Brazilian League 2012/2013

• :D when brazilians complain about transfer news are just about turkish volley, you could handle to mention about eczacıbası here.Its because other teams are weak in the league compare with eczacıbası and vakıfbank is so much better than eczacıbası ;)

Btw i think european players should play in brazil where volley does not depend on just power or height on the contrary fast and smart sets,great digs the real things of volley.

stop following me hejjdeu :mad: :lol:

• btw, i couldnt watch the final due to bad stream...now i have seen the supporters,wow! what an atmosphere! maybe better than Poland!
    i'll watch it as soon as possible.. :drink:

i nearly watched it i like Natalya's game but dont like Garay's.

• Brazilian ranking 2013/2014 : http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/super…OFICIAL_FEM_2013-2014.pdf

:woohoo: :woohoo: I'm so happy!!!
    ONLY FERNANDA GARAY, HERRERA AND TANDARA CHANGE THEIR RANKING...
    SARAH PAVAN WILL BE 7 TOO.
    I think Adenizia and Logan don't take 7 in the ranking because of their injuries in this season...

Silver Medal 2014 CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League - Women

Edited once, last by José ().

• btw, i couldnt watch the final due to bad stream...now i have seen the supporters,wow! what an atmosphere! maybe better than Poland!
    i'll watch it as soon as possible.. :drink:

i nearly watched it i like Natalya's game but dont like Garay's.

WE actually had the polish DJ in the gym Sunday! ;) It remind me so much of 2009 European Championship..hehehehe

• Unilever will play the South American club championship next 1º May! In Peru.

The players will have this week free and will start training next monday for the tournament.

Unfortunetly I think we wont be able to count with Logan Tom and Saraha Pavan! :( Seems both players contracts were only till this month, while the rest of the team has contract till next one.

But Bernardinho said: "Logan in injured soo she will definetly not be part in it. About Sarah we will avaliate still the conditions and talk about it this week."
    He also complained about the date of the tournament: "We are in a post-Superliga. There is a demobilization.We will need to play the South American with players who are already negotiating (with other teams). This is kind of pointless. Moreover, disrupts the pre-season "

• Brazilian ranking 2013/2014 : http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/super…OFICIAL_FEM_2013-2014.pdf

:woohoo: :woohoo: I'm so happy!!!
    ONLY FERNANDA GARAY, HERRERA AND TANDARA CHANGE THEIR RANKING...
    SARAH PAVAN WILL BE 7 TOO.
    I think Adenizia and Logan don't take 7 in the ranking because of their injuries in this season...

i dont get this point ranking system much... why LOgan Tom and Daimi Ramirez are 6 pts as Sarah Pavan 7 pts?

• i dont get this point ranking system much... why LOgan Tom and Daimi Ramirez are 6 pts as Sarah Pavan 7 pts?

probably the decision about Logan was the same about Adenizia, only cause their injuries in this season...
    Daymi never was so decisive like herrera was in the two past years...
    and Sarah together with Garay and Tandara were the main players of their teams,
    the TOP scorers and the best attackers in the tournament.
    ;)

• i dont get this point ranking system much... why LOgan Tom and Daimi Ramirez are 6 pts as Sarah Pavan 7 pts?

the rank is given in a reunion with all teams represents....each club gives each player a rank and the media of that is the rank they receive for next season. The teams though Sarah made a better season than the other foreigners (which is true)..so that is the reason.

But IF she stays in Unilever, she counts as 0 (for coming from aboard), she only counts 7 If other team signs her...as is the rule for all other player, remaining in clubs they keep their last ranking.

• i wonder why this ranking system cannot produce champions (in the past 8 years) beyond 2 teams or even finalists :tzz:

• i wonder why this ranking system cannot produce champions (in the past 8 years) beyond 2 teams or even finalists :tzz:

The ranking system will never be efficient while we dont bring other big sponsors to the league, cause the teams apart few can't pay for the big stars...

So while CBV dont fix the other problems in the League to attract more sponsors, the ranking is indeed useless in most sense.

• Didn't have the time to post something about the final due to my journey across the country to watch semifinal matches between Muszyna and Sopot.

Wow, what a match! Surely worth the final :box: How I missed brazilian league during that long break - that fire, the EMOTIONS, the atmosphere (you know, I have no idea what did you need Kulaga for. I mean, brazilian fans can create an atmosphere on their own, but... whatever. I'm not fan of his 'work', so...), Karine provoking fans to do some more cheering... :dance6:

Natalia was simply amazing and what Fofao said after the final just left me speechless:

"I was able to get to Juciely, but only the people who are there know what this girl passed this year. For me, it is very special as a player and as a person. I wish she would shut the game to see her happy with this latest attack. I looked at her and thought: "It is you who will define this game as you deserve." :obey: :obey:

The only thing that would make this final better would be Logan on court, if only for just a moment. Bernardo's comment on SACC and her injury suggest that this is way more serious that most of us imagined.

I wish Unilever's roster would stay mostly the same next season, but looks like there will be some changes.

Anyway, sunday was like a perfect day - Sopot, Unilever and polish NT won, all of them after the tie-breaks :lol: :super: If I survived that, I think I can now survive anything.

• The ranking system will never be efficient while we dont bring other big sponsors to the league, cause the teams apart few can't pay for the big stars...

So while CBV dont fix the other problems in the League to attract more sponsors, the ranking is indeed useless in most sense.

about the nt regarding the middle position due to the level of thaisa and fabiana there seems to be a consensus among some of my colleagues to think that right now there are no player yet from brazil who can play at their level and they cite fabiana being part of the senior tam at the age of only 18 years old do you believe in this? do you believe that just because one is not a member at a young age automatically means that she is already incompetent? if not aside form bia and angelica who are the other mb's that might be top level players someday? :)

• Has Brasil just started to transfer foreign stars (hooker-Pavan-LOgan etc) ? or older than i thought?

Well, just to tell who played in Rio through the last few years:
    Tara Cross-Battle
    Chaine Staelens
    Francesca Piccinini (I think she's still the only italian player who played in Superleague)
    Erna Brinkman
    Cintha Boersma

Osasco:
    Natasha Osmokrović
    Danielle Scott-Arruda

Minas:
    Keba Phipps

Volei Futuro:
    Stacy Sykora
    Alisha Glass

Not to mention Ramirez, Herrera. There were probably some others, but that's all I can remember for now.

• None of Unilever players has contract for next season. ;( Bernardinho said they'll try keep the most important ones. Keep Natália and Gabi are their priorities. :win: I think it's unnecessary say that Fabi will stay. Bernardinho and Fabi are Unilever heritage. ;) If they decide leave Unilever close doors. :)
    He criticized agents cause at this moment they'll try take advantage from the clubs. :down: He said that is bad for future market security cause overrate players economically.

http://www.gazetaesportiva.net…o-almeja-manter-base.html

• Has Brasil just started to transfer foreign stars (hooker-Pavan-LOgan etc) ? or older than i thought?

I started to follow volleyball since 2010 World Championship only. So I'm not the most appropriate person to talk about it. I think joanamass can answer better. Anyway, as far as I know Logan Tom has played here in 2003. MRV/Minas was her first club after Stanford University. Francesca Piccinini played here season 1998/1999. Brazil was probably the only country to have the pleasure to watch her playing abroad. I guess both weren't volleyball stars those times.

In addition to estranged comment, I can remember Cristina Pirv (seasons 97/98, 99/2000, 01/02) and Regla Bell (season 2009/2010). Regla came to play but São Caetano coach decided not put her on court.