2012 Olympic Games

• Best scorers today Goncharova 33p and Gamova 31p :)

It is amazing indeed. It's not very often that two players from the same team would score that much! :thumbup:

• And now ...
    Go Marta and Greta !!!

• I just realized something: there's definitely gonna be an asian team in the F4, cause Japan's gonna face either China or Korea. The other will meet Italy. Interesting, huh? Who expected that? I kinda hope Japan faces Korea, cause then, I believe it's gonna be a very balanced match. Usually Japan doesn't do very good against China.

• Best scorers today Goncharova 33p and Gamova 31p :)

It reminded me the system of Russia at Athens :lol: Sokolova and Gamova were the unique scorers and whole team were trying to help them in other elements :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• QF2 ITA-JPN 07AUG

That can't be right, can it? They haven't done the drawing of the lots yet.

• although i want turkey to advance to quarter-finals, i would like to see goncharova hitting against brazilian blcok

Block? We don't have it :whistle:

• I just realized something: there's definitely gonna be an asian team in the F4, cause Japan's gonna face either China or Korea. The other will meet Italy. Interesting, huh? Who expected that? I kinda hope Japan faces Korea, cause then, I believe it's gonna be a very balanced match. Usually Japan doesn't do very good against China.

Don't forget the small, yet existing chance that Turkey takes 3 pts from USA and moves ahead of Korea ;)

I really hope Japan and Korea will NOT meet in QF because I don't think either of them deserves to be in SF :S

• And I'm pretty sure teams from the same pool cannot meet in QF.

That's what I also thought as well :lol:

• Don't forget the small, yet existing chance that Turkey takes 3 pts from USA and moves ahead of Korea ;)

I really hope Japan and Korea will NOT meet in QF because I don't think either of them deserves to be in SF :S

That's right. There's that possiblity yet. But I don't actually think China is more deserving of those two. Japan, I expected them not to be so strong in this competition, but they at least seem to be more consistent than China and Korea.

• Congratulations, Russia.

Well, they'll face Turkey or Brazil. :box:

• QF games are not 1A / 4B and so on :white: :white: :white: :white: :white:

• QF games are not 1A / 4B and so on :white: :white: :white: :white: :white:

1a vs 4b and 1b vs 4a are sure to meet. as said earlier, there will be a drawing of lots for the rest.

• On Kim cooking for her teammates:
    "Yes I've been cooking and last night we ate Korean food because it makes us strong. Before the China game we ate Korean food. We'll do the same tonight. Our favourite is kimchi."

She's so cute she can't help it. :heart:

• That's right. There's that possiblity yet. But I don't actually think China is more deserving of those two. Japan, I expected them not to be so strong in this competition, but they at least seem to be more consistent than China and Korea.

Their consistency is very hard to judge, they lost the only really challenging matches in their pool 1-3 against Italy and Russia and even though the results were rather close, during the matches I never had the impression that Japan had a realistic chance to win. I agree that China is inconsistent, but their best level is better than Japan's and Korea's best level, and IMO for that level they need to have Chu and Zeng on court but I don't expect it coming, at least not from the start.

But anyway, all teams apart from USA have weaknesses, but we will need 3 more semifinalists :lol:

• Don't forget the small, yet existing chance that Turkey takes 3 pts from USA and moves ahead of Korea ;)

Then who deserves it more if not Korea? I agree with japan though.

• Then who deserves it more if not Korea? I agree with japan though.

And why do they deserve it? They played a great match against Brazil, no doubt about that, but in the other matches they were not really outstanding. Kim is one of the best players in the world, but in the last matches she looked a littler weaker than in the first, Han only played well against Brazil, Kim Sa Nee is a great setter, but the others are not world class players.

• In the Italy and Russia matches versus Japan I thought they looked very over matched. Japan can make defensive saves all day but if they can't score off of those defenses it isn't much use. Their middle blockers were not very effective on offense and when the block stacks on Saori/Ebata/Sakoda they all have trouble consistently scoring. If Korea is able to pass better than they did in the last few matches I think they have a stronger overall attack. However, the Japanese/Korean rivalry is a big as it gets and Japan always elevates their game.

• 1a vs 4b and 1b vs 4a are sure to meet. as said earlier, there will be a drawing of lots for the rest.

Ok :drink:
    so draw for 2nds and 3rds