps they will give a chance to all the players with less play time. Atanasijevic missed on an empty net in the first set, it's time they tried with Starovic, they are playing only for prestige now. Very calm and patient Iranians so far. They were close to missing the opening set, but a good block by Ghafour and a good counter attack did the job. They should push just a bit more and the less motivated Serbians will be done.

Brazil is destroying Russia at the moment. Moroz is not a man for these games. They will almost surely meet again and it will be a different game with Pavlov on the court.

Sentence executed!

• Those injuries show why you play such matches with your bench. There's basically no difference to Russia and Brazil whether they are first or second because the teams from the other group are fairly equal and it doesn't matter who will be first.

• Why is Muserskiy playing as an opposite now? Surely that's killing his knees?

Edit, now I see Moroz in the field. But Musersky was definitely defending in 1. What's Voronkov trying to do?!

this is bcoz Pavlov is not on the game list. when russia makes the double sub, they introduce volvich into the nominal opp position. muserskiy then moves into opp as soon as action starts and volvich goes into the middle.

• I don't know why people still argue with him. What are you trying to achieve?

Maybe you're right. My fault. I had to let off some steam and maybe I shouldn't have. I was annoyed by a similar incident where a swimmer was blamed for switching nationality to Turkish so she can continue to be a competitive swimmer and maybe achieve her dream.

Anyway, both Iran and USA lost their 2nd set, it's getting interesting now.