Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• Aachen played a friendly match against a 2nd league team today and won easily all 5 sets. Their FB site says that the team is complete except for the two Dutch NT players, but unfortunately there is no info yet about who are the new players in addition to the 8 known so far...

• Photo of Aachen's team:

Several unknown faces there...Stoltenborg and Belien are with Dutch NT and Anke Borowikow isn't on the photo either...if anyone recognises any of the players except Valachova, Bednarova, Ponte, Weihenmaier, van den Berghen and Jordanne Scott, please give the names.

• Thanks...she doesn't look Scandinavian at all :D

So the only one we haven't figured out yet is the one right beside Marek Rojko...and I'm sure I have seen that face before too...

You´re welcome. When i saw Eli for the first time, i also didn´t believe she´s from Finland. But i´ve heard her talking to her mum on her cell phone in finnish, while driving around with her.

No idea about the remaining unknown player, though.

• With those latest transfers, all teams in Bundesliga are complete for now. Thüringen and Münster might make another transfer during the season though...

Judging from the rosters, the fight for the last place will be between Hamburg, Münster and Köpenick. Strongest teams seem the same as usual, Schwerin and Dresden, followed by Vilsbiburg, Wiesbaden and Aachen. Stuttgart, Thüringen and Potsdam also look good, I expect another quite balanced season :drink:

• Raven, do you know if Luise Mauersberger will play this season? As far as I know she signed a 2 year contract before her pregnancy, but in the article about the latest transfers is written that Vilsbiburg will have a 12 player roster, but I count 13...

• Raven, do you know if Luise Mauersberger will play this season? As far as I know she signed a 2 year contract before her pregnancy, but in the article about the latest transfers is written that Vilsbiburg will have a 12 player roster, but I count 13...

No, she will not play. Don´t know about her contract situation, though.

• Thanks, too bad because she was a really talented player. In other countries there are so many players that come back after having a baby, but somehow in Germany this never happens :what:

You´re welcome. It is said, that she has noone to look after her son during matches. Which sounds - well - quite peculiar. But it´s her decision, though.

• VT Aurubis presents new "structures" :whistle: and the new team for next season:

http://www.vt-aurubis-hamburg.…rticle&id=1111&Itemid=120

Well, mistakes were made, when the money from Aurubis was still there and they couldn`t build a successful team. Anyway, just hope they won't fall apart completely. All that doesn't sound good...... :white:

• Yes thats right. But I don't know how Fans of Erfurt feal. And I don't know what it will mean for the youth. I think the biggest talents of Thüringen (especially Erfurt) have gone to Dresden in the past. But will this change with the new concept? Will fans of Erfurt really be interested in this team that is made in Suhl? Ok, it is good to give two top matches to Erfurt, so maybe it works. But if these matches will have only few visitors they have a big problem. We will see.

The 2nd league team in Erfurt is going to play as well I think so why would it be a problem? There is not such big distance between the two cities specially since the tunnel is built it takes nothing by car. And I think is great as the young players will get chance to play in the 2nd league and if they prove they are ready then they can move to first league without waiting for their team to qualify or without moving to the other side of the country. In Erfurt they either way have good options for young players to study and to play at the same time. Great decision.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!