Italy - Serie A 2012-2013

• Bari lives 5 seconds after the rest of the world. His reactions are so slow... Since when will he play starter in Trento? 48?

• Raphael did some bad passes too, but he started to play better after that. All spikers of Trentino were good, but i liked they way Kaziyski spiked. The last was over the block and very powerful

• I liked Stokr the most, so it is not surprise that he was the MVP of this game. He is very consistent. He might not risk that much on serving, but he rarely makes mistakes. He demonstrated great sense in defense and that's admirable, because not all diagonals play like this in defense. He didn't make stupid mistakes in attack. And he was 67 % effective in attack.

Bari as usual is not the strongest point in Trentino. Kaziyski and Juantorena and the middle blockers were good too, but for me Stokr was the stablest one tonight.

• I liked Stokr the most, so it is not surprise that he was the MVP of this game. He is very consistent. He might not risk that much on serving, but he rarely makes mistakes. He demonstrated great sense in defense and that's admirable, because not all diagonals play like this in defense. He didn't make stupid mistakes in attack. And he was 67 % effective in attack.

Bari as usual is not the strongest point in Trentino. Kaziyski and Juantorena and the middle blockers were good too, but for me Stokr was the stablest one tonight.

Don't forget what kind of passes Matey receives all season. All good passes were scored by him. And he scored them mostly after his own reception. Stokr gets easier points, the opposite always should be the most prolific, but that doesn't mean he decides everything. Scoring the tough points changes the match, especially from the left side of the net.

• I was to the PalaGrotte to see Castellana-Piacenza. It was a great match... To many mistakes from the serve line from both the teams. Castellana was only with Falaschi as setter, in the training was setting the second libero Ricciardello... Dolfo came in sometimes in back row instead of Casoli and Alex Ferreira.... The middles were impressive. De Cecco played the first set but he went out in the middle of the second one and came in the field the former setter of Castellana. Lucho then played only in the diuble change with Vettori. Sabbi play well but I woul like to see Menzel! He is great... He should play! Piacenza changed also Holt with Tencati and Papi with Maruotti from the second set untill the end if the match. Holt only served. Zlatanov was a bit nervous...

Castellana-Piacenza 3-1

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• For Trento - Macerata match, I think Giuliani used it mainly for preparation for CL matches, to clarify his lineup (the opposite problem after Omrcen left) and to "hide his cards" from Stoychev for later on in the playoffs. It was Stoychev who needed the victory more and he got it. And it should've been 3:0 if it was not Monopoli. I sympathise this guy, it is terrible to be a bencher to a player who you know is worse than you. I can't understand what all of the coaches see in Travica, is it because of his father, I don't know but many decent setters are not seeing any playing time because of him (both in Macerata and Italy NT) and he's not that good to afford such a luxury. The same goes for Bari. He could've been good 37 years ago, but now his place is only in senior veteran tournaments. Stoychev maybe is trying to maximally use his "touch" for reception but Bari is an absolute statue, so he's good only if the ball goes directly towards him. If the serve is harder and further away or, God forbids, the side-out doesn't work, he and Trento are in big trouble.

Apart from that, nothing new. Juantorena still can't find his serve at its best and make some more aces. Djuric has improved his otherwise below average blocking, but there is still more to wish and to work at. Zaytsev's place is at 4, not as an opposite.

• For Trento - Macerata match, I think Giuliani used it mainly for preparation for CL matches, to clarify his lineup (the opposite problem after Omrcen left) and to "hide his cards" from Stoychev for later on in the playoffs.

I think he used all of his cards to try to win, we saw so many novelties, even Savani returned. The first place in the regular championship gives you ticket for Champions League and also gives you advantage on the way to the final. Don't fall for that line of reasoning "Trento wins only when Macerata doesn't care to win". It's crap.

• I don't know. I definitely felt that Macerata didn't play at their best, but on the other hand I know that Trentino could play better than this. Someone above me mentioned that Juantorena's serve is still not that strong weapon it used to be.

For sure this loss doesn't cost Macerata the title in Italy, because nothing is decided yet. On the other hand though they have for sure good chances to advance in Champions League, but I think that the rest 4 games for them are more difficult than the ones of Trentino in Italy and given the fact that they will play in two tournaments it's not that surprising that they might hold back and not play in 100 %.

Of course Trentino shouldn't care about this, they play only in Italian league so they are focused there and hoping for the best outcome which is becoming champions. We will see if it will happen.

