World League 2013

• I watch the game and i saw the injury. I just ask as you are brazilian and possibly they said something. This team can be so unlucky...

Yeah, I got that. Bernardo is speaking right now and he doesn't know exactly what happened with his knee either. He's saying we've got to wait for more news, etc etc.

• Bruno seems to be smiling when he saw Dobromir replacing Georgi.

There was a minor "setter's" rivalry between Bruno and Georgi. We had some interesting deliberate repetitions of their sets in the two games of the Intercontinental Round. Of course, Bruno seemed happy when his opponent got subbed, Bratoev is having a bad Final Six and a bad evening. It's a personal setters' thing, happens even in lower division games, so don't be surprised ;)

A poor Bulgaria. This time I won't call it a mentality problem or whatever, I just think this squad is capable of that much. I would put mainly the bad shape of the available players as a reason for the humiliation we saw. And I don't agree Bulgaria fought, I think they didn't and again disappointed, what they showed was a disgrace, but I find it OK as I know they cannot show more right now. At least a bronze medal might boost their confidence a bit, but the truth is they don't deserve it. Italy has been playing better.

People are usually flattering Sokolov, but I am not not. His power is not enough to be a world class player, to me he is still an above average one. When he leads the team in a series of important games and when he finds his serve, well, then we can say he made that step forward. He is not there yet.

• Am I crazy to think Canada would've beaten this Bulgarian team to take their spot in the top 4? :S

All due respect to the Canadian team and coach Hoag, but I also think you are :) It's easy to judge on a single game, right? Remember how Canada actually made it to Argentina and then maybe you will reconsider. But they might've gotten some chances against this version of Bulgaria for sure.

• keep us Posted as we talk for the big Final! BTW Spyridonov will play or he will be out due to the red card?

As far as I remember the new rules, the combination yellow + red card simultaneously in one hand means expulsion till the end of the set. In the worst case scenario till the end of the game. He will be, of course, allowed to play tomorrow.

• There was a minor "setter's" rivalry between Bruno and Georgi. We had some interesting deliberate repetitions of their sets in the two games of the Intercontinental Round. Of course, Bruno seemed happy when his opponent got subbed, Bratoev is having a bad Final Six and a bad evening. It's a personal setters' thing, happens even in lower division games, so don't be surprised ;)

A poor Bulgaria. This time I won't call it a mentality problem or whatever, I just think this squad is capable of that much. I would put mainly the bad shape of the available players as a reason for the humiliation we saw. And I don't agree Bulgaria fought, I think they didn't and again disappointed, what they showed was a disgrace, but I find it OK as I know they cannot show more right now. At least a bronze medal might boost their confidence a bit, but the truth is they don't deserve it. Italy has been playing better.

People are usually flattering Sokolov, but I am not not. His power is not enough to be a world class player, to me he is still an above average one. When he leads the team in a series of important games and when he finds his serve, well, then we can say he made that step forward. He is not there yet.

Rivalry? Interesting. Bruno and Georgi are simply not on the same level. Bruno has really progressing consistently over years. His sets are so precise and quick. I'm admired by his combination with Wallace, too.

As to Bulgaria, I agree that this is what they could achieve (reaching the semi-final at an international tournament). With good skills, Brazil's block-defense system capitalized on many opportunities for counter-attacks. Bulgaria seriously lacks in this element. Compared with Bulgaria, Brazil was playing like a fast-running machine. Today they already had one hole (Isac) in their system, but Bulgaria has far more weaknesses on court. Without a remarkable depth, Placi couldn't do much to fill up these holes on court.

Right, Sokolov hasn't become a top-class player. His level of play fluctuates a lot, and is far from a player who could lead their team to important victories.

Anyway, the team needs not focus at WL as their main goal this year. At European Championship, you won't find Bruno/William or De Cecco/Uriarte. They won't face such a speedy play from the opponent team, with the possible exception of France. Hopefully they could achieve something there.

• Shameful play from Bulgaria in second match. First from 20-15 to 22-25 and from 20-17 to 24-26 vs Italy, giving them free victory, then incredibly weak game vs Brazil. G.Bratoev and Sokolov unrecognizable, lack of organization, poor choices in the air. Only Aleksiev defended his name in this match. The other positive things beside Alexiev were Milushev''s serving and attack and the several single blocks vs Isaac and Lucao which we did. I hope we won't make third poor game in a row, because that would mean we have no class at all.

