Italy - Serie A 2012-2013

• In the first final between this teams , we saw fantastic performances from the Bulgarian spikers. This time I hope to see the same from the Cubans

I am expecting the same show from the Bulgarians

[media]

[media]

• Juantorena is shadow of himself this year, Kaziyski regained his crown as the best server of the league. Robertlandy is more important right now than Zlatanov, but he is the captain and he saw many finals so his performance may change. Raphael vs De Cecco is also anticipated duel. Certainly the battle will not be only between the Cubans here

• I have a suggestion for Cuneo - if Ngapeth is leaving, they can take Nikolov on the place of Sokolov and Skrimov on the place of Ngapeth. If Grbic is leaving and Zhekov is really returning into professional volleyball, they can take him, they have similar style /strong link with opposites, big personal contribution with points from block, tip and serve/ and Zhekov knows Nikolov and Skrimov very well. If they change the coach, they may call Luigi Mastrangelo back if he promise to behave. Cuneo are not betting on MB's attack very much, so this configuration can work for them pretty well /+ Nimir as second setter/ as it worked for Piacenza in the second half of the season 2011/2012.

• But they also have problems with the MB. Why not take Niki Nikolov. And Wijsmans is retiring/leaving - they can get Niki Penchev (he hasn't renewed contract with Kielce yet). And also, the management should get back Placci, maybe with Nayden Naydenov because Piazza is untrustworthy with his tactical schemes :whistle:

raylight, you're king :obey: It's like only Bulgaria is on your geographical map :lol:

• But they also have problems with the MB. Why not take Niki Nikolov. And Wijsmans is retiring/leaving - they can get Niki Penchev (he hasn't renewed contract with Kielce yet). And also, the management should get back Placci, maybe with Nayden Naydenov because Piazza is untrustworthy with his tactical schemes :whistle:

raylight, you're king :obey: It's like only Bulgaria is on your geographical map :lol:

I am well aware of the competition, my dear, I just want another BG team in Italy :) And my suggestions won't make them weaker ;) Skrimov is exactly the type of player to step on Ngapeth place /if Giba or Murilo are not available/, Nikolov is proven name. Learn to read and comprehend text while there is still time, apprentice.

• Except that Ngapeth is far better than Skrimov. And Grbic is far better than Zhekov.
    Out of those only Nikolov is on the same level as Sokolov - after all he has the experience.

Either way the truth is that Cuneo indeed has problems with the MBs so I guess if they want to accomplish something next year they will need to work on this direction.

And yes there is still too much time till the first final. I can't wait for the games between Piacenza and Trentino.

• I am well aware of the competition, my dear, I just want another BG team in Italy :) And my suggestions won't make them weaker ;) Skrimov is exactly the type of player to step on Ngapeth place /if Giba or Murilo are not available/, Nikolov is proven name. Learn to read and comprehend text while there is still time, apprentice.

Skrimov can only clean N'Gapeth's shoes, nothing else.

• Skrimov can only clean N'Gapeth's shoes, nothing else.

Arguments?

• Except that Ngapeth is far better than Skrimov

Obviously we don't watch the same game. In what is precisely far better Ngapeth - in track and field?

• Did any of you watch the Olympics? Better is one, far better is another thing

http://www.fivb.org/vis_web/VO…PDF/P5-MOG2012-Finals.pdf

• I did watch the Olympics. I also watched Cuneo's season this year - in Italy and Champions League.

Ngapeth is better in serve than Skrimov. This doesn't mean that Skrimov has terrible serve, but Ngapeth is better in serving and scoring aces. Ngapeth has more powerful attack than Skrimov. In reception they are close, but Ngapeth is better (well at least from the last stats of Skrimov in France, however we can't compare the French league with Italian league and I do think that there are powerful servers in Italy so the same reception percentage means that Ngapeth is better). Also Ngapeth can make some very important blocks even though that's not his strong suit given his height, he is not that bad. And Ngapeth is better in defense than Skrimov.

• I did watch the Olympics. I also watched Cuneo's season this year - in Italy and Champions League.

Ngapeth is better in serve than Skrimov. This doesn't mean that Skrimov has terrible serve, but Ngapeth is better in serving and scoring aces. Ngapeth has more powerful attack than Skrimov. In reception they are close, but Ngapeth is better (well at least from the last stats of Skrimov in France, however we can't compare the French league with Italian league and I do think that there are powerful servers in Italy so the same reception percentage means that Ngapeth is better). Also Ngapeth can make some very important blocks even though that's not his strong suit given his height, he is not that bad. And Ngapeth is better in defense than Skrimov.

I don't agree about the serve based on my eyes and measuring speed and stats. Ngapeth is more powerful in spiking, that's true and he is brave, which is important. Skrimov has the advantage of staying long in the air, though

• Ray it's pointless to discuss with you. I respect your opinion but comparing Skrimov who is playing in much weaker league and Earvin is like comparing Opel and Ferrari. I know you like your compatriots but only Kaziyski and Sokolov can be touted as world class players.

Regarding finals I expect big fight, Piacenza impressed me more than Trento but we'll see

• Ray it's pointless to discuss with you. I respect your opinion but comparing Skrimov who is playing in much weaker league and Earvin is like comparing Opel and Ferrari. I know you like your compatriots but only Kaziyski and Sokolov can be touted as world class players.

Regarding finals I expect big fight, Piacenza impressed me more than Trento but we'll see

Please the mods transfer this in proper topic. I agree it is not for here. My opinion about world class players will be stated there /it is not only these, two, that's for sure/

I don't know who is favorite here, first two matches will show.

• For me it will depend on some things. First Trentino's serve - if they manage to produce good serve and disturb Piacenza's attacks they will have it easier because Piacenza has also very good servers. Then De Cecco is better than Raphael - especially in using his middle blockers so if Piacenza receive well they could cause problems for Trentino. And lastly the conditioning of the players - Trentino's players are younger and this might help them in preserving their strength better. Of course the older players in Piacenza carry also very good experience.