• I don't know. I definitely felt that Macerata didn't play at their best, but on the other hand I know that Trentino could play better than this. Someone above me mentioned that Juantorena's serve is still not that strong weapon it used to be.

For sure this loss doesn't cost Macerata the title in Italy, because nothing is decided yet. On the other hand though they have for sure good chances to advance in Champions League, but I think that the rest 4 games for them are more difficult than the ones of Trentino in Italy and given the fact that they will play in two tournaments it's not that surprising that they might hold back and not play in 100 %.

Of course Trentino shouldn't care about this, they play only in Italian league so they are focused there and hoping for the best outcome which is becoming champions. We will see if it will happen.

Sounds logical, but last year they didn't hold back and played so many more matches and minutes than Trento, especially if we include the World Cup 2011 in which most of the players were main ones for their NT's. That didn't work - they still were fresher than Trentino at the final, in which played more aggressively the second half of the game. I don't know if they are doing magic in rehabing or juicing the players like mad weightlifters, but they delivered strength, endurance and power. This time they can deliver as well - why holding back to that awesome public? If I were Macerata supporter who bought tickets one week ago to see the derby and they play half-hartedly, I would burn the place down. May be they didn't play 100%, but they didn't look like they don't care about the result. About Osmany serving, I may be wrong but the teams adapted to him, nowadays he causes disturbances, but not much aces. His serve is not the most powerful in the world, he is the most consistent server on high power. Teams can adapt to that sooner or later.

• I was to the PalaGrotte to see Castellana-Piacenza. It was a great match... To many mistakes from the serve line from both the teams. Castellana was only with Falaschi as setter, in the training was setting the second libero Ricciardello... Dolfo came in sometimes in back row instead of Casoli and Alex Ferreira.... The middles were impressive. De Cecco played the first set but he went out in the middle of the second one and came in the field the former setter of Castellana. Lucho then played only in the diuble change with Vettori. Sabbi play well but I woul like to see Menzel! He is great... He should play! Piacenza changed also Holt with Tencati and Papi with Maruotti from the second set untill the end if the match. Holt only served. Zlatanov was a bit nervous...

Castellana-Piacenza 3-1

Castellana look like a reborn team recently. Great games.

• Castellana look like a reborn team recently. Great games.

Yep, they won 4 matches in a row... In the second half of the season the only lost 2 of 7 games! (vs Macerata and Perugia) and they won with Cuneo, Piacenza, Modena and Vibo! :thumbsup:

Trento 43
    Macerata 41
    Piacenza 37
    Cuneo 35
    Modena 30
    Perugia 30
    Vibo 26
    Latina 25
    Castellana 23
    San Giustino 16
    Ravenna 10
    Verona 8

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Look at Paparoni

• Today at 18:00 CET
    Ravenna-San Giustino (raisport)

Tomorrow at 17:30 CET
    Trento-Castellana (raisport)

Tomorrow at 18:00 CET
    Cuneo-Modena (sportube)
    Perugia-Piacenza
    Macerata-Verona
    Vibo-Latina

• An interesting statistics material prepared by Matteo Levratto - the scoutsman of Itas Diatec Trentino, after the Macerata - Trento game last week. The whole series of statistics analyses published in volleyball.it is great, offers an insight of the tactical work before and during a game. This one is also worth the translation, at least in my opinion.

article in Italian

• Today at 18:30 CET
    San Giustino-Cuneo [raisport]
    Latina-Castellana 20:30

Tomorrow at 17:30 CET
    Piacenza-Trento [raisport]

Tomorrow at 18:00 CET
    Modena-Macerata [sportube]
    Verona-Vibo
    Ravenna-Perugia

• Trento won at the fifth against Piacenza in a quite good game, Macerata is struggling against Modena (losing 2-1 and 21-19) so I think that Trent will be first at the end of the regular season...Verona made at least one point against Vibo (it didn't happen from ages!)
    Modena and Perugia are fighting really much for the fifth place! let's see who gets it at the end!

• Matey killed them all vs Piacenza. He made 3 aces in a row in the second, 80% of his points were breakpoints

• Macerata-Cuneo [tomorrow at 17:30* - rai sport]
    Piacenza-Latina 3-0 [20/02]
    Modena-San Giustino [tomorrow at 18:00* - sportube]
    Perugia-Vibo Valentia [todat at 18:30* -raisport]
    Trento-Verona [tomorrow at 18:00*]
    Castellana-Ravenna [tomorrow at 18:00*]

*CET