2012 World Club Championship

• So Trentino again... It seems that this tournament is quite lucky for Italian team (lucky is not negative adjective here), this is a little bit unbelievable, that they were able to defend this title next time. Unfortunately Sada wasn't good enough even to fight with them in all sets, not just in one, third, which is most known from crisis, which usually leading 2-0 team has. Of course, I expected maybe almost the same performance by Brazilian team as in first, group match against Trentino, which was and still is, in my opinion, the best match of the Club World Champs.
    I was watching Trentino very carefully, as whole group A and I must admit I didn't think they could change their game so fast. I remember these matches against Sada and Al-Rayyan, when they were close to lose both matches. Yesterday and today they were perfect.

The only thing, except Sada's lost, which I didn't like in this match was behavior of Juantorena and Stoychev. First guy did completely idiotic thing (trying to save the ball and hurting himself/it looked really bad), second was also very irresponsible by keeping Cuban on court.

• So Trentino again... It seems that this tournament is quite lucky for Italian team (lucky is not negative adjective here), this is a little bit unbelievable, that they were able to defend this title next time. Unfortunately Sada wasn't good enough even to fight with them in all sets, not just in one, third, which is most known from crisis, which usually leading 2-0 team has. Of course, I expected maybe almost the same performance by Brazilian team as in first, group match against Trentino, which was and still is, in my opinion, the best match of the Club World Champs.
    I was watching Trentino very carefully, as whole group A and I must admit I didn't think they could change their game so fast. I remember these matches against Sada and Al-Rayyan, when they were close to lose both matches. Yesterday and today they were perfect.

The only thing, except Sada's lost, which I didn't like in this match was behavior of Juantorena and Stoychev. First guy did completely idiotic thing (trying to save the ball and hurting himself/it looked really bad), second was also very irresponsible by keeping Cuban on court.

Bulgarian coaches are tough both to themselves and their players. Stoychev doesn't sleep much, constantly working and he is demanding the same from the players - Osmany could join the US Navy to take a little break :lol:

• wtf ! Two years in a row Matey was robbed by Osmany
    Hoenstly maybe the most deserving player was Stokr. He showed why Trento chose him over Sokolov again this year.

Osmany didn't show his best serve neither this or the previous year, nor he was best scorer or with the most critical attacks. I still wonder how can they give him MVP even when he is not the most important player. Trentino victories were due to team effort this year, Stoychev or the whole team should get the MVP

• I don't know if it's only appearance or he really lost motivation to work(lots of trophies, the government's attitude towards him...)

Could you please elaborate on that?

I couldn't watch the final, but I expected at least 4 sets, not a one-sided match. Did Sada seem tired from yesterday? Although Skra didn't seem to show signs of fatigue.
    It seems Nawrocki/Skra management has a good eye for promising young Serbian players - Atanasijevic doing wonders and they also got Lisinac. I'd also like to see Kooistra in the starting line up, he's better than Klos and maybe even Vincic for Woicki as the latter is too short and his sets aren't substantially better than Vincic's.

• Men’s Individual Awards:
    Best Spiker: Jan Stokr (Trentino Diatec)
    Best Blocker: Emanuele Birarelli (Trentino Diatec)
    Best Server: Wallace de Souza (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best Receiver: Sergio Nogueira (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best Libero: Sergio Nogueira (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best Setter: William Arjona (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Top Scorer: Aleksandar Atanasijevic (PGE Skra Belchatow)
    Most Valuable Player: Osmany Juantorena (Trentino Diatec)

• Osmany Juantorena :obey: ! Congrats for Trentino,it's unbelievable how 1 team can dominate so much,4th year in a row World Champion title!! :super:

• I'm so happy for Trento's 4th title in World Championship! I think it has been the harder to achieve, especially for all the critics the team received recently after loosing against Kazan and Macerata (in V-Day and Superocoppa) as they were thought to be over...once again they showed that they are still one of the best teams around here (I can say the best, without exagerating)

Trento dominated the final, just the third set was more thrilling but they looked to have full control of the situation! Kazyski and Stokr played perfectly, Osmany too: he's coming back to his best form, answering in this way to all the critics he had! Great man! about the MVP, it should have benn given to Stokr, Osmany himself said that he didn't expected, that he's happier for Trento and for the fourth title in a row than for the individual award...they're in history! :cheesy: :super:

• Personally I think, that there was no team, which could stop Trentino from victory in the final. Sada didn't lose because of lack of energy, they just didn't have an arguments against such an Italian team. Trentino made huge progress since group matches, where they weren't fantastic. Honestly I couldn't recognize this team, when I was watching semifinal and final.

• Could you please elaborate on that?

I couldn't watch the final, but I expected at least 4 sets, not a one-sided match. Did Sada seem tired from yesterday? Although Skra didn't seem to show signs of fatigue.
    It seems Nawrocki/Skra management has a good eye for promising young Serbian players - Atanasijevic doing wonders and they also got Lisinac. I'd also like to see Kooistra in the starting line up, he's better than Klos and maybe even Vincic for Woicki as the latter is too short and his sets aren't substantially better than Vincic's.

Putin gave expensive cars(I think, Bentleys) to every player but he didn't gave anything to Alekno. And also I remember when Russia won the WL a few years ago they got back on a charter flight and there was nobody to cheer for their trophy at the airport, not even journalists.

• Putin gave expensive cars(I think, Bentleys) to every player but he didn't gave anything to Alekno. And also I remember when Russia won the WL a few years ago they got back on a charter flight and there was nobody to cheer for their trophy at the airport, not even journalists.

The cars were all Audi A8 ;) And I don't think it is an attitude towards him personally, maybe there are other reasons, there is a huge number of sports an d medal winners in Russia, the government can't prioritize all of them. He was definitely disappointed by the reaction of the parliament, but I don't think it is a strong argument to quit or neglect the things he has been doing successfully for so long and Alekno knows it very well. He probably even forgot about it already. Besides, we don't know if any other coach or team players got cars as well, so I don't think it's something major! :)

• Putin gave expensive cars(I think, Bentleys) to every player but he didn't gave anything to Alekno. And also I remember when Russia won the WL a few years ago they got back on a charter flight and there was nobody to cheer for their trophy at the airport, not even journalists.

Alekno said, it is unfair and distorted journalist took his words and put it wrong for the sake of ratings, sensation, or something like that. I do not know whether there is another coach in Russia, so caressed by the government and with the full CarteBlanche in hand as Alekno, and volleyball federation and other authorities completly trust him. Now after the Olympics Alekno can do anything, and no one will blame him, especially official people. Besides, he has such a salary, he can buy 5 pieces of Audi 8 once if not more. Belarusian Federation already said that Alekno unaffordable for them.

• Alekno said, it is unfair and distorted journalist took his words and put it wrong for the sake of ratings, sensation, or something like that. I do not know whether there is another coach in Russia, so caressed by the government and with the full CarteBlanche in hand as Alekno, and volleyball federation and other authorities completly trust him. Now after the Olympics Alekno can do anything, and no one will blame him, especially official people. Besides, he has such a salary, he can buy 5 pieces of Audi 8 once if not more. Belarusian Federation already said that Alekno unaffordable for them.

Alekno didn't get salary for the NT, I remember that.Only in case of title, I think.

• Alekno didn't get salary for the NT, I remember that.Only in case of title, I think.

Yes, thats true. But in the end of last year Khtey admitted that they refused from official salary but ended with stuffed pockets, the federation gave them a big bonus for victory at WL and WCup. So this year you can imagine...

• A video dedicated to the success of Trento in Doha. I think it would be interesting to anyone, no matter which your favourite team is:

MmFetSU8K_c