Italy - Serie A 2012-2013

• Piacenza is serving really well and De Cecco is doing fine.
    On the other hand Trentino makes some mistakes in serving that help Piacenza.
    It looks like the second set is better for Trentino, but my stream has delay so the second set still hasn't started for me.

• Macerata woud have been much better machup for Trento. Piacenza's attack is hopeless without decent reception

• Piacenza is making more mistakes in the service line.
    And they can't receive well Trentino's serve. As a result they can't attack properly.

Zlatanov is definitely not himself today, but Trentino's strategy is to send most of their serves on him which I think contributes to this lack of concentration on his behalf.

• What a terrible match! Maybe V-day is better idea :what: Trentino did nothing special but Piacenza was disastrous after the first set.
    Disgusting reception!
    Kaziyski and Stokr were the MVPs of this match. Even Djuric looked great because Piacenza couldn't play fast attack.
    Italian Juantorena !!! :down: is a shadow of the Cuban one we all loved. Maybe Simon should punch him to make him remember who he is and what kind of player he is. :lol: :lol:
    Osmany's presence in Italian national team will be similar to Zlatanov's plus this time the team spirit will be destroyed.

• What a terrible match! Maybe V-day is better idea :what: Trentino did nothing special but Piacenza was disastrous after the first set.
    Disgusting reception!
    Kaziyski and Stokr were the MVPs of this match. Even Djuric looked great because Piacenza couldn't play fast attack.
    Italian Juantorena !!! :down: is a shadow of the Cuban one we all loved. Maybe Simon should punch him to make him remember who he is and what kind of player he is. :lol: :lol:
    Osmany's presence in Italian national team will be similar to Zlatanov's plus this time the team spirit will be destroyed.

Zlatanov sent Italy to OG2008 if you remember - the match with Japan.

• Btw, I am a big fan of Luca Vettori despite the fact that he is a non-Bulgarian. Cold blood and right decisions, he is a samuray on the court.

• I was there to see the match and I have to say that I expected a bigger fight from Piacenza that didn't do anything after the first set in which they served really well. Zlatanov and Papi were quite out of the match, Fei started positively but then got into trouble, Vettori did well (as usual, lately) but it was too late...I have to say that for the first time I saw De Cecco in difficulty, due to the bad reception he had, and for this reason the MBs couldn't give their 100%. I didn't like Marra, he wasn't precise in reception and he wasn't present in covering the attackers from trento's block.

on the other side, Stoker and Kazyiski played a good match in attack, Matey held quite well the reception too. I was surprised by Djuric: he did 8 blocks, I expected Simon to do that not him, so bravo!
    Raphael did a good job to me, as Bari (he was positive too yesterday)...Juantorena wasn't negative but as you said he is a shade of himself! don't know what happened to him this season..

• I suppose Juantorena is the shadow ho himself because he was forced to stay in Italy, while he just wanted to move to Russia...

Italian NT question doesn't help him. And to be honest I don't want him in NT.

• I suppose Juantorena is the shadow ho himself because he was forced to stay in Italy, while he just wanted to move to Russia...

Italian NT question doesn't help him. And to be honest I don't want him in NT.

He gave up on Zenit by himself, Trentino accepted bid from Kazan so I don't know about "force" u talk

• I think he can't jump as high as it was before. But it doesn't explain the decline in every aspect of his game including receiving. As Diesse14 wrote ,he isn't negative right now but if he continues in this way, he will hit rock bottom next year.

I wonder how Trentino will let Stokr go. He is the MVP of the team this year.

• Chances are 50-50 for the title, like I said before. Both teams are very strong, Trentino with more power, Piacenza with more experience.

• Trentino is in big trouble.
    I'm not going to repeat myself but some of Trentino's players aren't performing well for months. And I can't see much desire in their eyes.
    Trentino's receiving line-up isn't capable of receiving Piacenza's serves. If Piacenza continues to serve well , the title is theirs.

Zlatanov was fantastic in the end but since Matey was much better than him in the first match ,the bulgarian duel is equal .In Cuban duel , Simon is destroying Juantorena so far.

• very good performance by Piacenza! it was the opposite (as sets won) of the first match: Trento managed to serve well in the first, Piacenza did a lot of mistakes...and on the other way from the second set on. De Cecco managed to calm down and play more concentrated and lucid than on Thursday and in the today's first set. Zlatanov was really positive, MBs are as always excellent...and once again Vettori comes in and gives such a great contribution to the team! Piacenza was losing 1-8 in the fourth but they put up a great fight and turned the set, the match and the series all around...
    congrats Copra! now it is really interesting to see how it will go on! :super:

I'm not going to repeat myself but some of Trentino's players aren't performing well for months. And I can't see much desire in their eyes.
    Trentino's receiving line-up isn't capable of receiving Piacenza's serves. If Piacenza continues to serve well , the title is theirs.

Zlatanov was fantastic in the end but since Matey was much better than him in the first match ,the bulgarian duel is equal .In Cuban duel , Simon is destroying Juantorena so far.

You're not a big fan of Trento I see :D You always state how they are in big trouble, not only in this playoff :)

But the score is 1:1. Anything can happen. It's 50:50.

I wouldn't say months, it's been a long season, so it's normal to see some fluctuation. Piacenza plays great at home, but today Trento did well in sets 1 and 4, even till the middle of set 2, so I wouldn't be that critical, it's just another thing you don't like them :) About services, tell me a team that would theoretically stop the bombs of Holt and Simon once they are on fire. EVERY team will have reception problems, but both of them were much more silent in Trento, so I wouldn't generalize.