Brazilian League 2013/2014

• I think Osasco is the only team playing in a good level at this point in the league...

I was hoping for a more balanced match..quite boring so far..hehehe

Well, as always the main advantage of Osasco is havin the NT in the team. The other teams still has to seek their harmony throughout the season. There's also another thing about Osasco's game - they always start the game very agressively, confident, to the point of arrogance (which, is not a bad thing from their point of view) and if their opponent gets 'scared', they'll probably win the game easly. But if the team can live through that Osasco-hurricane, then things could go very different way. I don't think Osasco is playing on some unreachable level, but they've been playing for so long together, that they just KNOW what to do on court and what each and every player will do. I'm not trying to take anything from Osasco, they are playing good. But there are teams that are still trying to figure things up (like Unilever and Praia Clube) and the season is quite long this year.

• Well, as always the main advantage of Osasco is havin the NT in the team. The other teams still has to seek their harmony throughout the season. There's also another thing about Osasco's game - they always start the game very agressively, confident, to the point of arrogance (which, is not a bad thing from their point of view) and if they opponent gets 'scared', they'll probably win the game easly. But if the team can live through that Osasco-hurricane, then things could go very different way. I don't think Osasco is playing on some unreachable level, but they've been playing for so long together, that they just KNOW what to do on court and what each and every player will do. I'm not trying to take anything from Osasco, they are playing good. But there are teams that are still trying to figure things up (like Unilever and Praia Clube) and the season is quite long this year.

I agree with your analize....in theory..I dont think Osasco level is unreachable...other teams have much potencial...in theory..but so far..they didnt show that..and I wonder if they will figer out and do that...I hope they do..would be good for the league....but so far the other teams seem quite far from their best...we will see. :)

• We should complain more, Amil won a set! :lol:

• Walewska plays like she doesn't want Michelle anywhere near the ball :hit:

• what a play at 16:17! :cheesy:

• Id like to see the replay...but I dont think Cate passed to the other side in this last ball...seems she was outside the court....could be a big mistake from the refs...well..another one..

• Exciting fifth set.

Thaisa was decisive for Osasco imo.

Tomorrow..for what the teams had shown so far...I expect a balanced game..but not necessary in a good way.. :huh:

• Thaisa scored 28 (twenty eight!) points!!! :obey: 15 in attack, 10 in block and 3 in serve :what:

• Yes indeed....

Tandara is saving Amil so far....Nati seems far from her best at this point in the season..again..like last year.

Natalia seems to have been playing a bit better with Rezende. She is awful in this game, and if they lose, it will be mainly down to her crucial errors! At least Tandara makes points, even though she can be inconsistent as well.

I am not sure why she is so inconsistent? The only time I have seen her play consistently well was with the national team at the 2010 world championship, even though they lost the final I also find its hard to figure out what position she should play - outside? or opposite? These days most of her attacks are tip balls behind the block - its like she lost all hitting confidence. They better do something to help her improve before Rio - I always compare her to the Kosheleva generation - and both have had to be out of the game for a while, but the Russian seems to be improving at a much faster pace. Maybe Natalia needs to go to Europe? - Turkey or somewhere....

• Amil plays a very boring game.. As I saw yesterday Kristin was 4 from 4 in attack then she got blocked once.. Claudinha did not set her, she only set Tandara and Natalia very often too but she did not kill the ball. I felt like it was a Russian game only wing spikers hitting and mostly one player

• i'm predicting a boring match... Unilever dominating Sesi in all elements :whistle:
    and Brasilia playing really well against Praia Clube :super:
    Dani Scott is leading them

• Sesi might end the night in 10th place...if they lose (which will probably happen) and if São Bernardo wins against Rio do Sul (which is possible).

• Unilever did the best two sets they've played so far in the first tow sets yesterday..it was really good! So Im happy the team could show their potencial...later SESI improved, was more agressive in service..and put Unilever into trouble.

Specially Gabi..she is still not in her best (though I think she already improved from the past games). Many unforced errors again, in reception and attack...that has been the main problem for Uni this season. But Im glad the girls could come back in fourth set and avoit the tie-brak.

Overall Im happy...because at least in some moments the team showed a really good performance. :)

I agree Brasilia is improving so much...they showed a much better volleyball in the last games and yesterday....so I expect another hard challange for Unilever this Friday.