Brazilian League 2012/2013

• [quote='Canter',index.php?page=Thread&postID=207521#post207521
    btw, Brazilian fans are happy with final's being played just over one match?[/quote]

maybe in last two years with 3-0 couldn't change the result, but this year with a 3-2 final game YES.
    I hope CBV use a good sense for the next season for SL become a better championship 8)

• thx for your sympathy for EcV :lol: :thumbsup: (EcV just lost against VB both in league and CL ;) )

btw, Brazilian fans are happy with final's being played just over one match?

Superliga final is broadcast live by Globo, the most popular brazilian tv. So, is the price you pay to have it. If CBV decides change it, Globo won't probably accept it.
    A lot of people here criticize Globo volleyball policy, but it's a long story. I think it won't change next years.

• thx for your sympathy for EcV :lol: :thumbsup: (EcV just lost against VB both in league and CL ;) )

:lol:

I just think from watching both teams this season, it will take almost all starters of Ecz to play their best or close to their best level to beat Vakif's usual very good form...

And if I get my usual wish (which is for both teams to play at their best), Vakif will have the edge because their maximum level is higher than Ecz's..

• Superliga final is broadcast live by Globo, the most popular brazilian tv. So, is the price you pay to have it. If CBV decides change it, Globo won't probably accept it.
    A lot of people here criticize Globo volleyball policy, but it's a long story. I think it won't change next years.

i see.

• :lol:

I just think from watching both teams this season, it will take almost all starters of Ecz to play their best or close to their best level to beat Vakif's usual very good form...

And if I get my usual wish (which is for both teams to play at their best), Vakif will have the edge because their maximum level is higher than Ecz's..

could be right.. ;)

• hx for your sympathy for EcV (EcV just lost against VB both in league and CL )

:D when brazilians complain about transfer news are just about turkish volley, you could handle to mention about eczacıbası here.Its because other teams are weak in the league compare with eczacıbası and vakıfbank is so much better than eczacıbası ;)

Btw i think european players should play in brazil where volley does not depend on just power or height on the contrary fast and smart sets,great digs the real things of volley.

• Congrats to the new champion ----> UNILEVER :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

• :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

I am so proud of Unilever...I think it will be hard to put in words! hehehehe

I was in the gym yesterday...after a looooong trip! I left Rio with Unilever supporters midnight saturday...almost 8 hours inside the bus to arrive to Sao Paulo..we watch the match and 14h we were already heading back home...arrived 21h sooo tired (come back celebrating all time can do that..hehe)...but it was so worth it! :)

We knew we didnt had the best team on paper but we also knew we could do it..Unilever girls were really united for this...and they really have a genuine care for each other.

I must first of course Osasco players made the worse mistake a human being can make...they were arrogant...and after the second set they though they had already won...IT was clear to see in their faces. in the second to third set break...there was a kissing camera around the gym and the players from OSasco were fulling around kissing each other laughting (I guess they were also happy with the 2-0 reasult...but still they should be focous)...while Unilever playrs were still believing.

I think there was a crussial talk in that break for Unilever players...Amanda, our sub oh called all the players...and even Bernardinho stayed quite to listen to her. She gave them a motiviational speach Im sure of it. and the girls fought! with ehart. I know they were trying also in the first two sets...but it was just not working...

And I must say Bernardinho is a genius! Many people, including me maybe, complained of all the chances he gave to Natália during season..when she was not plaing well, that Gabi and Regis should have a chance..but he trusted her to give her confidence..and that worked amazing in the final..Natália was simply a beast in the gym yesterday! She was so into it...also after the first sets keep believing in Gabi, she is only 18, and of course she felt the begining of the game..there is to much pressure involved. So, he is a genius...and Fofão, who lied about her pains in the leg so she played yesterday..she didnt have conditions to play..but she did it anyway...this group is so deserving of the championship. Sarah was amazing also..she lead the team when needed and did an amazing final match.

Im proud of Unilever..not for the result (though it is amazing..16 season...13 finals, 8 titles), but for the values Unilever always carry with the project, staf, players, supporters...the posture and ethic this team has is amazing.

They were so happy for the win..I think I never saw Bernardinho so happy after a game. :) And they were happy for each other..it was beautiful. ^^

BTW, for those who asked..Logan was in the awarding cerimony. ;) She was not only recieving the medals..cause there were only 12 medals for those who were inside court at the time..so Logan, Luciane and Ju Perdigão couldnt participate...but during the trouphy deliver she was there. ;) while waiting she danced with some kids that were going to give the girls the medals..hehehe it was funny.

And about Fofão...she wants to stay playing and I think she will remain in Unilever next season..wait and see. ;) I think Unilever will try to resign with most of the players.

• BTW Fofão won the mvp award for the final game...but her and Fabi decided to give as a gift to Bernardinho after the game..

all the players went to celebrate the victory in a churrascaria. ;)

• i wonder what will happen if it was a 3, 5 or 7 game series will the results still be the same :lol:

• i wonder what will happen if it was a 3, 5 or 7 game series will the results still be the same :lol:

Im only sure every match would be a battle..it was like the hole season...3 meetings...3 tie-breaks.. in this case I dont think the number of matches would define anything

We supporters dont like the final match one game also (could have a brazilian cup)...it is bad for the sponsors..it has to be played in "neutro" area..the supporters cant see their teams...not always the best team in standing get to play home. so sucks...

• i dont think it will exaxly be the same let's say it was a 5 game series it is hard for 2 teams to maintain a high level for 5 consecutive times probable 1st 2 matches close, next 2 blowout matches and the final a close one. regarding the championship winning it in this case cannot say that one team is the best of all because uni and sollys level are so near each other that it takes an unsung hero, a mental breakdown etc. for one team to win over the other 8)