2012 Olympic Games

• during the WL finals the referees made some serious mistakes and crowd gone crazy about that and threw some paper and botles towards him. Some of the paper and bottles also fell on the Poles staff. Bartman said Bulgarians are sheperds. That was it in summary. .

• I'm totally oblivious about the whole shepherd thing. (Didn't really followed the WL all that carefully. :lol: ). Anyone care to enlighten me?

Poland destroyed Bulgaria 3:0. The referee Loderus made a lot of mistakes but with or without them Bulgaria would still lose 3:0. The crowd in the hall(the match was played in Bulgaria) started throwing some object towards the referee and some objects mistakenly hit some of the Polish players and staff. After the match Zbigniew Bartman said in an interview that Bulgarian crowd can sometimes behave like shepherds. Which is a bit different from "all Bulgarians are shepherds". Then some Bulgarian fans declared war on Poland, Poles and especially Bartman. All of this is childish but absolutely normal behaviour. The sad thing is that our national TV commentator also declared war on Poland and Bartman and this hatred is absolutely clearly seen in his comments. He didn't mention the name of Bartman during the WL Finals, saying he's offended by "the player with №9".

Childish behaviour...

• Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• that comentator is a clown anyway, with little to none influense on the 'war' :rolll:
    LOL
    Normal fans on both sides aknowledge the situation already and we are fine. Some group of fans in Bulgaria wrote a letter of apology which some group of Polish fans accepted. Of course those who were actually guilt did not, but that's that. We move on.

P.S, Yavor don't get mad on someones arrogance! Just make like me, I've put both Bartman and Anastasi on my ignore list long time ago :whistling:

• Oy! :|
    Doesn't look pretty for Argentina. What happened? They were a lot more consistent last year. Seems like they hit a wall on their development. Such a promising group of young players...

• Zaytsev is the truth leader of this team :obey: ITALY destroyed ARG in 1st set... Pereyra and Quiroga OUT after first points but still same happening on court, no chance for ARG :down:

• Oy! :|
    Doesn't look pretty for Argentina. What happened? They were a lot more consistent last year. Seems like they hit a wall on their development. Such a promising group of young players...

Who is promising player without Conte and De Cecco? Who more?

• Great head dig by Travica :cheesy:

• Who is promising player without Conte and De Cecco? Who more?

Last year Sole and Crer looked promising, this year they're crap. Castellani is promising, he was star in youth Wch but he's too young, has still to be seen what he will become.

• The MB's. Some people on the bench.

I wouldn't call Crer a very promising player. Sole has a good swing and technique but lacks a lot athleticism for a MB

• Obiously De Cecco and Facundo are the standouts, but, to me, the group as a whole was very promising. I followed them a bit in the junior categories and such. Lots of success against our brazilian guys - Facundo's generation, but also a couple of others. Not always that translated into big results, but showed a lot of potential.

• Yavore, they were saying we're shepherds because of the thrown objects towards the referee and eventually to Polish staff. Whistling is the most usual thing when a crowd is supporting it's team. We're whistling, they are whistling. The difference is that they don't throw objects. But the most civilised thing is to forget about it and don't be bothered by some statements(Bartman's shepherds) and some actions(fans).

And what makes you think Polish team is arrogant? Isn't Brazil in the same way arrogant? Or Italy? On what basis do you say that? Bartman's statement? Well, then Bulgaria and Vlado Nikolov are the most arrogant things in the world. A victory is a victory, the better team today won. That's all.

As you are asking for a response, I will give it to you shortly and then close the off-topic because this is irrelevant and I don't want to go back there any more.
    First, the statistician of Generali Unterhaching (a guy I know, non-Bulgarian, thus neutral) was in Sofia back then and told me this whole thing was exaggerated a lot in Poland, it was nothing serious, so I am not going to discuss it anymore even if it was definitely wrong. Still, it was not the reason to call people shepherds. Remember that it was people here in this forum as well offended by the boos, this is why I mentioned their reaction. It's not really normal to whistle at opponents, I don't agree. I did forget about it already, but I will forget eternally about it when we hear some apologies from Bartman, for example, which didn't happen. I couldn't care less otherwise what a guy said, but it's civilized to criticize his words and I have the right to do so. If you forgot them - fine, I almost did, to be honest.

Second, about the arrogance, it's not based on his words solely, it's based also on the words of their captain yesterday at the press conference, on their head coach talking about other countries at times, on the reaction of fans and media in Poland after the WL results, on they way they ALWAYS talk to the referee no matter what, on the constant conflicts between them and the Brazilians (yes, Brazilians are not that clean either). Of course, Nikolov is not the best example for a captain, but when did he say something negative for a team in front of (inter)national media, for example? Brazil and Italy we've discussed before, I am not saying they are clean, Bulgaria is probably not that clean either, we are talking about Poland now, so in this sense I am sorry to say but they are arrogant (I hope I can use the words "were arrogant" from now on). You can consider Nikolov, Bulgaria or anyone/anything else arrogant, it's your choice, as you can read I am not the only one sharing this opinion. Nothing against Poland as a country, have friends there, I hope the lesson is learned.

End of off-topic, I really don't wanna comment it more, I am sure Poland will come stronger now and still win the pool.

• Polish commentator: You can see volleyball players have big hands and it's possible for them to hold ball in one of them.