Turkey NT 2013

• Well Motta's Turkey NT was always fun to watch but Barbolini's Turkey NT is really painful to watch this summer :wall: I think we will not go very far at this ECH so better i should find an alternative team to support (I guess it will be Croatia NT :D )

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• http://www.voleybolextra.com/1…lli-takimda-neriman-soku/

Sorry that it's in Turkish but according to that article she still has back injury. She won't be playing in NT in ECH 2013 but she will train with Galatasaray before season. I don't think Barbolini has the balls to cut Neriman out of NT. When she is fully recovered, she is much much better than Seda and any other attacking OH in that team. If he really didn't like her, he would cut her in Galatasaray during the season when she had really terrible periods. That never happened. So I guess this is just a temporary decision due to injury. :super:

• Gözde Sonsirma

Turkey didn´t absolve a perfect EC preparation. You reached the second place at the Mediterranean Games (behind Italy) and missed the qualification for the final round of the Grand Prix. What were the reasons for this?

“We had a really hard season and as a result of that we were not able to increase our performance! But now we are just thinking about the European Championship and will do everything to win a medal.”

Full interview: http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…anbul-turkey-germany.html

Aww, that's so sad: the highest paid volleyball players in the world had a really hard season. Shame on you Turkish Federation! Three months is not enough for holidays. New York, Barcelona, Phuket and Turkish Coast were sexy, but what about Vegas, L.A., London, Paris and Côte d'Azur? How can they increase their performance in such an ugly world? ;(

• Just watched the first 4 sets of Bulgaria - Turkey friendly game which ended 3-1. Bulgaria did a good job. It seems like Turkish girls and Barbolini didn't really learn much from the WGP since they are as bad as before. First of all, the reception was really weak for a long time during the game. Both teams had big falls and I have seen 4 aces in row but Turkey was of course worse. Especially Gizem was really horrible (bad is not enough) in reception. After a while I realised that her weak reception was because she tried to cover Seda's area and leave her a very few space. However a number of times, Gizem was jumping infront of Seda to receive which ended really bad. IMO, Barbolini should decide whether Seda receives anything or not at all. Because in this way, Gizem tries to take all serves coming on Seda and they don't end up as a good pass. Another thing with Gizem was, I think she was mentally tired. She lost her concentration several times and just started to walk on the court like she does in her daily life. I didn't see digs from her today either.

When it comes to Seda, I think it was a great opportunity to see her playing for Abbondanza. She didn't receive much however she made a lot of mistakes in 2-3 sets. Bulgaria made several aces by just serving around her and she didn't even take a step to receive. It was annoying to watch. Moreover she was horrible (again bad is not enough) in defense, especially when she was in position 4 and not blocking, she kept watching the game. It is fun to say this but I missed Neriman when I saw Seda's performance today. I believe Abbondanza won't let her play OH in club after this performance for sure. Güldeniz came in instead of Seda for the backline positions but she didn't receive great either however she had some nice defence examples. Finally Seda was good in attacking but had several easy mistakes when she hit the ball far out.

It's not much to say about our MBs again. Büşra and Bahar were there. Büşra tried several slide attacks but she got blocked a lot. Bahar was as usual, she hit the ball out couple of times. I don't remember any impressive blocks from both of them. Seda did some and Gözde did 1-2. In the end Naz forgot that she has MBs as attacking option and I understand her. :wavy: Too bad that we don't have better alternatives.

I think among this bad team, the best ones of the day were Neslihan and Naz. There were some periods where I felt like the setter didn't matter at all because the reception was horrible.
    I don't really know what is wrong with the Turkish team but it's better that Barbolini gives chances to new people. I would like to see Neslihan, Naz and Gözde in the team but the rest can be changed with their alternatives because they don't seem to add much to the team according to their WGP and today's performance. I wouldn't actually feel bad if Aslı and Kübra played as MBs today and Turkey lost. Someone else should be considered for Seda's position definitely. Instead of taking in Güldeniz who doesn't even play in starting six in her club and doesn't want to be transferred to a team where she can play regularly and not open to development, I would prefer to see Birgül or any other young OHs. Again it may sound bad but Gülden should be recalled to the national team because Gizem is obviously not enough and has a long way to go. :heart:

P.s. Sorry for being such harsh but it feels bad to watch a team of opportunities in such a bad condition.

