World Grand Prix 2012

• I think Thailand has beaten Cuba for the first time ever.Thailand has improved.Its a pity Thailand wont be in London.Onuma has played a very good tournament like Gözde.
    Final round has been terrible for Cuba.They have lost all the mathes 3-0.

• No, since Thailand won 3x1 over Cuba in olympic qualies for around 1 month ago ;) maybe it was the first one...dont know.

Used to beat them before that, but just a very few time, it always Cuba, but since this new team of Cuba, Thailand always won... But i see the bright future of Cuba, I Think they play really good, but they not much experience, This new team of Cuba will be very good in The Future for sure

• I am sad that Gözde won't get best spiker award :thumbdown: She had a great tournament and I wanted that award for her really much.%48 percent is really a good :super: Individual award will probably look like that

MVP: Megan Hodge ?
    Best Spiker: Cleger (CUB)
    Best Scorer: Megan Hodge(USA)
    Best Blocker: Thaisa Menezes(BRA)
    Best Server: Neslihan Darnel (TUR)
    Best Receiver: Gülden Kuzubaşıoğlu (TUR)
    Best Setter: Nootsara Tomkom(THA)
    Best Libero: Zhang Xian(CHN)

• No, since Thailand won 3x1 over Cuba in olympic qualies for around 1 month ago ;) maybe it was the first one...dont know.

No Thailand has beaten Cuba 4 times in a row. Twice at world grand prix 2011 last year and this year olympic qualification and again this time 3x0

• thx. How many times has Thailand attended wgp so far?

Since 2002 and they only missed 2007

• Cuba lost all matches 3x0 in final round, but still has 3/4 best spikers in the tournament so far :lol:

http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…BestPlayers.asp?Skill=SPK

nice to see setters as most effective spikers :lol:

• :rolll: :rolll:

Cuban players are on the top most of the time in Top Spikers catergory. Take a look at WCH 2006, WCH2010, OG 2004, and OG 2008. Except for OG 2004, you'd think that they are medallists. Proof that you can't win with power alone.

• Cuba always had great spikers.

Good win by Brasil over Turkey, Brasil did a blocking show is the last set.

• Since 2002 and they only missed 2007

Also they have the biggest disadvantage of height. Thai team has the average shortest players among every teams. The outside killer hitter Onuma is 175 cm and Chaisri 168( for a hitter super short) and captain wilawan 174 cm the tallest in the team is Plumjit MB 180 cm (still super short compare to other teams). They always have problems playing with much taller teams because they can’t block but they make it up with great defense, fast and vary attacks and great service. The main reason that made me become their fan is their spirit on court. They never give up always being cheerful and smile whether they win or lose. Such a great attitude and spirit they have. :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Malika could be taller than Wilavan.

I think Malika is 177 cm if i’m not wrong.

• I think Malika is 177 cm if i’m not wrong.

Too sad she got injured in the game of first set today and had to retire but they still won anyway.

• Cuba has many players who are good individually.. Let's start with Santos, her serves and attacks too, I think she is always here for her team, you see again she was Cuba's best scorer. Then Giel, I think she underperformed in this last matches because she is tired, she always scored 15+ points for her team. I like Silva too, she has a good serve and she hits so hard, I like her spirit too. Silie and Cleger are great players too, I especially like Sile's attitude, typical cuban.. screaming when she makes a block and hits the ball hard.. Their weakest point are their outsides, I know many love Palacio but I don't.. Cuba always had bad reception but they were getting away with it when there were hitters like Ruiz, Calderon, Carcases... Palacio and Salas are too weak.. I think they should improve their reception and use middles/combination plays more and they manage to win..