2012 Olympic Games

• Why not? Scott is 40 and still plays in OG, so why should Gamova not do it with 36? She doesn't have a family like Sokolova and Estes and she never took a year off from NT and she never had any serious injury, so I can imagine she will continue unless she wins the Gold she wants to much already this year.

After this quadrennial, I think Gamova should be only called in important tournaments like WCH and Olympics. Of course, she has certainly done a lot and can still do just a little bit more for Russia but she won't be in NT forever so Russia has to learn not to rely on her always in future games.

• Scott is a black player...Black ppl have some advantages comparing to white ppl.And Scott is a middle blocker and dont play a lot.Yes Gamova could be the second OPP for Russia at 2016 thats all.Gamova is a tall player and by years go, she will be slower and slower..

Please, "Gamova is a tall player and by years go she will be slower and slower". But u know what? All people in the world gets slower after they turn around 30. Its not about if she´s 204cm or 164cm, and Gamova have always been slow and never relied on speed or jumping skills anyway, so a player like Gamova who scores a lot due to her tecqnique and height - that she will always have no matter age - honesly can keep to play in a very high level for long time, longer than most other players, as long she just can prevent getting injured. Its easier to get injured when you´re so tall, but just as Matt already said, its never been a problem for her, which is quite extraordinary I think.

• Please, "Gamova is a tall player and by years go she will be slower and slower". But u know what? All people in the world gets slower after they turn around 30. Its not about if she´s 204cm or 164cm, and Gamova have always been slow and never relied on speed or jumping skills anyway, so a player like Gamova who scores a lot due to her tecqnique and height - that she will always have no matter age - honesly can keep to play in a very high level for long time, longer than most other players, as long she just can prevent getting injured. Its easier to get injured when you´re so tall, but just as Matt already said, its never been a problem for her, which is quite extraordinary I think.

i know its your wish but its not only about velocity but about techique's regression, jumping lower,losing power.....all these parameters are affected by time going by.Btw, i dont claim Gamova will be Bulgarian Boteva.. :lol:

Gamova can play for Russian NT,no problem for me,but the problem is that Russia cant rely on these players till the end:Oh pls Estes 37
    ,Luba 35,Gamova 32....and Russia should raise new playes up for the NT....it would be absurd if Russia play with Gamova+Luiba at 2016..... :lol: :lol:

• Congratulations girls :thumbsup: Even though we couldn't manage to play QF, it is a big pleasure to be there even. The result would have been different if we were in other group. Anyway, I am honored to support you :super: :drink: I know that you will achieve to play in Rio as well. Most of the team's veterans will stop playing for NT but our only loss would be Gülden and maybe Neslihan(she is still 28 so I believe she will retire after Rio).

Thank you girls for what you have done in this tournament :super:

Now on, I will cheer for the best team in this tournament: USA :super: :super:

• i know its your wish but its not only about velocity but about techique's regression, jumping lower,losing power.....all these parameters are affected by time going by.Btw, i dont claim Gamova will be Bulgarian Boteva.. :lol:

Gamova can play for Russian NT,no problem for me,but the problem is that Russia cant rely on these players till the end:Oh pls Estes 37
    ,Luba 35,Gamova 32....and Russia should raise new playes up for the NT....it would be absurd if Russia play with Gamova+Luiba at 2016..... :lol: :lol:

But thats exactly what im trying to say...Gamova losing a bit of her jump or a bit power isnt esp. big deal since she never relied on that anyway. But a player like Hooker will get hard to maintain her level while turning into her 30´s I guess.

Nobady has ever said Sokolova will play OG 2016 btw, because it will not happen. She is also 3 yrs. older than Gam. so in Rio 2016 she will be around Sokolovas age now.

• Congratulations girls :thumbsup: Even though we couldn't manage to play QF, it is a big pleasure to be there even. The result would have been different if we were in other group. Anyway, I am honored to support you :super: :drink: I know that you will achieve to play in Rio as well. Most of the team's veterans will stop playing for NT but our only loss would be Gülden and maybe Neslihan(she is still 28 so I believe she will retire after Rio).

Thank you girls for what you have done in this tournament :super:

Now on, I will cheer for the best team in this tournament: USA :super: :super:

Agree. They will come back powerfull in rio de jenerio :super:

• I believe that Turkey an Serbia gonna fight for medals in Rio 2016.

• Anton... what do you think Russia must do to beat Usa?