• Just a reminder what Bulgaria is capable of when playing well

• Dante, not now ;(
    If he doesn't play today probably Mauricio will replace him (knowing, that in Rezende's hierarchy he's definitely higher, than Fonteles and Alves he's going to play) and that would be really painful to watch. We can expect Wallace and Lucarelli playing alone and instead of having a useful player on the second outside hiter's position we're going to have a big hole. MAURICIO - THAT MUST BE A PERFORMANCE OF YOUR LIFE TODAY, I DON'T CARE (of course, if Dante isn't able to play normally).

• Berruto : 'Russia deserved to win because they played better volleyball, but I would not change a centimeter of the muscles of the Russian players with the heart of my players.'
    wow what a comment !! :lol: :lol: Mean and unnecessary comment from Berruto . Is it necessary to compare the heart of players?

• Thee are only two great teams right now: Brazil and Russia. Other than this two teams the level is the poorest of the last 10 years.

I wouldn't call this Russian team great. They showed many moments of poor play in the intercontinental round and lost to Canada in the finals. The level of play hasn't been great but there are a lot of new faces and players and that is to be expected the season following an Olympic cycle.

• The level of the whole tournament wasn't really great. It happens after olympics years.

The teams in final deserve to be there, but they show more than the semifinalists just something. I didn't see big difference between this Russia, Brazil, Italy and Bulgaria. Maybe Bulgaria has something less than the others, but real teams will come out at the continental tournaments.

• oh wow, a disaster :lol: :cheesy:
    I didn't watch the match, I fall asleep in front the TV and woke up at 5am when the match was over already :lol:
    What I understand from your comments is that we play shit, which is exactingly what I have expected. This team is just average IMO. It was already a surprise they got to here. No debt, no class. Placi achieve so much with this players it kinda amuses me. The only thing I regret not waching it is seing Dobri on the court :heart: how did he played? Anyone give e a feedback, because I am not sure I want to watch this shit game :D

• Shameful play from Bulgaria in second match. First from 20-15 to 22-25 and from 20-17 to 24-26 vs Italy, giving them free victory, then incredibly weak game vs Brazil. G.Bratoev and Sokolov unrecognizable, lack of organization, poor choices in the air. Only Aleksiev defended his name in this match. The other positive things beside Alexiev were Milushev''s serving and attack and the several single blocks vs Isaac and Lucao which we did. I hope we won't make third poor game in a row, because that would mean we have no class at all.

but...but..we don't ^^ :pinch:

you think there will be any difference with our play today? think again ^^

• oh wow, a disaster :lol: :cheesy:
    I didn't watch the match, I fall asleep in front the TV and woke up at 5am when the match was over already :lol:
    What I understand from your comments is that we play shit, which is exactingly what I have expected. This team is just average IMO. It was already a surprise they got to here. No debt, no class. Placi achieve so much with this players it kinda amuses me. The only thing I regret not waching it is seing Dobri on the court :heart: how did he played? Anyone give e a feedback, because I am not sure I want to watch this shit game :D

Having the best spiker in the world should get you more as Serbia can tell stories about that. Our players haven't shown the maximum yet. We had only one set with good serving and we won it. We are in top 4 in world without serve. Imagine whta will happen when Sokolov remember how he served in Trentino and when Todorov comes back - the men with the most matches with two digits blocks in a match in the last two years. When the team severely underperform excuses like "they are average" are not true. Were they average vs Poland - 60% attack in 9 sets in a row? Who does that to Poland? Neither Russia or Brazil have done it before.

• All due respect to the Canadian team and coach Hoag, but I also think you are :) It's easy to judge on a single game, right? Remember how Canada actually made it to Argentina and then maybe you will reconsider. But they might've gotten some chances against this version of Bulgaria for sure.

agree with Yavor
    we wouldn't play this shit had we faced Canada. It is all in their set mind. When they don't believe a win is possible you see what happen. But it is Canada on the other side of the net, it would have been a whole new story... :whistle:

• Having the best spiker in the world should get you more as Serbia can tell stories about that. Our players haven't shown the maximum yet. We had only one set with good serving and we won it. We are in top 4 in world without serve. Imagine whta will happen when Sokolov remember how he served in Trentino and when Todorov comes back - the men with the most matches with two digits blocks in a match in the last two years. When the team severely underperform excuses like "they are average" are not true. Were they average vs Poland - 60% attack in 9 sets in a row? Who does that to Poland? Neither Russia or Brazil have done it before. .

It is not only Matey that is missing.
    We used to have 1 hole in the team, the weakest element - Aleksiev. Now he is our captain and leader :cheesy: . It says it all :aww:
    This team IS Average with some moments of good play but not all that often. We lack class. Poland was just in bad shape, a hole and they will eventually came back stronger, I know that. Our team just doesn't have it - there is not a single world class player, not even Sokolov (here I agree with Yavor)