2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I heard about 13 year old girl in team Cuba, do you know her number??

i'm quite interested in that as well....

• I would like to congratulate Dutch NT: after a period of 4 years without setter, today we start a new era: we play with a real setter :flower: :flower:

Femke, I'm so happy you are on court, girl :heart: :heart: :heart:

• I'm sorry for Giel.. she has such a potential.. very very good MB and so young.. No one of this setters can set her a decent ball and also she not getting as many balls as she should.. Now that all the veterans all gone she should be one of their main weapons, as she was when Santos, Silie and Cleger were here..

• And why do you say Dijikema was not a real setter?

Because she is (very) weak setter, in my opinion. Femke plays at a total different level.

• I'm sorry for Giel.. she has such a potential.. very very good MB and so young.. No one of this setters can set her a decent ball and also she not getting as many balls as she should.. Now that all the veterans all gone she should be one of their main weapons, as she was when Santos, Silie and Cleger were here..

It;s so sad to see Cubans losing their best players each year, because of the government...the same for men's team

This Cuban team is a youth team in fact...but you can clearly see already their great physical skills...

Cubans would dominate volleyball in both men's and women's if only their government would act normally.

• Grothues should stop rolling the ball!! She is tall and strong enough to make a decent hit and she surely can kill the ball.. too many shots from her today

She is 1.80 tall...she has big difficulties against high blocks..

• i think the best player of this match is Femke, being able to feed the middles often, especially on the slide behind. cuba has problems responding to that attack so far.

• Easy win in second set for Holland. For me the best player in the field is Femke now and Quinta

Don't forget this is a Cuban youth team...so the result of this match has no meaning...tomorrow will be a total different match....Pietersen's performance is not enough for this level...

• Yes I know she is not one of the tallest OH, but there are shorter OH who hit the ball very hard like Lucia Bosetti.. however she can hit block out or high hands,, something like that.. whatever I like her :)

Lucia is much more powerfull than Maret; and she has an insane (very high) jump :)