2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Czech Final Roster for WCH qualifications in Varna:
    Setters: Pavla Vincourova, Lucie Smutna
    Wing Spikers: Aneta Havlickova (C), Tereza Vanzurova, Andrea Kossanyiova, Karolina Bednarova, Michala Kvapilova, Eva Hodanova
    Middle Blockers: Kristyna Pastulova, Ivona Svobodnikova, Barbora Purchartova
    Libero: Veronika Dostalova

No Jasova, no Monzoni, no Muhlsteinova, no Kubinova, no Plchotova, no Mlejnkova :what:

One change: Nikol Sajdova is there instead of Purchartova.

BUL roster:
    S: Kitipova, Debarlieva
    OPP: E.Nikolova, S.Koleva (also OH)
    OH: Vasileva, Rabadzhieva, Dimitrova
    MB: Filipova, Zarkova, Ruseva
    L: Todorova (16 years!), D. Nikolova

Belarus roster, without Palcheuskaya and Malasai.
    More and more rosters are appearing on CEV site now...

• Where is Bahar??

She is injured.

Tokarska :aww: Kakolewska is the best Polish MB right now and she is out :down:

• Any official statement about Croatian 12-roster ???

• I wouldn't say Kakolewska is the best MB overall, but she is certainly a very good blocker. And Tokarska hardly gets to play in Novara, so I'm also surprised by this choice.

I agree with you Matthias - "very good blocker" !

• Serbia, according CEV:
    BRAKOCEVIC Jovana
    MALAGURSKI Sanja
    ZIVKOVIC Bojana
    KRSMANOVIC Natasa
    MOLNAR Brizitka
    MIHAJLOVIC Brankica
    OGNJENOVIC Maja

VELJKOVIC Stefana

NIKOLIC Jelena
    BJELICA Ana
    RASIC Milena
    CEBIC Suzana

• Thanks, the roster is available finally....

It is a really strong roster :whistle: :white: :teach:

OH: Usic, Jerkov, Topic, Popovic

MB: Poljak, Milos, Cutuk

Opp: Fabris, Alajbeg

S: Grbac, Brcic

L: Malevic

Starting six:

Grbac - Fabris, Usic, Jerkov, Poljak - Milos, Malevic

Subs: Topic, Popovic, Alajbeg, Cutuk, Brcic

• I hope Netherlands and Croatia can qualify to WCh together :teach: Croatia is better in my opinion but both teams have unstable setters. Good luck to them:serve:

• I think having Popovic on bench to put Fabris as OPP would be unreasonable.. that could happen if things go wrong. I think the line-up should look like this

Grbac-Popovic
    Senna-Jerkov/Topic
    Poljak-Fabris
    Malevic

Of course Fabris can play instead of Sanja. Alajbeg can play as OPP too, even she can come as OH, I doubt her passing is worse than Senna.. About Jerkov/Topic I am not sure.. Jerkov has not had great attacking numbers as I can see in these last few matches in Turkey, she neither passed great.. Topic is a good passer so maybe she can play instead.. we'll see but Sanja and Senna on bench I don't think so

• I think Fabris is much better than Popovic and Alajbeg already, she's just a little unstable sometimes. But I definitely expect her in starting six as OPP, her attacking is too strong to be "wasted" in the middle...

• Parisi :white: That's a really young and inexperienced team... I have a feeling that Vincourova will overuse Havlickova this time. None of their OHs is a stable passer and both Vanzurova and Kossaniyova are not pure OHs...

• I find it interesting to compare setters since Volleyball is basically up to setter's performances.

Serbia - Ognjenovic, Zivkovic
    : Sad for Antonijevic who's playing a superb season...Ognjenovic isn't playing great in Poland and I don't really like Zivkovic that much.
    Croatia - Grbac, Brcic
    : I think Brcic should be playing starter. she's playing quite well in Urbino while Grabc staying on bench at her club...but for sure Grbac will have more chances since she always has been main setter and she has a better connection with her attackers.
    Poland - Belcik, Wolosz
    : Very interesting that both Skorupa and Radecka got rid of and the oldest Belcik is back.
    Bulgaria - Kitipova, Nenova
    : Most likely Kitipova will play starter.
    Czech Republic - Vincourova, Smutha
    : Vincourova is a promising young setter but her performance at ECH was disappointing...overusing Havlickova was the biggest reason why they got beat up by France unexpectedly.
    Turkey - Aydemir, Alikaya
    : No big surprise here. I don't know the second setter. Where is Karakoyun by the way? :whistle:
    The Netherlands - Stoltenborg, Dijkema
    : Femke's performance at ECH was also disappointing...hopefully she will play better this year. I haven't seen Dijkema's current performance on the other hand.

• Gamze Alikaya is backup for Leo in Galatsaray, where coach is Barbolini :D it may be the main reason for calling her as second, however she's not bad, but she's so inexperienced and has to learn a lot :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• @ Emil

Concerning Dutch setters:

During recent friendlies against Belgium, Femke's connection with both Flier and de Kruijf was really good. (This was a huge problem at ECH)...so, I think it's no problem to let Femke start.

Laura has - at least according to herself - played a good season so far in Turkish League...maybe Turkish users could tell more about it.