Dutch NT 2013-2014

• Grothues update: The op took place this morning and she's now recovering and in good spirits. Just as she always is :thumbsup:

The club hasn't said anything new, they updated their communiqué but didn't change much except changing the reference to the op from the future to the past tense.

Nothing else to report for now…

• Today's Floortje's birthday, happy birthday Flo

It's sad to hear about Caroline :(

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Wintertraining NT starting again:

http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…tart-met-wintertrainingen

Inge Molendijk Sliedrecht Sport
    Kirsten Knip Sliedrecht Sport
    Lynn Thijssen Sliedrecht Sport
    Esther van Berkel Sliedrecht Sport
    Celia Diemkoudre Sliedrecht Sport
    Quirine Oosterveld VV Alterno
    Celeste Plak VV Alterno
    Moniek Jansen VV Alterno
    Carlijn Ghijssen-Jans VV Alterno
    Britt Bongaerts Talentteam Papendal/Arnhem
    Daisy Xhofleer Talentteam Papendal/Arnhem
    Celine Keijsers Talentteam Papendal/Arnhem
    Femke Stoltenborg Alemannia Aachen (GER)
    Yvon Belien Alemannia Aachen (GER)

For me most surprising in selection is Carlijn Ghijssen-Jans. Married,two kids and may be in NT???

• Today's Laura Dijkema birthday. Happy birthday Laura :flower: i'm looking forward to see her on Saturday :cheesy:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Floortje Meijners came to Istanbul :P and she was seen at Dolmabahce Palace along with Christiana Bauer

Edited once, last by Burak ().

• @ Burak

Good to see Floortje's picture in the Dutch NT-thread :D :drink:

Hopefully, we will see more, in future :D

• It was nice to see another Dutch player in Istanbul but i really wonder what is she doing here now ?

Floortje zu Fenerbahce ? :D

• It was nice to see another Dutch player in Istanbul but i really wonder what is she doing here now ?

Floortje zu Fenerbahce ? :D

I think it is just because there is no Piacenza-match this weekend :win: So, time for visiting friends :)

I read Robin is in Venice now :win:

• I hope this year Karine Muijlwijk will get a chance in NT. She's playing a great season in German league, and even though I have doubts about how much she can do on international level I think she deserves a chance at least. Flier is 30 this year and Pietersen hasn't shown anything convincing in the last years, so the only hope at OPP is Sloetjes and nobody knows what shape she is in/how long it will take to get back to her best shape after her injury...

• I hope this year Karine Muijlwijk will get a chance in NT. She's playing a great season in German league, and even though I have doubts about how much she can do on international level I think she deserves a chance at least. Flier is 30 this year and Pietersen hasn't shown anything convincing in the last years, so the only hope at OPP is Sloetjes and nobody knows what shape she is in/how long it will take to get back to her best shape after her injury...

Meijners?

I think Moniek Jansen is better than Pietersen

Indeed. Muijlwijk at least deserves a chance.

Well, Flier showed in WCHQ she is still able to play at high level.

Agree about Pietersen.

My choice for Opp: Sloetjes, Flier, Muijlwijk.

I expect the wide-roster to be announced soon..maybe already upcoming week.

• My roster for 2014-season:

Setters: Stoltenborg (Aachen), Dijkema (Halkbank), von Piekartz (Münster), Molendijk (Sliedrecht)

Libero: Schoot (Dresden), Knip (Sliedrecht), Oosterveld (Alterno)

Opposite/OH: Sloetjes (Busto), Flier (I. Baku), Muijlwijk (Wiesbaden), Buijs (Busto), Grothues (Cannes), Plak (Alterno), Renkema (Pavia)

Middle Blocker: De Kruijf (Piacenza), Steenbergen (Prostejov), Beliën (Aachen), Thijssen (Sliedrecht),

• Remember Grothues is injured and will miss at least the first part of the summer :S So it would be important to have another OH who can receive well, but the question is who??

Exactly...

I don't know...since Stam is not available...