World Grand Prix 2012

• China USA Thailand and Turkey already advanced to the final round.Only 2 spots left ,who will get the last two tickets ? Cuba Germany Brazil or Poland. :dance4:

Cuba is nearly at final round because they are going to play PUR and they will likely beat Pur 3-0..and will have 19 points that is enough to have spot at final.
    Only Brazil and Germany....btw i forgot Poland...they may gather maximum 18 points like and Germany but Brazil can gather 19 points but they are going to play China..

• any Brazil live stream?

• I am really satisfied after today's performance against Japan. Our team warming up thoroughly day by day. Yesterday they also played great and today they continued this rhythm contributing of our bench players this time. I am almost speechless about our defence performance. Actually that quality defencing game against Japan that is known as one of the best defensive teams in the world means a lot for me.

This match is the best game of Japan i have watched in this WGP, especially considering first 3 sets. Congratulations both sides. :thumbup:

• What is the situation of Özge? When is she coming back ?
    Nilay defends like a libero ,so if she plays tomorrow we will have chance to see it .

She had an injury from both knees but what i understand from her twitter she feels much healthy now and currently she plays in European league.My prediction she will join to team after WGP finals or maybe Motta will keep her for finals.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I am really satisfied after today's performance against Japan. Our team warming up thoroughly day by day. Yesterday they also played great and today they continued this rhythm contributing of our bench players this time. I am almost speechless about our defence performance. Actually that quality defencing game against Japan that is known one of the best defensive teams in the world means a lot for me.

This match is the best game of Japan i have watched in this WGP, especially considering first 3 sets. Congratulations both sides. :thumbup:

Nazarlardan uzak. :whistle:

• Amazing dig from libero of Puerto Rico :white:

• Why Cabral isn't in play? Yonkaira Peńa is a kind of joke :aww: Dahiana Burgos is missing :call: ;( Why she ended career?

Polansd without setter, 4 points in a row :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• @Anton1989
    i remember that Gamova had said that she would retire from the Nt after London...am i mistaken? Probably she will leave because its time for her to have a baby... or to marry :thumbsup:

I would be very surprised if she said that....I have never read it. Gamovas life is volleyball so im sure she will try till the end, as long she can play on high level she will continue I belive.

• I can't imagine Gamova with a child

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• serdar

I wouldnt call it disrespect honestly. I just used my words in its context. I said "no success" since I compared with the goals from your fans, to achive a medal. Obviously in general a 6th place in a WCH as the best in last 9 yrs. is still a good achivement, but its no success if u compare to the contenders Turkey has in OG. I just wanted to calm down the expectations, nothing else. I apologize if I wasnt clear enough with what I meant.

• I can't imagine Gamova with a child

I agree, and I have never seen her with a bf either. It was rumors she had a bf before but she wanted to hide him, in a interview for a russian TV-channel with Godina, Borisenko and Gamova, and they had their bf´s there but Gamova said she will not show him for the public.

• Godina.... I know it is off topic but where is she now? Is she still playing? I remember her in the NT and I was little

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Godina.... I know it is off topic but where is she now? Is she still playing? I remember her in the NT and I was little

She ended her player career.

She retired last year as a player, she was assistant coach for Dinamo Moscow last season but defected in the end of the season.

• i meant leaving NT not leaving Volleyball. She will probably keep playing for Clubs..

But she will keep try play for NT as long as she can....maybe she will take a year off 2013 in NT but if she still has high level in 2014, she will for sure play in WCH that year. I dont think she will be there if she for ex. will be bench player, but if she is good enough to play she will be there.

• serdar

I wouldnt call it disrespect honestly. I just used my words in its context. I said "no success" since I compared with the goals from your fans, to achive a medal. Obviously in general a 6th place in a WCH as the best in last 9 yrs. is still a good achivement, but its no success if u compare to the contenders Turkey has in OG. I just wanted to calm down the expectations, nothing else. I apologize if I wasnt clear enough with what I meant.

It's not a healthy comparision for me coz teams like Turkey,Serbia was in a period which tried to adapt their young players to team last 4-5 years whereas Italy,Brazil,Russia,Japan prefered to play with their older generation.I think it's not logical to expect lots of sucesses at those period.Now Serbia,Turkey,Cuba,China have almost completed their young rosters and have already found their ryhtem with their young players and slowly successes are coming for them.For example Serbia won ECH,Turkey qualified to London from a very hard step.I think those teams will not have many problems in next 5-6 years whereas teams like Italy,Russia,Brazil,Japan will enter to period to rebuild their rosters after London with more young names,to summarize roles will change.I think USA did the smartest thing with continue with both of rosters.They will not have many problems either in future.

• Poland didn't have difficulties in winning with Dominican Republic 3-0 (25-16 25-19 25-14). Our girls played better than yesterday, we made many blocks and aces. Dominican Republic scored hardly and lost many points in horrible reception. Gina Mambru wasn't so good as yesterday - only 7 points, the biggest amount in DOM. They certainly missing good OH's: Rivera isn't in good shape and as I wrote earlier Yonkaira Peńa is a joke - not good in reception and weak in attack. Perfectly shows it that Cindy Rondon another time was in backrow in reception as OH :aww: Why Burgos retired? Castillo is unreplaceable, Caso was horrible and Hernandez is inexperienced. Also Annerys Vargas wasn't good today, Candida Arias has a big lack of technical skills. Why starters like Eve & Cabral didn't in play, is it resting before OG? Setters aren't good, both Echenique and Marte set many times to players, with our 2 or 3 players wall. I think it's time to change the coach :call: