Italy - Serie A 2012-2013

• Why isn't awarded Kaziyski with MVP's anymore, even when he deserves them? Last game for Raphael, now for Juric and I can't find reasons in the stats? It doesn't matter if he is best scorer with the most breakpoints or if he has 22 serves, he never gets the award this season. Not if he doesn't score at least 30 points.

• Macerata with an amazing Zaytsev (29 points) wins over Cuneo 3-1 and is second. Trento smashes Verona and is automatically first. Castellana wins against Ravenna, showing that during the first period of the season they didn't show at all their strenght and Modena wins over San Giustino! the play offs are about to begin...I can't wait for them , I'm really looking forward to those amazing battles! :cheesy:

• Why isn't awarded Kaziyski with MVP's anymore, even when he deserves them? Last game for Raphael, now for Juric and I can't find reasons in the stats? It doesn't matter if he is best scorer with the most breakpoints or if he has 22 serves, he never gets the award this season. Not if he doesn't score at least 30 points.

I agree that he hasn't got the MVP awards he has deserved, against Piacenza he had 17 points(5 aces/ 4errors, he finished 11/22 sets, +1 block and normal reception)
    against Verona also best scorer with 11 points and all stats great like last match, he had the best stats, but mabie the MVP was not given on stats, but by voting, quite few MVP's have been unfairly given to a wrong guy, for example 2011 and 2012 WCCH, but MVP awards are no big deal, it dosn't neseserily mean that you were the best one ;)

• I know they aren't and Matey doesn't consider them at all, I just want to have some valid defition for MVP which can give me the possibility to calculate and predict who will get it. They are not scoring the points with voting, after all.

P.S. Zaytsev had a great game this evening. Remarkable play vs Cuneo's block with the help of Travica. If he could only have some basic moral it would help me be his bigger fan. Those smiles come every match.

P.S.P.S. I can't understand what is Yosifov doing in Grotte. He is the best middle along with Robertlandy this season. What did the Modena's experts were thinking?

• P.S.P.S. I can't understand what is Yosifov doing in Grotte. He is the best middle along with Robertlandy this season. What did the Modena's experts were thinking?

Defenatly a mistery. Мaybe it was because of his injury. Or the team's budget came short.

• I never ever want to see VERONA and RAVENNA in A1!!!

Verona vs. Piacenza
    Piacenza squad: Tavana, Corvetta, Ogurcak, Tencati, Maroutti, Vetorri, Latelli (libero)

Result: 1-3

Ravenna - Trentino
    Trentino squad 2nd and 3rd set: Sintini, Valsecchi, Uchikov, Lanza, Chrtiansky, Burghstaler

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• so now to get to the quarter final agains Trento we will have Castellana-Vibo; to get to the quarter against Macerata there will be San Giustino-Latin. the other two quarters are already defined with Perugia-Piacenza and Cuneo-Modena! paly off are about to begin :super:

• Bring it on, baby! Cuneo and Piacenza might be the dark horses of that race!

• Tsvetan Sokolov is number 2 in scoring for Serie A1 in the regular season, number 1 with points per set, number 4 on aces, number 8 in aces per set, number 5 in blocks, number 10 in blocks per set. He is also number 2 in breakpoints total. Scoring success over 50% .Not bad for a first regular season as main player. Let's see what will happen in the playoffs, I hope all players will be healthy, especially the young ones, to see the best shows possible.

• Risultati Play Off Serie A1 – Ottavi di Finale Gara 1
    Andreoli Latina – Altotevere San Giustino 3-0 (25-15, 25-21, 25-20)
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte – Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 3-2 (27-25, 25-21, 21-25, 24-26, 15-13)

I have watched Castellana Grotte - Vibo Valentia match. Badawy was the worst player in the court in my personal opinion. He was useless in attack, his stats in reception looks a bit better but I didn't have that impression either. Blengini was making error by error - firstly, he sent Klapwijk OUT of the court after the end of the 2nd set altaught he wasn't the main reason for Vibo losing 2-0 - his team just didn't know to finish neither of first two sets altaught they were much better in both of them, and were leading till the end, then he sent Urnaut on position of opposite where he just didn't show anything he is able to - he couldn't use his spike properly and was much worse than as receiver. One more error by Blengini - he didn't make SINGLE tactical substition at the end of the 4th set to make his block more stronger. Vibo's digs were absolutelly hidden and many points were scored by Grotte's players when they just spiked over the block and ball easily dropps into the court. :drink:

• Risultati Play Off Serie A1 – Ottavi di Finale Gara 1
    Andreoli Latina – Altotevere San Giustino 3-0 (25-15, 25-21, 25-20)
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte – Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 3-2 (27-25, 25-21, 21-25, 24-26, 15-13)

I have watched Castellana Grotte - Vibo Valentia match. Badawy was the worst player in the court in my personal opinion. He was useless in attack, his stats in reception looks a bit better but I didn't have that impression either. Blengini was making error by error - firstly, he sent Klapwijk OUT of the court after the end of the 2nd set altaught he wasn't the main reason for Vibo losing 2-0 - his team just didn't know to finish neither of first two sets altaught they were much better in both of them, and were leading till the end, then he sent Urnaut on position of opposite where he just didn't show anything he is able to - he couldn't use his spike properly and was much worse than as receiver. One more error by Blengini - he didn't make SINGLE tactical substition at the end of the 4th set to make his block more stronger. Vibo's digs were absolutelly hidden and many points were scored by Grotte's players when they just spiked over the block and ball easily dropps into the court. :drink:

I completely agree with you...both on Badawy and Blengini! on the other side I liked Sabbi, really powerful attacks!

• Trento won 3-0 against Vibo in the second game of the quarter final. as they were first at the end of the regular season, they had an advantage of one match won so now they'll only have to win next game to get into the semis! it wasn't a great game in all IMO, Trento played well in the second halves of the sets while Vibo turned the light off after taking 5 points of advantage in the very beginnings. Kazyiski was positive, Juantorena ups and downs as also Stokr. My MVP is Raphael: he's performing better and better, I hope he will have great chances in NT this and next summers!! :super:
    Macerata is struggling more against Latina: they are down 2-1 but the tie break is nearly coming!
    tomorrow we'll have Perugia-Piacenza and Modena-Cuneo :box: (both Piacenza and Cuneo have an advantage of 1 match won for the same reason as Trento)

• and I forgot to write in my previous post that I hope that Trento next year will find a better libero! Bari and also Colaci aren't enough for this team! today Bari received as many as balls as Kazyiski (and this is not normal for a libero) with a lower %: there are plenty of liberos better than them...!!
    trento-vibo: http://www.legavolley.it/TabellinoGara.asp?IdGara=25702

anyway congrats to Latina!

• Latina :flower:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• and I forgot to write in my previous post that I hope that Trento next year will find a better libero! Bari and also Colaci aren't enough for this team! today Bari received as many as balls as Kazyiski (and this is not normal for a libero) with a lower %: there are plenty of liberos better than them...!!
    trento-vibo: http://www.legavolley.it/TabellinoGara.asp?IdGara=25702

anyway congrats to Latina!

Bari and the post libero in general is the weakest one in Trentino. They really need a better one.

Unfortunately I didn't find good stream for the game and watched slideshow, but from what I saw last night Trentino weren't at their best for sure. They got the third set because of Vibo's errors, not because they were that good. In the first set there was no blocking at all and they didn't play good in defense (not to mention that there was a carried ball for the 25th point of Trentino in the first set). Djuric was the only one that had good game actually.

And congrats to Latina indeed.