It will be very tough, and im not sure they will even beat Brazil. But if they do and gets a couple of more wins, they will be very strong with much confidence, and then I think they can be dangerous even for USA. The thing is that USA is much more stable than Russia, but I would say when Russia plays at its best, they are very close and I also think the match-up is pretty good. Hooker is impossible to stop for most teams, but when facing Russias very high block she can have a hard time. I think the main kee will be 2 stop Destinee as well as in WCH 2 yrs. ago, if they can do that, and Gamova/Goncharova/Sokolova attacks well, there is a good chance. Both Sokolova and Goncharova is very skillfull block-out players and with the early high hands at the net from USA I hope they can use that strength there, and be effective. Both Logan and Jordan lacks reach and can have trouble with scoring against the Russians too so its not a easy match-up for the americans honestly. In both defense/reception I just think they needs to maintain their level from group stage, it will be tough since USA serves very well for ex, but if they can make it, there is a chance.

• I remember starting a thread after the Beijing Olympics where we discussed the future and the prospects of top teams in the next Olympic cycle. The general consensus was that Russia was in a big trouble and that Brazil was going to keep dominating without anyone to stop them. :lol: You really never know what's going to happen.

• It will be very tough, and im not sure they will even beat Brazil. But if they do and gets a couple of more wins, they will be very strong with much confidence, and then I think they can be dangerous even for USA. The thing is that USA is much more stable than Russia, but I would say when Russia plays at its best, they are very close and I also think the match-up is pretty good. Hooker is impossible to stop for most teams, but when facing Russias very high block she can have a hard time. I think the main kee will be 2 stop Destinee as well as in WCH 2 yrs. ago, if they can do that, and Gamova/Goncharova attacks well, there is a good chance. Both Logan and Jordan lacks reach and can have trouble with scoring against the Russians too so its not a easy match-up for the americans honestly. In both defense/reception I just think they needs to maintain their level from group stage, or just a little bit better.

it seems to mea that if Russia reaches the final Goncharova wont play well and Russia will have to play with Gamova,Luba and Estes.As you said Larson and LOgan are controlable players at attack.Especially Logan isnt good at attak.Larson played in Russia.this could be an advantage and disadvantage.Our blockers were bad against Hooker but Hooker attacked mainly after a dig made by usa then Berg's finding her fast and attacking against single blocks...Russia is a better blocker team than us for sure.And i dont think Hooker has a great techique...Russia can stop her if serves well otherwise Berg's fast sets makes it impossible for Russia to stop her.stability will be the key.i dont want Usa to get the title easily...i want to watch a match ending with 3-2.

• I remember starting a thread after the Beijing Olympics where we discussed the future and the prospects of top teams in the next Olympic cycle. The general consensus was that Russia was in a big trouble and that Brazil was going to keep dominating without anyone to stop them. :lol: You really never know what's going to happen.

why do you think Serbia cant show her best performance?

• it seems to mea that if Russia reaches the final Goncharova wont play well and Russia will have to play with Gamova,Luba and Estes.As you said Larson and LOgan are controlable players at attack.Especially Logan isnt good at attak.Larson played in Russia.this could be an advantage and disadvantage.Our blockers were bad against Hooker but Hooker attacked mainly after a dig made by usa then Berg's finding her fast and attacking against single blocks...Russia is a better blocker team than us for sure.And i dont think Hooker has a great techique...Russia can stop her if serves well otherwise Berg's fast sets makes it impossible for Russia to stop her.stability will be the key.i dont want Usa to get the title easily...i want to watch a match ending with 3-2.

I think if Brazil wins over Russia now the OG is dead and over, and USA will take the title. But if Russia wins there is a chance, since they are a more difficult matchup for them, both through playing style and since they never faced each other last 2 yrs., and that time Russia won, so they dont know how to beat them, and Russia will go strong into the match. Brazil has lost too many times in a row against USA now, that I feel the match will be lost already in their minds before the match starts. However, Russia is not stable at all and the Brazilians is always annoying and intimitating to face, so it will be tough to win there.

• Why everbody between turkish users thinks that Neslihan will retire so early? She is still young and i hope she can see Rio aswell maybe as a backup but who knows she is still 28 (December,1983) but Esra and Gulden will retire NT very soon guess.Esra wrote in twitter that in near future she will stop play for NT,probably it will be ECH13.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I think if Brazil wins over Russia now the OG is dead and over, and USA will take the title. But if Russia wins there is a chance, since they are a more difficult matchup for them, both through playing style and since they never faced each other last 2 yrs., and that time Russia won, so they dont know how to beat them, and Russia will go strong into the match. Brazil has lost too many times in a row against USA now, that I feel the match will be lost already in their minds before the match starts. However, Russia is not stable at all and the Brazilians is always annoying and intimitating to face, so it will be tough to win there.

i agree.