2013 Pan American Cup

• Really good battle between Cuba and Argentina. The best match in this tournament, I think. Espescially first two sets - almost 0 stupid errors and equal, point for point game ;)
    Fresco end everything today :thumbsup: In 3rd set two genius change by Argentina's coach - Rizzo on serve = 1 ace and later Busquets on serve = 3 aces! :white:

joanamss - and who have harder group - Puerto or Canada? :thumbup: :mirror:

• Our rivalry against Russia is distinct. Players don't seem to like each other very much and It's hard to imagine russian players playing here. Brazil X Russia at the Olympic Games was tense. I never saw russian players with such tension expressed in their faces.

You're just making this up. This rivalry only exists in Brazilian people heads and I don't know why, but they love it and keep it alive. Maybe it's for the better and make the games more interesting for you to watch, but here in Russia there was never said anything bad about Brazilian players (except for 1 Borodakova's interview where she claimed that Brazilian players never say Hello, but not only to Russians - to every other team as well) . I'm sure Russian players just don't care that much. You say its hard to imagine russian players playing in Brazil - I wonder, why do you think so? (If we don't consider a money question, Russians players earn much more at home now then they would anywhere else) A lot of Brazilian players play in Russia and they are been treated very friendly by other players and fans. Russians don't have problems with Brazilian volleyball. Russian players are famous for their tense expressions and it won't change if they'll play Brazil or USA or Turkey, its an Olympic Qfs, hard game ahead, Gamova, Goncharova, Artamonova - they are not the ones to smile around, it's their temperament, whcih is common for Russian people, unfortunately.
    Sorry for OT, it's just I'm tired to here this from Brazilian fans.

• Puerto-Rico has won 1st set against Costa-Rica - 25:5.
    A record of some kind at this level maybe?
    Puerto-Rico - Costa-Rica - 3:0 (25:5, 25:14,25:12)

• 3) Good news! Frecuencia Latina will broadcast semifinals and finals. :thumbup:

I hope they won't change their mind! Would dearly like to see the games, not only Peruvian team everyday

• You're just making this up. This rivalry only exists in Brazilian people heads and I don't know why, but they love it and keep it alive. Maybe it's for the better and make the games more interesting for you to watch, but here in Russia there was never said anything bad about Brazilian players (except for 1 Borodakova's interview where she claimed that Brazilian players never say Hello, but not only to Russians - to every other team as well) . I'm sure Russian players just don't care that much. You say its hard to imagine russian players playing in Brazil - I wonder, why do you think so? (If we don't consider a money question, Russians players earn much more at home now then they would anywhere else) A lot of Brazilian players play in Russia and they are been treated very friendly by other players and fans. Russians don't have problems with Brazilian volleyball. Russian players are famous for their tense expressions and it won't change if they'll play Brazil or USA or Turkey, its an Olympic Qfs, hard game ahead, Gamova, Goncharova, Artamonova - they are not the ones to smile around, it's their temperament, whcih is common for Russian people, unfortunately.
    Sorry for OT, it's just I'm tired to here this from Brazilian fans.

I'm not russian nor brazilian but kinda agree with you. I think all the brazilians are making this up because they were defeated by Russia even twice in WCH.

• I'm not russian nor brazilian but kinda agree with you. I think all the brazilians are making this up because they were defeated by Russia even twice in WCH.

Man, I'm from Brazil and I can say, there's a little rivarly between Brazil and some russians players, like Gamova. She's always trying to provoke the players in the matches, and that's a thing that brazilian players don't like her mainly. The same I can say for other players in the past, like Merkulova, Borodakova... We understand that is russian style of playing, maybe the Cubans from Europe :lol: , but we just don't like it and that's no well assimilated here.

Paula Pequeno is the only player who said bad things about GAMOVA, not the Russia's NT. BTW, Fabiana and Fofão already gave some interviews saying good things about Sokolova for example.

• Man, I'm from Brazil and I can say, there's a little rivarly between Brazil and some russians players, like Gamova. She's always trying to provoke the players in the matches, and that's a thing that brazilian players don't like her mainly. The same I can say for other players in the past, like Merkulova, Borodakova... We understand that is russian style of playing, maybe the Cubans from Europe :lol: , but we just don't like it and that's no well assimilated here.
    Paula Pequeno is the only player who said bad things about GAMOVA, not the Russia's NT. BTW, Fabiana and Fofão already gave some interviews saying good things about Sokolova for example.

