Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Vilsbiburg has cancelled the contract with Adriana dos Santos Andrade, because of a knee injury she suffered already before she signed with Vilsbiburg.

• Vilsbiburg has cancelled the contract with Adriana dos Santos Andrade due to a knee injury she suffered already before she signed with Vilsbiburg.

I already read about it at volleyball.bundesliga.de....it seems Rote Raben is really unlucky concerning roster lately... :S (also Mauersberger-case)

• I already read about it at volleyball.bundesliga.de....it seems Rote Raben is really unlucky concerning roster lately... :S (also Mauersberger-case)

Well, unlucky yes, but i think it´s a difference if a player is pregnant, like Luise Mauersberger or Patricia Thormann, or if a player knows about an injury but don´t says intentionally nothing about it.

• Well, unlucky yes, but i think it´s a difference if a player is pregnant, like Luise Mauersberger or Patricia Thormann, or if a player knows about an injury but don´t says intentionally nothing about it.

Of course, that's different. But, the result is the same: the clubs needs to search for a new player.

• Of course, that's different. But, the result is the same: the clubs needs to search for a new player.

That´s right, but I think it is also a question of insurance. Who is responsible for what, especially in a case like with Adriana. If, for example, the agency knew about her injury, do they have to pay damages? Or did the club just pay for her and don´t gets any of that money back?

• That´s right, but I think it is also a question of insurance. Who is responsible for what, especially in a case like with Adriana. If, for example, the agency knew about her injury, do they have to pay damages? Or did the club just pay for her and don´t gets any of that money back?

I don't know the answer to your question. But, I think the only thing that counts is the team..with or without ensurance-money...it's very hard to transfer good players at this point of the season..simply because only very few are available..

• I don't know the answer to your question. But, I think the only thing that counts is the team..with or without ensurance-money...it's very hard to transfer good players at this point of the season..simply because only very few are available..

It was a general question ;-) I know, it´s hard to find good players at this point of the season. I think, if you know who has to pay for the damage caused, it makes it easier for a club to look for a new player, ´cause they also know how much money they´re able to spend.

• What I find interesting is that this is not the first time this happens in Vilsbiburg. Some years ago, they signed Italian OH Marika Serafin and after some months they cancelled her contract because it turned out that she had come with a shoulder injury and didn't inform the club about it, and now we have the same situation again, so I'm wondering: does the club not let the players pass a medical test and a tryout training phase before signing the contract?? I remember reading somewhere that Adriana got injured on the first day of training in Vilsbiburg, so either they signed her before she ever trained there or they signed her despite the injury. In other clubs it's normal that players have to pass a medical test and tryout training before the club makes a contract, for example Schwerin did not sign Meagan Ganzer eventually because it turned out she had problems with her knees and it would not have made sense to sign her in that condition...

Anyway, Kristin Kasperski is still without club, she's not a great player but I think for bench in Schwerin or Vilsbiburg she could be OK. Recently there was an article about her in a newspaper from Münster, she only had an invitation for tryout training from Köpenick but they did not sign her eventually, currently she only plays beach volley twice a week but she does not want to end her career yet.

• What I find interesting is that this is not the first time this happens in Vilsbiburg. Some years ago, they signed Italian OH Marika Serafin and after some months they cancelled her contract because it turned out that she had come with a shoulder injury and didn't inform the club about it, and now we have the same situation again, so I'm wondering: does the club not let the players pass a medical test and a tryout training phase before signing the contract?? I remember reading somewhere that Adriana got injured on the first day of training in Vilsbiburg, so either they signed her before she ever trained there or they signed her despite the injury. In other clubs it's normal that players have to pass a medical test and tryout training before the club makes a contract, for example Schwerin did not sign Meagan Ganzer eventually because it turned out she had problems with her knees and it would not have made sense to sign her in that condition...

Anyway, Kristin Kasperski is still without club, she's not a great player but I think for bench in Schwerin or Vilsbiburg she could be OK. Recently there was an article about her in a newspaper from Münster, she only had an invitation for tryout training from Köpenick but they did not sign her eventually, currently she only plays beach volley twice a week but she does not want to end her career yet.

Since 1+1 = 2, I predict Vilsbiburg to sign Kasperski soon :D :teach:

• Since 1+1 = 2, I predict Vilsbiburg to sign Kasperski soon :D :teach:

:lol: On the other hand, she was also available when Mauersberger got pregnant...and they were not interested then, so my guess would be they'll look abroad first, and if they don't find anyone, they might contact her in the end ;)

Yet another injury: Hamburg's 2nd Opp Paulina Brys needs a shoulder surgery and will be out until the end of the year (year, not season). 17 year old Moana Behrens from 2nd team will replace her.

Stuttgart's coach Jan Lindenmair said in an interview that Lora Kitipova and Deborah van Daelen have the potential to become world class players...I hope he will be right :thumbup:

• Adriana was not important to Vilsbiburg anyway. She was not going to play, she was just a bench player. I think their problems are very small. They basically just need another solid practice player if they choose to bring in another person.

Vilsbiburg should do well this year if they can avoid injury. They signed potentially the best player in the league in Sonja Newcombe. Not sure why Schwerin did not try to sign her with there need on the outside. Maybe they dont have enough money. Vilsbiburg will be fine and will have a chance to contend with their current roster

• I wonder something about german NT's future and i guess its also about german league .Its clear that german NT needs a young,talented OH after grün and a talented,strong opposite backup for kozuch 8o .There are beier and hippe i know but i think they r not what germany needs.So i want someone who knows league and players well to write here whom we can see in next years in german NT :thumbup:

• I wonder something about german NT's future and i guess its also about german league .Its clear that german NT needs a young,talented OH after grün and a talented,strong opposite backup for kozuch 8o .There are beier and hippe i know but i think they r not what germany needs.So i want someone who knows league and players well to write here whom we can see in next years in german NT :thumbup:

Especially Opp position is a big problem in the future. There is not a single classical German Opp in the league, all clubs have foreign Opps except Schwerin and Münster, but Anja Brandt will play MB-style Opp in Schwerin and Sarah Petrausch receiving Opp in Münster. Junior NT Opp Carina Aulenbrock is considered a big talent, but in the last year she's used as non receiving OH and her stats both in league and in Junior NT looked pretty bad. So, on Opp position, future is mysterious...
    For OHs, I think Junior NT OH Lisa Izquierdo has the potential to become a very good player, she's not tall but has Cuban power and jumping, she just needs to improve her ball control. She can also play as Opp, but I'm not sure if she can reach international level there, jumping ability can't completely make up for lack of height. Hamburg's coach says that Saskia Radzuweit (1991) made great progress during summer, so maybe she can be good enough for NT soon too. As far as I know she trained with NT this summer too. But all in all, there is no super talent around of whom I could say "she is the future of German NT". Time will tell who can become really great players...

• Thanks so much matthias for sparing time and giving more information :drink: ,just theres something i want to mention.I think theres no need a player who can be the future of germany.You know german NT is a great systematic team thanks for giovanni and in this system u dont need a dominant player like gamova.Germany just needs a good OH and a good backup for kozuch imo,and with ur words i see there can be some good players so its enough, 8o :thumbup:

• Femke Stoltenborg of Hamburg team broke her finger last thursday................. operation tomorrow... sad for her, she was just playing in her new team, and feeling very welcome in Hamburg..

• Bundesliga starts this weekend, where I can watch Dresdner's game on Saturday ?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"