2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Laura has - at least according to herself - played a good season so far in Turkish League...maybe Turkish users could tell more about it.

:D :lol: :thumbsup:

I'd love to see Tess von Piekartz getting a chance in NT this year, she's doing very well in Münster this season and she's certainly less boring than many setters around. But with her 1.70 she probably has no chance against all that Dutch 1.80+ setters :S But Fledderus wasn't tall either, so maybe there's some hope for Tess...

• Thanks both of you for the great information. I don't really follow the Turkish domestic league and in CL Lo bianco always plays starter for GS so I haven't seen her.

Glad to hear that Femke has showed a better performance. I still remember that she got extremely nervous and then couldn't simply pass any good balls to her attackers at ECH against Germany and Croatia in the tie break :wacko: Hopefully she learnt something from those bad experiences. Grothues, Buijs and both MBs (de Kruijf and Stenbergen) will play alright, so it's all up to Femke and Manon or Judith. But to be honest I don't expect anything from Pietersen...she's horrible as OPP.

I forgot to add Belgium. I personally like Frauke Dirickx's performance every time I see her. she's creative and sometimes so insane :D her back up setter Van de Vyver is also alright I guess.

• Gamze in NT ? :aww:

Btw, good luck to Dutch girls :super: I hope, they can qualify to WCH 2014.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• :D :lol: :thumbsup:

I'd love to see Tess von Piekartz getting a chance in NT this year, she's doing very well in Münster this season and she's certainly less boring than many setters around. But with her 1.70 she probably has no chance against all that Dutch 1.80+ setters :S But Fledderus wasn't tall either, so maybe there's some hope for Tess...

Agree, Fleederus wasn't tall either, but the game has developed even more to 'high and hard' ..at least in Vermeulen's opinion. I presume he prefers good-blocking setters.

• Agree, Fleederus wasn't tall either, but the game has developed even more to 'high and hard' ..at least in Vermeulen's opinion. I presume he prefers good-blocking setters.

I agree. Staelens, Dijkema, Stoltenborg they are all good blockers...

• @ Emil

In my opinion Judith should stay on bench during the tournament. For hitting, I prefer Celeste Plak :super: :super:

@ Burak

GS-connection, for sure....Barbolini <--> Gamze

Ozge or Asuman are much better.

• I agree. Staelens, Dijkema, Stoltenborg they are all good blockers...

I notice some irony in your post ;)

At least in my opinion, Kim Staelens and Femke are good blockers. Laura not at all !

• I notice some irony in your post ;)

At least in my opinion, Kim Staelens and Femke are good blockers. Laura not at all !

Tess is also a quite good blocker, at least considering her height. And sometimes this season she has shown a special talent to make block points in important situations, for example for winning a set 32:20 or so :D

• No? I've always thought she was a good blocker :whistle: otherwise there's no specific reason why letting her as starting setter since she's not a really good setter :D

Ironic is my life style :D :D :D

• about Laura

She looks better and fit this season than last 2 years when we compare her performance and I think her performance is stable in Turkish League but Halkbank needs better reception and spikers, I don't think Nikolova is enough.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• :win:

Tess is also a quite good blocker, at least considering her height. And sometimes this season she has shown a special talent to make block points in important situations, for example for winning a set 32:20 or so :D

@ Matthias

For me it is ok to let Tess replace Laura :thumbsup:

Combination Femke - Tess

• All I know with Laura is that she wants to play in the Istanbul next season :D

• All I know with Laura is that she wants to play in the Istanbul next season :D

I can imagine...in Istanbul are the most, best and biggest shoppingmalls :teach: :teach: Kanyon etc. :lol:

I think she is already bored in Ankara :whistle:

• Sander, I love your jokes :rolll: Sarcasm and Ironic are motors for Swedes btw :D Let's keep our fingers for Laura though...

• Sander, I love your jokes :rolll: Sarcasm and Ironic are motors for Swedes btw :D Let's keep our fingers for Laura though...

For safety reasons, I decided to delete my post about her 'other' qualities :D :D

The post about her wish to play in Istanbul is 100% true, though :teach:

• For safety reasons, I decided to delete my post about her 'other' qualities :D :D

The post about her wish to play in Istanbul is 100% true, though :teach:

:rolll: For a shopping queen Istanbul must be fascinating... following her twitter has become one of the things I do when I really have nothing to do :D

Anyway, Goed geluk, meisjes!!!

• Sorry for :offtopic: :flower: :flower:

Back on topic:

Which countries will win their pools ???

My predictions:

Pool A: Turkey

Pool B: Serbia

Pool C: Poland

Pool D: Croatia :(

Pool E: Bulgaria

• Sorry for :offtopic: :flower: :flower:

Back on topic:

Which countries will win their pools ???

My guess: Turkey, Serbia, Belgium, Netherlands, Bulgaria.

I know that most people here are convinced that Poland will beat Belgium, but I'm not. Belgium has shown very good Volleyball last summer, based on very good teamplay. Surely Poland has the bigger stars, but all of them are rather old and in my opinion past their prime (except Skowronska who is doing great in Rabita). Of course they're still all very good, but I have a feeling that Belgium can and will beat them. But I hope that Poland and Croatia will qualify as best 2nd ranked teams, or maybe CZE instead of one of them...but they're missing so many players that it will be hard.

• My guess: Turkey, Serbia, Belgium, Netherlands, Bulgaria.

I know that most people here are convinced that Poland will beat Belgium, but I'm not. Belgium has shown very good Volleyball last summer, based on very good teamplay. Surely Poland has the bigger stars, but all of them are rather old and in my opinion past their prime (except Skowronska who is doing great in Rabita). Of course they're still all very good, but I have a feeling that Belgium can and will beat them. But I hope that Poland and Croatia will qualify as best 2nd ranked teams, or maybe CZE instead of one of them...but they're missing so many players that it will be hard.

Of course I hope your prediction will come true :D :D :D (I predict Poland and Croatia)