• Gizem and Gozde covered large areas in their own team i believe so in theory there shouldn't be any problem. But in Wgp at least they both failed to do that especially Gizem. As for Seda she is probably only other hitter than Neslihan who can actually kill. Nerimans recent performance was terrible she is clearly out of shape so i understand Barbolinis choice not to take her. I don't know other Ohs that you mentioned but i remember Asli as a starter in few games in Wgp and performing really bad. so i don't feel like Turkey does have that many options left this is the best team that they can offer right now

• Thanks a lot for this detailed analysis about match :win: I couldn't watch the match but I agree with you on most of points. Only part that i disagree is that I really feel hopeless about both Kubra and Asli as much as I feel about our other MBs. Asli is too short for international level and Kubra is too slow. Kubra's height and Asli's speed would be great combo but as a genetist even I am incapable of doing so :lol:

Neriman's absence is important in such situations, which Seda can't maintain a decent level. Since both Neriman and Seda are inconsistent, it might work better by rotating them. Yet now, we simply don't have any other option than her. All remaining OHs are defensive players. Indeed I would expect to see Seyma Ercan in final roster instead of Birgul Guler. Seyma has a better season in a better club than Birgul. Also Seyma is all-around OH, taller but good at reception. We should focus on more this kinda all-around players instead of ones who can either receieve or attack :down:

My only consolation is the fact that Bulgaria is one of the medal contender, thus we might play better againstbother teams :S

• Perhaps the poor performance is not due to individuals, but team work? Similar to DR team?

I agree on that partly. Yes the performance of the whole team is pretty low but individuals cause that. I don't think Naz or Neslihan play much worse than normal. However rest of the team, especially Gizem and Seda's performances are horrible.

For the other comments above, what I meant with other alternative players was having younger options. If Barbolini had 3 young names instead of Seda, Busra and Bahar and Turkey lost, then I wouldn't be angry, because at least he gives chance to younger players. Somehow I have the feeling that team lost its spirit totally. They don't care about the result and that's why they play so sloppy. They don't show their best performance because they seem like they don't believe that it will end good. I don't know maybe some players don't like each other and that's why they play that bad. I can't find a good explanation than this and missing their husbands. :down:

• Turkish NT in Halle/Westfalen

My favorite comment of Neslihan is "I think Gizem is little light-minded because our rooms are next to each other but she comes through the window, yet we have not managed to teach her the door. Hopefully, she will start to use the door within the next few days." :rolll: :rolll:

• Never without my twin

Gözde "Our husbands get along very well, if it is possible we want to be mothers at the same time. Of course it would be very difficult for our own mother, we do not want to force her too much."

Özge "We work hard and travel a lot. We are not even aware that we are married. After the Olympics we want to enjoy marriage and want to have children."

Courtesy of http://www.voleybolunsesi.com

They seriously talk about marriage and having children in Germany. :white: Lately, there is no singel interview in which they are not crying about their profession. If I wouldn't know that they are volleyball players, I would think they are soldiers in Afghanistan. ?(

• Having watched today match against Russia and read game reports of NT this summer, here are my comments:

1. As I've been saying since last year, Neslihan should be out of NT. What? She was good at this game vs Russia? So what? She was good at 1 game only in 10 games. Her time at NT is over, she can't handle both Ecz and NT. If she wants to win somethings in Cev championship which is her last chance this year, she better resign NT and focus on Ecz only. Neslihan should have been a bench player in this EC competition behind Polen.

2. Good to see Esra and aged Gulden are out.

3. Not good to see Busra and Seda still at ;NT. Why do we see these continuously? especially Busra who is heavy weight middle? torpil? Nalan? Enough is enough.

4. Where is Asli Kalac who was best blocker in the leage last season (equal block with Poljak with 55 blocks)? Where is Kubra Akman like youngsters? They were junior world champions a year ago or two.

5. So so Bahar, should have been a bench player behind Asli.

6. Team captain should have been Gozde.

7. I don't know whats happening off-the field, i can just guess, it seems that either GS board or Barbolini himself protected GS players against injury risk at NT games. This must be why Ergul or Asli not played a single game and why Neriman wasn't called. On the field, Barbolini has been simply useless, not player rotation, no game style change, etc. Yesterday, during Belarus game, Russian coach was watching Turkey and Barbolini made the same player changes over and over. It was too easy for Russian coach. If what Barbolini would do this, ineffective, then, fire him, I can do the same work for a salary of one tenth of his salary.

8. Next NT team should be built around Gozde as captain and most of players should be youngsters such as Asli, Kubra, Polen, etc and instead of Barbolini, a Turkish coach should be NT coach. It is stuip to communicate with the coach in another language at NT while they are unable to understand each others even in their native language.

9. So, federation who hasn't forseen this that even me novie foresaw should resign immediately.

• Nooo, nightmare is back :wall: :wall: :wall:

• I agree on the 7th comment that Barbolini probably tried to protect a Galatasaray player, particularly Neriman from injury. That's why she wasnt called to NT. I don't wanna believe in other speculations and find them quite amateur.

I think this tournament and WGP have been really good for our NT. Because now we understood that this team does not work. Turkey played like the Netherlands, Belgium and Croatia, however the level of game should be competing with Italy, Russia and Serbia. I think Esra and Gülden were definitely needed in these two tournaments. First of all, Barbolini had to play with Seda in front positions because he didn't have any other options. But in the back row, why did he take Güldeniz in? She couldn't defend or receive good at all. She is a player that can't start in the starting 6 in her own club. I would definitely prefer Esra in that case when a back row OH was needed. If he doesn't like Esra, he should take Dilara or Gülden in since Naz never sets to Güldeniz when she is in back row.

About MBs, I definitely agree. When the blocks are this bad, I think Barbolini can give chance to others anyway.

About Neslihan, I don't agree at all. She has up and downs but she is the only one that can change the game. Polen is slow and her spikes are not strong. If she was smart and ambitious, she would leave her club and go to somewhere else where she could play in starting six. I'm sure Fenerbahce and Galatasaray would appreciate her. I find her and Güldeniz silly and I believe such players don't deserve to be in NT at all.

I like Vakıfbank as a team and their foreigners are my favorites but for the sake of Turkish NT, I hope Eczacıbaşı or Galatasaray win the title this year. So people like Barbolini do not focus only Vakıfbank's players. :mad:

• Neriman has said more than once that she is healthy, furthermore, Mrs. Ural and Neriman's tweets confirm that something different is going on. Gülden didn't want to retire, she was forced by someone. Esra had to lie for the sake of the team. She has chronic injuries that are common for volleyball players, but nothing serious. Neriman was a thorn in the side of someone, Tvf has still not named the reason for her absence.

• Interview with Yeliz Basa:

http://www.voleybolextra.com/1…-sampiyonluk-icin-geldim/

Unfortunately it's in Turkish. She seems like a very humble person. I don't know much about her but it feels unfair that someone like Polen who sits in bench in her own club is playing for national team and players like Yeliz Basa that actually plays in starting six is not even invited. Vakifbank might be a great team but it does not necessarily mean that their bench players are also awesome. :teach:

• Yeliz was also on bench almost half of the matches :rolleyes:

• Polen's situation has been discussed many times.. I won't speak about other Vakifbank bench players, but Polen is for sure NT material.. IMO she should be a starter even in NT.. :whistle:

• Polen's situation has been discussed many times.. I won't speak about other Vakifbank bench players, but Polen is for sure NT material.. IMO she should be a starter even in NT.. :whistle:

I agree on the fact that Polen has a high quality and great potential but it is tiredsome to see that such players prefer to sit in the bench of big clubs instead of moving to somewhere else where they can start in starting 6. I'm sure Galatasaray and Fenerbahce would love to have her in their team and then she would be starting in NT instead of Neslihan as well.