2012 Olympic Games

• :lol: :lol: :lol: 2016 and Gamova?

Why not? Scott is 40 and still plays in OG, so why should Gamova not do it with 36? She doesn't have a family like Sokolova and Estes and she never took a year off from NT and she never had any serious injury, so I can imagine she will continue unless she wins the Gold she wants to much already this year.

• Hooker touched the antene not Esra,Logan's spike was out,Polen's tip was proper,some sets of Berg's was faulty ( how to say in english= setting ball in a faulty way,ball handling?))..and some of these came as the score was close in second set)...

2 words: MOVE ON :rolll:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I strongly disagree. Right, Hooker touched the antenna, but something like that is very difficult to see for the referee, and it's not like it happened at 23-23. Polen clearly reached over the net on that one ball that the referee decided against her, so everything alright. And I do not remember any foul set of Berg, and in general referees are very generous with technique nowadays, so no need to complain. Özge is pretty much the only setter in the whole tournament who managed to get more than one ball handling error call...

there must be a hawk eye system...it was annoying two mistakes back to back...the score was 11-11 or 11-12 then 11-14 and...i stick to my opinion Berg's set was faulty:one or two times..

• I strongly disagree. Right, Hooker touched the antenna, but something like that is very difficult to see for the referee, and it's not like it happened at 23-23. Polen clearly reached over the net on that one ball that the referee decided against her, so everything alright. And I do not remember any foul set of Berg, and in general referees are very generous with technique nowadays, so no need to complain. Özge is pretty much the only setter in the whole tournament who managed to get more than one ball handling error call...

Correct!

Turkey got defeated by the world #1, plain and simple. No help from the referee or anyone.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Correct!

Turkey got defeated by the world #1, plain and simple. No help from the referee or anyone.

Do you have some doubts about Usa team?? relax, i never claimed that we could beat usa team.Their defence block system is the best at the moment...they have as great spikers as the others have but the defence and block sytem makes a huge difference to them<...

• Why not? Scott is 40 and still plays in OG, so why should Gamova not do it with 36? She doesn't have a family like Sokolova and Estes and she never took a year off from NT and she never had any serious injury, so I can imagine she will continue unless she wins the Gold she wants to much already this year.

Scott is a black player...Black ppl have some advantages comparing to white ppl.And Scott is a middle blocker and dont play a lot.Yes Gamova could be the second OPP for Russia at 2016 thats all.Gamova is a tall player and by years go, she will be slower and slower..

• i hope this trend will continue

Rus v Bra 2006 WGP Russia lose and win the WCH

Rus v Bra 2007 WGP Russia wins and lose against Bra in OG

Rus v Bra 2009 WGP Russia lose and wins the WCH 10

Rus v Bra 2011 WGP Russia lose and __________??

• Scott is a black player...Black ppl have some advantages comparing to white ppl.And Scott is a middle blocker and dont play a lot.Yes Gamova could be the second OPP for Russia at 2016 thats all.Gamova is a tall player and by years go, she will be slower and slower..

And also Gamova is not playing as good as in 2010.

• And win that match!
    Because I don't see what can do Russia against China or USA.

• Rus v Bra 2011 WGP Russia lose and lose bronze medal for SRB... :whistle:

• And also Gamova is not playing as good as in 2010.

I expect that we will see her true performance in the decisive matches, she always shows her best in those. And with having Goncharova by her side, it's simply not necessary for Russia that Gamova scores 30+ in every match, but as she showed against Italy she still can do it.

• yes i'm truly scared..and i will stop watching the olympics if ever they are eliminated....
    i wanna see Smiles in the face of Sokolova and Gamova especially on Artamonova in the end of this Games...

Brasil could eliminate Russia but seems Russia plays better.Generally Gamova likes playing against Brasil.i wonder how Goncharova will play against Brasil? Sokolova is still a good player but not as in the old days but she still can contribute to Russian Team.i dont have any idea about what Estes can do against Brasil.I have never watched her matces before.i know she is one of the best players in volleyball history but i havent watched her games a lot so i dont know what she can..

• I expect that we will see her true performance in the decisive matches, she always shows her best in those. And with having Goncharova by her side, it's simply not necessary for Russia that Gamova scores 30+ in every match, but as she showed against Italy she still can do it.

if Russia can play final Usa then i truly want Gamova to score 30+...

• I think Russia will lose to Brazil.. although they are playing better now, Brazil is Brazil and they know how to play when in really is important.. but we'll see

• Brasil could eliminate Russia but seems Russia plays better.Generally Gamova likes playing against Brasil.i wonder how Goncharova will play against Brasil? Sokolova is still a good player but not as in the old days but she still can contribute to Russian Team.i dont have any idea about what Estes can do against Brasil.I have never watched her matces before.i know she is one of the best players in volleyball history but i havent watched her games a lot so i dont know what she can..

let's see... about artamonova (estes).. i'm was too young to watch her in the 19's but i DO have some videos of 19's games, from my uncle who's a sport collector, plus the 2000 olympic games.

but at her prime:

power: have you seen natalia pereira's power? make it times two and make it high set, VERY high set, with the whole arm swinging over any block. for me, sokolva might be the best all-around attacker but when it comes to power alone, artamonova is unmatched, the only player the cubans (torres and company) failed to neutralized in 2000.
    block: it's a standard in karpol's roster... so YES, she's a monster blocker as well
    reception: 100% perfect
    serve: as good as elena godina (and that's something!)

the only thing she's missing is digging but given her height that's ok. so YES, one of the best indeed!

• that was AGES ago though. so yes... i don't know what she'll do against brazil.... :dance6: :rolll:

• what about now? her reception,serve,spike?