Oh My. now its Russians who are provoking? Is it a strange joke? You compare Russian style to Cuban? Oh My! 8| No, my dear Brazilian friends, its always Brazilians players who provoking, protesting, being disrespectful and not only against Russian team, but against every team in the world, even against Switzerland in a friendly Montreaux tournament. I know that you will never admit it, but all the rest of the world sees it and believe me, knows who really provokes.
    Here in Russia nobody would care what Paula Pequeno or Ze Roberto or Fabi or all the others trash talkers would have to say about Gamova or Russian NT. Believe me, Gamova and Sokolova would never talk in interview about these people, they consider themselves Queens and Queens don't discuss what ordinary people have to say or something bad about anyone, they are just above that :D

• Oh My. now its Russians who are provoking? Is it a strange joke? You compare Russian style to Cuban? Oh My! 8| No, my dear Brazilian friends, its always Brazilians players who provoking, protesting, being disrespectful and not only against Russian team, but against every team in the world, even against Switzerland in a friendly Montreaux tournament. I know that you will never admit it, but all the rest of the world sees it and believe me, knows who really provokes.
    Here in Russia nobody would care what Paula Pequeno or Ze Roberto or Fabi or all the others trash talkers would have to say about Gamova or Russian NT. Believe me, Gamova and Sokolova would never talk in interview about these people, they consider themselves Queens and Queens don't discuss what ordinary people have to say or something bad about anyone, they are just above that :D

I meant Gamova is always provoking, because that I compared her with Cubans. I didn't that she acts like cuban players all the time. (that's true, even in russian championship... do you think that Gamova is an angel? It's just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7daeIY0TqI ). That's one of the various examples that Gamova is a great player, but also she have a lot of anti sporting attitudes.

Anyway I won't discuss this, because I like Russia NT and their players now! Zaryazhko is adorable btw :win:

EDIT: To complete the things that I don't like Gamova very much... There's a quote about your queen: "I told myself that I didn't want to see the brazilian team celebrating the gold medal" GAMOVA, Ekaterina. About WCH 2010. http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…er_embedded&v=jyOjMjjAt4s

• I meant Gamova is always provoking, because that I compared her with Cubans. I didn't that she acts like cuban players all the time. (that's true, even in russian championship... do you think that Gamova is an angel? It's just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7daeIY0TqI ). That's one of the various examples that Gamova is a great player, but also she have a lot of anti sporting attitudes.
    Anyway I won't discuss this, because I like Russia NT and their players now! Zaryazhko is adorable btw :win:

I absolutely agree with you on this, Gamova often acts arrogant and I don't like her attitude at all. And in recent years her attitude is getting ever worse. I like Irina too, she's lovely!

• Peru - Mexico game was pretty exciting! Have to say, all Peru game were exciting even if the level isn't very high

• I absolutely agree with you on this, Gamova often acts arrogant and I don't like her attitude at all. And in recent years her attitude is getting ever worse. I like Irina too, she's lovely!

That's the mainly problem between brazilians and russians, I think. I'm happy that you recognize that her attitude is getting worse and worse. :lol:

• That's the mainly problem between brazilians and russians, I think. I'm happy that you recognize that her attitude is getting worse and worse. :lol:

I will not agree with you on this though. I remember there was a bad story with Brazilians and Piccinini and also we can say that Ramirez is crazy but she didn't act like this against Russians. I think there're more such stories and they will continue to appear even then Gamova won't play anymore. So Brazilians are the reason I think and certainly in Russia - there's no rivalry. Brazil is just another opponent like everyone else, only stronger.

• Peru - Mexico game was pretty exciting! Have to say, all Peru game were exciting even if the level isn't very high

I agree. Lots of long matches, the crowd certainly got their money's worth. :D

Mexico definitely could have won but congrats to Peru on pulling out the win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff45vJFgq1k

• Brazil and Canada got into the 5th set now. Gabi with 23 points already

• I agree. Lots of long matches, the crowd certainly got their money's worth. :D

Mexico definitely could have won but congrats to Peru on pulling out the win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff45vJFgq1k

Thank you both guys. Finally Peru won a 5 sets match.
    Mexico deserved to win, and as a peruvian I will always cheer my team.

Rafaella Camet is playing very well, she is the best of Peru. We are happy for her.

She is also a model. Beautiful girl. :heart:

• So Brazil is last one semifinalist.

Semifinals
    Dominican Republic - Argentina
    USA - Brazil

Places 5th-8th - winners will play in WGP 2014
    Peru - Cuba
    Puerto Rico - Canada

Brazil is already qualified, is it means that 7th team in this competition will advance to Grand Prix too?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Brazil is already qualified, is it means that 7th team in this competition will advance to Grand Prix too?

As always with FIVB and their 'qualifing' rules, there is nothing certain. First, I have read that 4 teams from NORCECA and two teams (except for Brazil as they are already qualified) from CSV will go to the WGP. Then there was information that 2 teams from CSV, but including Brazil. So right now I have no idea how does it work. Guess we will find out after the tournament ends and FIVB will write their press relaes or something :roll: Maybe we need Japan here. They always knew how to make these qualifing rules easy :lol: