Brazil NT 2013

• i was about to ask if that was mari...

NK, just a small clarification, the call was made by the lineswoman, not the referee, and yes, the ball was in by a lot, not even close to the line. but they are human and mistakes are made all the time.

if brazil had lost that match, they'd have only themselves to blame, because of the way they played in the prelims. facing russia -- winner of the pool A -- in the QF is not easy. had brazil finished 2nd as expected, they'd have faced japan in the QF. and korea might not have advanced, or would have finished 4th and faced russia in the QF. that's why i think it was a bit unfair to russia and turkey. both japan and korea in the final 4 was a total surprise, and i don't think japan would have beaten brazil and korea beaten russia in the QF. but korea proved its mettle by beating italy , and japan by beating china.

i don't recall how many points fe garay scored by i remember how she came up big on the big decisive points against russia, and the russians couldn't stop her.

when did paula lose her starting position to fe? after what match in london??????

• when did paula lose her starting position to fe? after what match in london??????

Paula was starter in first 4 matches in London. Only against USA she played whole match. Against Turkey changed in 3rd set by Garay, against Korea in 1st set by Jaque, against China in 3rd set by Garay and after match against China she permamently lost place as starter. Against Serbia and later in play-offs Garay became starter next to Jaque. Later Paula only subbed Garay twice: in 3rd set against Russia and in 1st set in final.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Letícia Hage (MB) is out of the NT. She lost her space since Fabiana and Thaisa came back. Bia, Jucy, Adenizia, Brait, Fabi, Dani, Fabiola, Claudinha, Sheilla, Tandara, Monique, Michelle, Pri Daroit, Garay and Natalia still with the NT.

• Gabi joined the adult Nt in Maceió, from the friendly matches against The Netherlands.

http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/noticias.asp?IdNot=18443

Really good news. Gabi is a very promissing player. She can grow a lot with Ze, in NT, and Bernardinho, in Rio.

About the friendly matches against Netherlands, I'm kind of curious... Sheilla said that she's not jumping yet (the same for Fabi, Thaisa and Fabiana), so, I think that we will have a young team on court. :dance6:

• What will be the roster for the friendlies against The Netherlands this week? :win:

What about Sheilla, Fabiana, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Fabi etc...will they play? or will Brazil play with different roster?

I'm really looking forward to the matches :drink: :drink:

Edit: Dutch roster:

S: Dijkema, Stoltenborg
    OPP: Sloetjes, Pietersen
    OH: Grothues, Buijs, Plak, Renkema
    MB: De Kruijf, Steenbergen, Belien, Thijssen
    L: Schoot, Knip

They will presumably play like this:

Stoltenborg - Pietersen/Sloetjes, Buijs - Grothues, De Kruijf - Steenbergen, Schoot.

• Is she related to Ze ?

No. ;) In Brazil si quite commom people not related having one surname the same. We use so many second names that would be kind of impossible that not to happen..hehehehe :roll:

Not released yet. I think they all travelled to Maceió...but whos gonna play for sure I dont know...someone wrote here that Sheilla wrote this week she is not jumping yet, so maybe she wont play...I dont know about the others...

• No. ;) In Brazil si quite commom people not related having one surname the same. We use so many second names that would be kind of impossible that not to happen..hehehehe :roll:

Not released yet. I think they all travelled to Maceió...but whos gonna play for sure I dont know...someone wrote here that Sheilla wrote this week she is not jumping yet, so maybe she wont play...I dont know about the others...

Thanks, Joana :flower:

• Really?!?! 8o :flower: wish the best for her,Murilo and the babe..
    congratulation my idol! Hope she will come back stronger than ever!! :love:

• any news about the brazilian team? I read somewhere that natalia isn't joining the team because of doping? :what: is this the same with jaqueline years ago? how true is that news?

• any news about the brazilian team? I read somewhere that natalia isn't joining the team because of doping? :what: is this the same with jaqueline years ago? how true is that news?

Natália is under a doping case trial, but it is not like Jaqueline case.

what happened is that a lab in Brazil accused her of having two ilegal substances in her body, after the Superliga has ended. But the thing is that both of this substances are found in asthma medication..and Natália has asthma so she uses such medication.

According to doping rules, the athletes can take this substances as long as they are inalated and not taken via oral, retal or injections.

So cause of that, the first judge released Natália saying the lab did a mistake, cause of Natália asthma condition.

But now, seems there is going to have a second trial. Cause the lab said they didnt make a mistake. The thing is, acording to the report, one of the substances found was in a concentration that indeed reviews she took with inalator, but the second substance concentration indicates she took orally. the concentration seems to be inside what is aloud internationally, but the via of administration is the problem acording to the doping rules.

So We have to wait now to see what the judge in this second trial will decide. In theory Natália is free to play for now. But I guess Brazil Nt will probably keep her aside prevently. The trial is probably going to happen middle August.

• so no natalia this grand prix huh? that's too bad... :( thanks for the info joana! :)

• Jaque said the first time they're going to have a baby his little heart wasn't beating. When they just notice they won't have a baby...it was deeply shocking. At this time, when the same doctor said she was hearing his heart, it was like go to the sky and came back.

I'm so happy for them! :woohoo: This must be the most beautiful sound in the world. Go Jaque! :super: